|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His pedigree.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His title.
(d) His wealth.
2. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
(a) The erection of a Maypole.
(b) Flowers planted at the harbor.
(c) An offering to the gods.
(d) A round of beers at the saloon.
3. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
4. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
5. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was brave.
(b) Because he was strong.
(c) Because he was quick.
(d) Because he was sensible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
2. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
3. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
5. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)