|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Margot while she is still in the abbess' office?
(a) That the abbess is unhappy about the bishop.
(b) The graphic images of a book she opens.
(c) That the abbess was a young widow when she becomes a nun.
(d) That the postulates can still decide to quit.
2. What does Margot realize about the books she quickly assesses?
(a) They are terribly damaged.
(b) They are mostly relevant to the Catholic church.
(c) They are not too damaged on the inside.
(d) They are very valuable.
3. For what does Margot listen during brief moments of silence?
(b) Her mother's voice.
(d) Her father's cries.
4. What will happen when Margot goes to Italy?
(a) She will lose her job in the States.
(b) Her fiance says he will end their engagement.
(c) She will be in the running for a book award.
(d) Her father will disown her.
5. What does the bishop think the convent should not have?
(a) Access to secular movies.
(b) A library.
(c) A t. v. room.
(d) A gym.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lucia live?
2. When did Margot once live in this city?
3. What does the professor ask Margot a few days later in a taxi?
4. What is more important than quantity in the library?
5. About what does Margot become curious after a few weeks of working at the convent library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when the taxi gets a flat tire.
2. What is the significance of Harvard University to Margot?
3. Who is Margeaux, and describe a scene that Margeaux is good at.
4. How does Margot react to the book that the postulants keep over night, and what is Madre Badessa's reaction?
5. Why is Margot drawn to some frescoes she views in the convent and how is that uncharacteristic of her?
6. What do Margot and Madre Badessa discuss concerning the nuns' vows?
7. What are Margot's impressions of Professor Eugene Chapin?
8. What did Alessandro do on the day of the November 4th flood?
9. How is Margot spending time during the long plane and train rides?
10. How does Margot respond to working at the convent?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)