|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
(a) From nobility.
(b) From his neighbor.
(c) From his heart.
(d) From the gods.
2. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
3. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 60 gold pieces.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 20 copper coins.
(d) 40 silver coins.
4. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
5. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His race.
(b) His age.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
4. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
5. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)