|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Ladies in Waiting.
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
4. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His title.
(b) His pedigree.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His virtue.
5. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
3. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
4. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
5. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)