|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margot's father tell her when she talks with him on Christmas?
(a) That he is considering a move to Texas.
(b) That he has written her out of his will.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he is remarrying.
2. What does Margot ask Sandro about the book she is reconditioning?
(a) What he would do about the back cover.
(b) How he would get the stains off the cover sheet.
(c) What he would have done with the money from his double-crossing.
(d) If the book had any influence on his decision to leave.
3. Who does not want a visit from the priest?
(b) The abbess.
(c) Sister Agata.
4. What does Madre Badessa regret?
(a) Staying on as a nun when she was young.
(b) Giving Margot the book that she is restoring.
(c) Offering Margot a place at the convent.
(d) Not seeing Sister Agata before her death.
5. Where are Father Francisco's apartments?
(a) Near the chapel.
(b) In the basement.
(c) At the other end of the convent from the infirmary.
(d) In the bottom of the bell tower.
6. What does Madre Badessa ask Margot to bring to her?
(a) A list of Margot's recommendations for the library.
(b) An inventory of all books over 200 years old in the library.
(c) The book Margot is restoring at Alessandro's.
(d) A list of supplies Margot needs.
7. What do the judges take seriously?
(a) The Bishop's desire to close the convent.
(b) A request for annulment.
(c) The accusation of attempted murder against Margot.
(d) The Bishop's accusation of theft.
8. Who will Sandro rejoin?
(a) His last mistress.
(b) His former employer.
(c) His wife.
(d) No one.
9. About what does Margot lie to the Bishop?
(a) The cost of the restoration.
(b) The whereabouts of the book.
(d) Her relationship with Alessandro.
10. What month does Sandro decide Margot is?
11. In what has Sandro been unlucky in the past?
(c) His health.
12. With whom does Margot spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
(a) Her father.
(c) No one.
(d) The nuns.
13. Where are the workers getting ready to detach some frescoes?
(a) The Florence Fine Arts Gallery.
(b) The Venetian Fine Arts Gallery.
(c) Lodovici Chapel.
(d) The convent's library.
14. Which nun is Margot's best friend of all the nuns?
(a) Sister Gemma.
(b) Madre Badessa.
(c) No one in particular.
(d) Sister Agata.
15. About what does Volmaro say he is being generous?
(a) The price he is offering for Margot's book.
(b) The price he heaps on Sandro.
(c) His agreement to wait for two weeks until Margot makes up her mind.
(d) His descriptions of the conditions in North Africa during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandro appreciate about Margot?
2. How does Volmaro seem to Margot at first?
3. How does Margot feel about the Bishop?
4. Why does Margot subject a book to water and damage?
5. Why is Margot called into Madre Badessa's office?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)