|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Margot's mother ecstatic after Margot's visit to Villa I Tatti?
(a) Margot is accepted into Harvard.
(b) Margot becomes engaged.
(c) Margot becomes pregnant.
(d) Margot is accepted into Oxford.
2. Why is Margot flying to Italy?
(a) To meet her father.
(b) To write her dissertation about Botticelli.
(c) To help repair old books.
(d) To meet her fiance and live in Venice for a month.
3. What advice from Alessandro did the monastery disregard?
(a) Installing a moisture barrier.
(b) Installing a sump pump.
(c) Moving the frescoes to a museum.
4. Why does Margot visit Villa I Tatti?
(a) To study the ruins.
(b) To meet her father.
(c) For an interview.
(d) To meet a lover.
5. How have the bookshelves been damaged?
(a) They are not damaged.
(b) They have warped.
(c) They have bent under the weight of books.
(d) They have swelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen when Margot goes to Italy?
2. What does Margot do while riding the train?
3. About what does Margot inadvertently learn while the train is traveling through France?
4. What does the professor ask Margot a few days later in a taxi?
5. For what does Margot listen during brief moments of silence?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)