|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margot want to say goodbye to in private?
(a) Sister Gemma.
(c) The Professor.
2. What does Margot ask Volmaro as he is counting out money?
(a) If he will pay in American dollars.
(b) If he will auction the book.
(c) How Volmaro arrived at a price for the book Margot is selling.
(d) If he will broker the book rather than buying it outright.
3. When does Margot plan to return to the United States?
(a) She does not know.
(b) Before Christmas.
(c) Before Thanksgiving.
(d) Sometime after the New Year.
4. Why does Margot subject a book to water and damage?
(a) To test her theories of restoration.
(b) To fool the nuns.
(c) To fool the Professor.
(d) To make the book look older.
5. About what does Margot lie to the Bishop?
(a) The whereabouts of the book.
(c) The cost of the restoration.
(d) Her relationship with Alessandro.
6. What does Sandro appreciate about Margot?
(a) Her zest for life.
(b) Her desire to better herself.
(c) Her willingness to wait for him.
(d) Her honesty.
7. Who is Volmaro?
(a) The curator of Southby's auction.
(b) The head judge on Sandro's annulment proceedings.
(c) The taxi driver who offers a solution to water damage.
(d) The rare book dealer.
8. What reminds Margot of her mother's death?
(a) Sister Gemma's death.
(b) A movie she sees.
(c) Sister Agata's death.
(d) The abbess' death.
9. What changes in Margot and Alessandro's relationship?
(a) They become lovers.
(c) They becomes more like colleagues.
(d) His wife arrives.
10. What does Father Francisco make clear to everyone?
(a) He does not want to be disturbed unnecessarily.
(b) He believes the nuns are wrong to have a library.
(c) He is traveling out of town and the ill nun will have to have another priest.
(d) He is requesting a new assignment.
11. Where does Margot enjoy living?
(a) At the convent.
(b) In her own hotel suite.
(c) In a room she lets in an old Italian mansion.
(d) In town.
12. What do the judges take seriously?
(a) The Bishop's accusation of theft.
(b) The Bishop's desire to close the convent.
(c) The accusation of attempted murder against Margot.
(d) A request for annulment.
13. What does Sandro think about the day so far after he and Margot are done eating?
(a) It has been a profitable day.
(b) It is the most humiliating day of his life.
(c) It has been a confusing day.
(d) It is the most wonderful day of his life.
14. What is Sandro preparing to do in regard to Margot?
(a) Propose marriage.
(b) Leave her.
(c) Propose he keep her as his mistress.
(d) Ask to meet her father.
15. What month does Sandro decide Margot is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margot ask Sandro about the book she is reconditioning?
2. What does Madre Badessa regret?
3. About what is Margot nervous?
4. With what does Sandro think Margot is in love?
5. How are Sandro and a rare book dealer connected?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)