|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were King Henry VIII and Katherine Howard married?
2. With whom did Katherine Howard have a pre-contract before she married the King?
3. What condition does Weir speculate that Anne Boleyn may have had that caused her three miscarriages?
4. Which of these was not a reason that Thomas Cranmer visited Queen Anne at the Tower?
5. Who died on December 21, 1536?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
2. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
3. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
4. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
5. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
6. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
7. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
8. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
9. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
10. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Religious conflict is one of the major themes that runs throughout this text. Please discuss the effects this conflict had on the wives of Henry VIII, including their public reception and the ways in which they were used, before and after their marriages, by those around the King to promote one side of the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
In a well-thought-out essay, discuss the use of foreshadowing in "The Six Wives of Henry VIII." Consider the ways in which one person's fate seems to foretell another's, etc.
This section contains 1,577 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)