|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was strong.
(b) Because he was quick.
(c) Because he was brave.
(d) Because he was sensible.
2. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His pedigree.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His title.
3. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
5. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
(a) The coxswain.
(b) The captain.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The deck hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
2. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
4. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
5. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)