|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Anne of Cleves buried?
2. What controversial legislative act was passed in March, 1534?
3. Which of these men was not one assisted by Anne Boleyn?
4. Which of these men arrested in conjunction with Queen Anne's alleged crimes was arrested, but never charged?
5. To whom did Queen Katherine write a love letter that was discovered by the Privy Council?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
2. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
3. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
4. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
5. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
6. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
7. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
8. How did the birth of Princess Elizabeth affect the Princess Mary?
9. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
10. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a coherent essay, discuss the merits of the justice meted out to Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, and Katherine Howard. Was it actually justice? In whose eyes? How were the cases similar? Different? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is/are the major purpose(s) of Weir's text? How is this biography different from others previously written? What did she set out to accomplish? Did she succeed? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use novelistic techniques (suspense, narrative arc, subplots, thematic considerations, etc.) to turn history into a story? Be specific.
This section contains 1,441 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)