|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not want a visit from the priest?
(b) The abbess.
(c) Sister Agata.
2. Why is Margot called into Madre Badessa's office?
(a) To see a new fresco found in the library archives.
(b) The Madre was worried about Margot.
(c) To hear a piece of music.
(d) To learn about the restoration of the book.
3. How does Margot feel about the Bishop?
(a) The thinks he is eccentric.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She thinks he's fair.
(d) She thinks he is quite wise.
4. What does Sandro offer Margot?
(a) To put her up as his mistress in Rome.
(b) To marry him.
(c) His apartment for as long as she wants it.
(d) To put her up as his mistress in London.
5. What does Sandro think Margot has figured out?
(a) That Sandro was going to deceive her when he made a deal with Volmaro to benefit Sandro.
(b) That Sandro is not going to propose to her.
(c) That Sandro is going to propose to her.
(d) That Sandro was going to suplement the sale with his own money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nun is Margot's best friend of all the nuns?
2. What do the judges take seriously?
3. What does Sandro appreciate about Margot?
4. Where do Margot and Sandro go to eat after visiting Volmaro?
5. What does Sandro think has changed about Margot from when he first met her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margot act after Sandro has moved back to Rome?
2. What has Margot done to restore Aretino?
3. How does Sandro rationalize his deciding not to propose to Margot?
4. How does Margot set up a false trail for auctioning Aretino?
5. Where does Margot go to watch Sandro's work and how does he feel about what he is doing?
6. What does Madre Badessa say about Aretino?
7. What do the judges decide about Sandro's annulment application?
8. How does Sandro's feelings change from the time of entering the annulment proceedings to after meeting with the judges?
9. Besides not wanting to leave Sandro, why else is Margot reluctant to leave Florence?
10. What does Margot ask Sandro as far as their visit to Volmaro and what is his reply?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)