One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Noble men.
(b) Virtuous men.
(c) Guilty men.
(d) Desperate men.
2. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
3. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
4. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By shouting greetings.
(c) By saluting.
(d) By blowing kisses.
5. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His weight.
(b) His age.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
2. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
5. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)