|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margot subject a book to water and damage?
(a) To make the book look older.
(b) To test her theories of restoration.
(c) To fool the Professor.
(d) To fool the nuns.
2. How are Sandro and a rare book dealer connected?
(a) They were prisoners of war together in North Africa.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They graduated from the same University.
3. About what is Margot nervous?
(a) A talk with the abbess.
(b) A visit from Alessandro.
(c) A visit from Sister Gemma.
(d) A visit from her father.
4. What changes in Margot and Alessandro's relationship?
(b) His wife arrives.
(c) They become lovers.
(d) They becomes more like colleagues.
5. Where do Margot and Sandro go to eat after visiting Volmaro?
(a) An arcade.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) A German restaurant.
(d) The museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madre Badessa regret?
2. What does Margot decide about the book as far as Volmaro is concerned?
3. What does the Bishop want to see?
4. What does Sandro think about the day so far after he and Margot are done eating?
5. To what is Margot very drawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madre Badessa say about Aretino?
2. What has Margot done to restore Aretino?
3. How does Sandro shock Margot a couple weeks after the fresco removal?
4. How does Sandro's feelings change from the time of entering the annulment proceedings to after meeting with the judges?
5. Relate Sandro's story about his love for a movie star when he was young.
6. How does Margot learn that Sandro has deceived her about Volmaro and what does Margot decide to do about selling the book to Volmaro?
7. What do the judges decide about Sandro's annulment application?
8. How does Sandro rationalize his deciding not to propose to Margot?
9. Describe the first scene in Volmaro's office when Margot arrives to negotiate the sale of Aretino.
10. Why do Margot and Sister Gemma have a discussion about religion when visiting Sister Agape?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)