|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
2. At what family's home did the Tudor court stay in September, 1535?
3. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
4. Where was Princess Elizabeth's household established?
5. Whose plan was it to accuse Anne Boleyn of adultery and treason?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
2. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
3. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
4. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
5. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
6. How did Queen Katherine spend her last hours?
7. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
8. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
9. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
10. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does King Henry VIII change throughout the course of his reign? Think about this in terms of the physical, religious, social, political, and emotional. Use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
What is/are the major purpose(s) of Weir's text? How is this biography different from others previously written? What did she set out to accomplish? Did she succeed? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Henry VIII's wives and discuss the meaning and appropriateness of her personal motto (i.e., Anne Boleyn's was "Happiest of Women"). Did it actually describe her temperament? Her reign as Queen? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,446 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)