|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madre Badessa ask Margot to do?
(a) Talk with a priest about a book.
(b) Consider becoming a nun.
(c) Leave the convent.
(d) Value a book.
2. For what does Margot listen during brief moments of silence?
(a) Her father's cries.
(c) Her mother's voice.
3. Why does Margot almost miss the train as it is leaving a scheduled stop?
(a) She disembarks to purchase food.
(b) She is detained by a policeman.
(c) She is detained by her former college acquaintance.
(d) She disembarks to purchase souvenirs.
4. Who speaks to Margo in French?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The taxi driver.
(c) A stranger who offers assistance.
(d) The boardinghouse madam.
5. What is more important than quantity in the library?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nuns show Margot?
2. Who is Professor Eugene Chapin?
3. What does the train conductor tell Margot a bit later?
4. Who does Margot meet one day later than originally scheduled?
5. What does Margot do while riding the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when the taxi gets a flat tire.
2. How does the situation about the cassette tapes affect Margot's life even years later?
3. Describe Margot's discussion of the library with Madre Badessa.
4. How does Margot respond to working at the convent?
5. About what does Margot become curious while working at the convent, and what does she learn?
6. Where does Margot end up staying and what does she do on her first morning in Florence?
7. What does Margot decide to do in Chapter 1 and who is against her doing so?
8. How does Margot react to the book that the postulants keep over night, and what is Madre Badessa's reaction?
9. What do Margot and Madre Badessa discuss concerning the nuns' vows?
10. Discuss the significance of Señor Bruni in Margot's life as a teenager.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)