|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
(a) A round of beers at the saloon.
(b) The erection of a Maypole.
(c) An offering to the gods.
(d) Flowers planted at the harbor.
2. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
3. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Virtuous men.
(b) Noble men.
(c) Guilty men.
(d) Desperate men.
4. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their purity.
(b) Their performance.
(c) Their value.
(d) Their good looks.
5. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
(a) Legacy hunters.
(c) School children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
3. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
4. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
5. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)