|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Ladies in Waiting.
2. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By blowing kisses.
(b) By shouting greetings.
(c) By waving.
(d) By saluting.
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
4. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He accidentally poisoned himself.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He died in battle.
5. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
2. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
3. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
4. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
5. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)