|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was executed at the Tower of London on July 28, 1540?
2. Which of these men was not executed for treason at the Tower of London?
3. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
4. What gift did King Henry VIII present to Anne Boleyn in August, 1533?
5. Which of these men arrested in conjunction with Queen Anne's alleged crimes was arrested, but never charged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
2. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
3. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
4. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
5. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
6. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
7. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
8. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
9. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
10. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religious conflict is one of the major themes that runs throughout this text. Please discuss the effects this conflict had on the wives of Henry VIII, including their public reception and the ways in which they were used, before and after their marriages, by those around the King to promote one side of the conflict.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-planned essay, compare and contrast two of the wives of King Henry VIII in terms of background, suitability for queenship, relationship with the King, personality, effect on the Kingdom, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Reformation affected the reign of Henry VIII and his marriages. For instance, how did the movement for Church Reform become helpful to the King, both to encourage his marriages and hasten his divorces? Did the movement cause conflict in any of his marriages? Did it cause trouble for any of his wives?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)