|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Ladies in Waiting.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Jester.
2. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A giant fish.
(b) An urchin.
(c) A lobster.
(d) A sea snake.
3. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 10 francs.
(b) 20 copper coins.
(c) 40 silver coins.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
4. How many sons did Catullus have?
5. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was brave.
(b) Because he was quick.
(c) Because he was sensible.
(d) Because he was strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
4. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
5. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)