|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
2. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) An urchin.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) A sea snake.
(d) A lobster.
3. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
(a) From nobility.
(b) From the gods.
(c) From his heart.
(d) From his neighbor.
4. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Desperate men.
(b) Virtuous men.
(c) Guilty men.
(d) Noble men.
5. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
2. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
3. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
4. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
5. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)