|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the United States does Margot Harrington live?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
2. What happens to the taxi in which Margot is riding?
(a) Its radiator boils over.
(b) It gets a flat tire.
(c) The driver crashes it into a car in front of him.
3. What does Madre Badessa ask Margot to do?
(a) Consider becoming a nun.
(b) Value a book.
(c) Leave the convent.
(d) Talk with a priest about a book.
4. Where does Margot finally disembark for good?
5. Who does Margot tell Postiglione came up with the drying process?
(a) Professor Chapin.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) No one; they have not yet solved the problem.
6. Where does Margot decide to stay?
(a) With an old friend.
(b) In a boarding house.
(c) At the YWCA.
(d) In a hotel chain.
7. Who introduces herself to Margot as she is exploring?
(a) The museum procurer.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Abbess.
(d) The museum curator.
8. What does the abbess in response to Margot's reply to the challenge?
(a) That women become nuns for hundreds of reasons.
(b) She has no idea why God would want some women to become nuns.
(c) That a book is evil only if in the wrong hands.
(d) That obedience is the most difficult vow to keep.
9. What do Margot and the person who introduces herself to Margot discuss?
(a) The city's need for more tourism.
(b) The convent library.
(c) The difficulty of buying well-known artifacts.
(d) The difficulty of authenticating some of the paintings.
10. Who are the Mud Angels?
(a) People who search the mud for valuables to sell.
(b) The dark-skinned children in the playground.
(c) What Margot calls young children making mud pies outside her flat.
(d) Young people helping with the flood.
11. What do Margot and the abbess discuss concerning nuns?
(a) The reason for wearing habits.
(b) God and vows.
(c) Leaving the convent.
12. Where does Margot stay?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) Her out-of-twon friend's flat.
(c) Pension Medici.
(d) Pension Grazi.
13. What do the nuns show Margot?
(a) Some catacombs under the sacristy.
(b) How they can manage without help.
(c) A secret compartment.
(d) Some statues.
14. Who is Margeaux?
(a) Margot's alter ego.
(b) Margot's mother's name.
(c) The name Margot calls her twin who was born first and dies before Margot is born.
(d) Margot's aunt after whom Margot is named.
15. What does Margot want to see?
(a) The abbess to ask her about the convent.
(b) Where they keep the oldest of the convent's books.
(c) A book the postulants keep overnight.
(d) The head of the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been discovered in the library?
2. What is Margot drawn to when she is exploring because they are done by a woman named Lucia?
3. Whose actions are not as impressive as his talk?
4. What challenge does the abbess have with the bishop?
5. What poem does Margot remember as she realizes she has been left stranded?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)