|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice from Alessandro did the monastery disregard?
(b) Moving the frescoes to a museum.
(c) Installing a moisture barrier.
(d) Installing a sump pump.
2. What poem does Margot remember as she realizes she has been left stranded?
(a) "The Road not Taken."
(b) "A Brook in the City."
(c) "A Dream Pang."
(d) "A Time to Talk."
3. About what does the abbess challenge Margot?
(a) To think about why one becomes a nun.
(b) To value a book even though it is evil.
(c) To think about why God would want some women to become nuns.
(d) To say which vow is the most difficult to keep.
4. Why is Margot flying to Italy?
(a) To meet her fiance and live in Venice for a month.
(b) To meet her father.
(c) To help repair old books.
(d) To write her dissertation about Botticelli.
5. Who does Margot tell Postiglione came up with the drying process?
(a) No one; they have not yet solved the problem.
(b) Professor Chapin.
(d) A taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margeaux?
2. For what does Margot listen during brief moments of silence?
3. What changed Margot's life shortly after going to Villa I Tatti?
4. What happens to the taxi in which Margot is riding?
5. On what day does Professor Chapin leave Margot stranded?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)