|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes ill in Chapter 9?
(a) Sister Maria Augustino.
(c) The abbess.
(d) Sister Agata Agape.
2. With whom does Margot spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
(a) The nuns.
(c) Her father.
(d) No one.
3. What does Margot put in between the pages of the book she is working on?
(a) Absorbent paper.
(b) Palm leaves.
(c) Charcoal paper.
(d) Banana leaves.
4. What makes Margot change her mind about her plans in late December?
(a) Her father.
(b) Madre Badessa.
(c) Watching Alessandro cross the piazza.
(d) Her boss.
5. What does the Bishop want to see?
(c) The book Margot has been restoring.
(d) The new frescoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Margot very drawn?
2. What will Sandro's position be?
3. What does Margot want to keep away from the Bishop?
4. What month does Sandro decide Margot is?
5. Who does Margot think should get the money from the sale of the book she is restoring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sandro shock Margot a couple weeks after the fresco removal?
2. What does Margot decide about leaving Florence and then what makes her change her decision?
3. How does Sandro rationalize his deciding not to propose to Margot?
4. What is Father Francisco's directive concerning the nuns disturbing him?
5. What has Margot done to restore Aretino?
6. What does Sandro think about his day so far as he and Margot are eating at a Chinese restaurant?
7. Describe the first scene in Volmaro's office when Margot arrives to negotiate the sale of Aretino.
8. What do the judges decide about Sandro's annulment application?
9. What do Sandro and Margot do and what is Margot's response?
10. What does Sandro think about as he looks at Margot as they are riding in a taxi in Chapter 14?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)