Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
3. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
4. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) An urchin.
(c) A giant fish.
(d) A lobster.
5. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
(b) Because the muses refused to visit them.
(c) Because they were too worried about money.
(d) Because art was not appreciated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
2. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
5. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)