|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
(a) The coxswain.
(b) The first mate.
(c) The deck hand.
(d) The captain.
2. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
3. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was stoned.
(c) She was buried alive.
(d) She was banished.
4. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 20 copper coins.
(b) 40 silver coins.
(c) 60 gold pieces.
(d) 10 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
2. How was Domitian killed?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
4. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)