|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margot stay?
(a) Her out-of-twon friend's flat.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) Pension Medici.
(d) Pension Grazi.
2. What did Alessandro do on the day of the flood?
(a) Moves to higher quarters.
(b) Begins an affair.
(c) Opens his apartment to others.
(d) Flies out of the city.
3. About what does Margot become curious after a few weeks of working at the convent library?
(a) Where Alessandro spends his time.
(b) The nun's lives.
(c) How her father is doing.
(d) The Church's doctrine.
4. What is more important than quantity in the library?
5. What do Margot and the person who introduces herself to Margot discuss?
(a) The convent library.
(b) The difficulty of authenticating some of the paintings.
(c) The difficulty of buying well-known artifacts.
(d) The city's need for more tourism.
6. Where in the United States does Margot Harrington live?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
7. What is neither great nor terrible that Margot experiences?
(a) Being lovers with Professor Chapin.
(b) The drawings she makes of several pictures in the Louvre.
(c) The drawings she makes of the canal system in Venice.
(d) The work she does translating.
8. What does Margot's mother decide to do when she is dying?
(a) Tell her daughter a long-kept secret.
(b) Go to visit Tahiti.
(c) Record messages for her family.
(d) Visit Greenland.
9. What happens to the taxi in which Margot is riding?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) The driver crashes it into a car in front of him.
(c) Its radiator boils over.
10. What does the bishop think the convent should not have?
(a) A t. v. room.
(b) A library.
(c) Access to secular movies.
(d) A gym.
11. What do the nuns show Margot?
(a) Some catacombs under the sacristy.
(b) How they can manage without help.
(c) Some statues.
(d) A secret compartment.
12. Why is Margot's mother ecstatic after Margot's visit to Villa I Tatti?
(a) Margot becomes pregnant.
(b) Margot is accepted into Harvard.
(c) Margot becomes engaged.
(d) Margot is accepted into Oxford.
13. About what was Abbott Remo worried after the flood?
(a) The mold and mildew.
(b) The lack of clean water.
(c) The frescoes.
14. What do Margot and the abbess discuss concerning nuns?
(a) The reason for wearing habits.
(b) God and vows.
(c) Leaving the convent.
15. What does Margot remember about Señor Bruni?
(a) He often bought her ice cream when he visited New York.
(b) He was her mother's lover.
(c) He often bought her ice cream when he visited Denver.
(d) Not much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margot learn one day when she returns to the convent after one of her forays?
2. Who does Margot tell Postiglione came up with the drying process?
3. What does Margot think of the next morning as she is walking?
4. Where does Margot find Alessandro?
5. What does Margot think she and the sisters will need in the library?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)