|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was brave.
(b) Because he was quick.
(c) Because he was strong.
(d) Because he was sensible.
2. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
3. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their performance.
(b) Their good looks.
(c) Their value.
(d) Their purity.
4. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
5. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A queen.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A priestess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
2. How was Domitian killed?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
4. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
5. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)