|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day was Anne Boleyn executed?
2. Who went mad in the Tower of London?
3. To whom did Queen Anne entrust the care of her daughter, Elizabeth, in the event that something should happen to her?
4. Which of these abbeys was not closed in the spring of 1540?
5. On what day did King Henry VIII first meet Anne of Cleves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
2. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
3. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
4. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
5. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
6. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
7. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
8. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
9. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
10. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Henry VIII's wives and discuss the meaning and appropriateness of her personal motto (i.e., Anne Boleyn's was "Happiest of Women"). Did it actually describe her temperament? Her reign as Queen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did international politics play a part in Henry VIII's marriages? Use at least three examples, thinking about the overall picture of Europe in the sixteenth-seventeenth centuries.
Essay Topic 3
Religious conflict is one of the major themes that runs throughout this text. Please discuss the effects this conflict had on the wives of Henry VIII, including their public reception and the ways in which they were used, before and after their marriages, by those around the King to promote one side of the conflict.
This section contains 1,476 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)