|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
(a) New Year's Day.
(d) His birthday.
2. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A queen.
(c) A priestess.
(d) A goddess.
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Jester.
4. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was quick.
(b) Because he was brave.
(c) Because he was sensible.
(d) Because he was strong.
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 20 copper coins.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 60 gold pieces.
(d) 40 silver coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
3. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
4. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
5. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)