|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margot's father break down and cry years after her mother dies?
(a) His second wife leaves him.
(b) Margot's brother is killed.
(c) The tapes she recorded did not have anything on them.
(d) Margot's sister reveals Margot's mother's infidelity to him.
2. When did Margot once live in this city?
3. Why does Margot almost miss the train as it is leaving a scheduled stop?
(a) She is detained by her former college acquaintance.
(b) She is detained by a policeman.
(c) She disembarks to purchase souvenirs.
(d) She disembarks to purchase food.
4. Who does Margot encounter when she changes compartments on the train?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Two elderly, retired professors.
(c) An acquaintance from college.
(d) A young man who she had noticed earlier.
5. What do Margot and the abbess discuss concerning nuns?
(a) Leaving the convent.
(b) The reason for wearing habits.
(c) God and vows.
6. Who introduces herself to Margot as she is exploring?
(a) The Abbess.
(b) The museum procurer.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The museum curator.
7. Where does Margot think many repairs need to be made?
(a) She is not yet certain.
(b) On the preservation covers.
(c) On the outside of the books.
(d) On the inside of the books.
8. What history does the abbess recount to Margot?
(a) The history of dogma.
(b) The history of religion.
(c) The history of books.
(d) The history of the convent.
9. What do the nuns show Margot?
(a) Some catacombs under the sacristy.
(b) A secret compartment.
(c) Some statues.
(d) How they can manage without help.
10. Who does Margot meet one day later than originally scheduled?
(a) No one.
11. When does Lucia live?
(a) The early 18th century.
(b) The early 20th century.
(c) The early 17th century.
(d) The late 19th century.
12. What invitation does Margot decline?
(a) An offer of a room upgrade for more money.
(b) An invitation to see the Coliseum the next day.
(c) An invitation to stay at a stranger's home.
(d) An invitation to have a drink at a nearby bar.
13. What happens to the taxi in which Margot is riding?
(a) The driver crashes it into a car in front of him.
(c) Its radiator boils over.
(d) It gets a flat tire.
14. What does Madre Badessa ask Margot to do?
(a) Value a book.
(b) Talk with a priest about a book.
(c) Leave the convent.
(d) Consider becoming a nun.
15. Who speaks to Margo in French?
(a) The boardinghouse madam.
(b) A stranger who offers assistance.
(c) The taxi driver.
(d) The police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margot finally disembark for good?
2. What does the abbess in response to Margot's reply to the challenge?
3. What has been discovered in the library?
4. What does Margot think she and the sisters will need in the library?
5. Who are the Mud Angels?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)