|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did King Henry VIII suspect Katherine was suffering from?
2. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
3. Which of Anne's accused lovers was a musician?
4. With whom was Katherine Parr discussing marriage when the King sent him abroad?
5. What color did King Henry VIII wear to mourn Queen Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
2. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
3. How did the birth of Princess Elizabeth affect the Princess Mary?
4. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
5. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
6. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
7. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
8. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
9. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
10. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Henry VIII's concern for the succession of the Crown determine how he lived his life? Think about what the succession was, why it was so important to the King and the dynasty, and how others as well as he himself encouraged the King to pursue its security.
Essay Topic 2
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use novelistic techniques (suspense, narrative arc, subplots, thematic considerations, etc.) to turn history into a story? Be specific.
This section contains 1,363 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)