|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was banished.
(b) She was drowned.
(c) She was stoned.
(d) She was buried alive.
2. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
(a) His birthday.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(c) Cossutianus Capito.
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
5. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A priestess.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
2. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
3. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
4. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)