• Margot Harrington flies to Italy to help repair old books that are damaged when the Arno River flooded.
• Flashing back in time mentally, Margot remembers when she was almost in college, felt free, and had her life planned out. Life did not go as she had planned.
• Slipping back and forth from past memories to current travels, Margot looks deeply into the world around her.
• Margot is mistaken for a French women on a train in France and two American women speak intimately and freely in front of her thinking she cannot understand them.
• Though the women are initially upset when they learn she is American and heard their conversation, the three women bond during the rest of the train ride.
• Once in Florence, Margot takes a taxi to a boarding house near the city center, first waiting for the taxi driver to change a flat...
This section contains 1,934 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)