|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) An urchin.
(c) A sea snake.
(d) A giant fish.
2. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
3. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
4. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
(a) From the gods.
(b) From his heart.
(c) From his neighbor.
(d) From nobility.
5. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
3. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
4. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
5. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)