|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Catullus have?
2. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
(a) His belongings.
(d) The anchor.
3. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their good looks.
(b) Their value.
(c) Their performance.
(d) Their purity.
4. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His pedigree.
(c) His title.
(d) His virtue.
5. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His race.
(b) His age.
(c) His weight.
(d) His upbringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
2. How was Domitian killed?
3. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)