|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Ladies in Waiting.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Privy Council.
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
4. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their value.
(b) Their performance.
(c) Their good looks.
(d) Their purity.
5. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
(a) The crew.
(b) The wind.
(c) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
2. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
3. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
4. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
5. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)