|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
(a) A round of beers at the saloon.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) Flowers planted at the harbor.
(d) The erection of a Maypole.
3. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was banished.
(b) She was buried alive.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) She was stoned.
4. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
5. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(a) Cossutianus Capito.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
2. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
3. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
4. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)