|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margot feel about the time she and Sandro spend together?
(a) It is intense.
(b) It is a happy time.
(c) It is a disaster.
(d) It is strained.
2. What does Margot decide about the book as far as Volmaro is concerned?
(a) The book is worth too much to trust Volmaro.
(b) Margot thinks Volmaro has no interest in the book.
(c) The book is no longer for sale to Volmaro.
(d) Volmaro is the right person to purchase the book.
3. What changes in Margot and Alessandro's relationship?
(a) They become lovers.
(b) They becomes more like colleagues.
(d) His wife arrives.
4. Who is Volmaro?
(a) The curator of Southby's auction.
(b) The taxi driver who offers a solution to water damage.
(c) The rare book dealer.
(d) The head judge on Sandro's annulment proceedings.
5. Who will Sandro rejoin?
(a) No one.
(b) His last mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His former employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the workers getting ready to detach some frescoes?
2. About what does Volmaro say he is being generous?
3. How does Margot attempt to fool the Bishop?
4. With whom does Margot spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
5. Why does Margot subject a book to water and damage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandro think about as he looks at Margot as they are riding in a taxi in Chapter 14?
2. What does Madre Badessa say about Aretino?
3. What does Margot decide about leaving Florence and then what makes her change her decision?
4. How does Margot act after Sandro has moved back to Rome?
5. What does Margot send to the Bishop and how does she convince him that it is Aretino?
6. Besides not wanting to leave Sandro, why else is Margot reluctant to leave Florence?
7. What do Sandro and Margot do and what is Margot's response?
8. How does Sandro shock Margot a couple weeks after the fresco removal?
9. When is Margot ready for the final phase of restoring Aretino; where does she go for help in this phase and what does she do?
10. Describe Margot's meeting with the Bishop.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)