|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(b) Cossutianus Capito.
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
4. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
5. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
(a) School children.
(c) Legacy hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
3. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
4. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)