|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Noble men.
(b) Guilty men.
(c) Virtuous men.
(d) Desperate men.
3. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
4. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A priestess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A school teacher.
5. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
4. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
5. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)