|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were King Henry VIII and Katherine Howard married?
2. What was the rebellion of autumn, 1536 known as?
3. Of what did Jane Seymour die?
4. What color did King Henry VIII wear to mourn Queen Jane?
5. What title was given to Thomas Cromwell in January, 1535?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
2. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
3. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
4. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
5. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
6. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
7. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
8. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
9. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
10. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do King Henry VIII's marriages affect the lives of his children? Think about each child and each marriage and whether they were treated well or poorly, and why.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did international politics play a part in Henry VIII's marriages? Use at least three examples, thinking about the overall picture of Europe in the sixteenth-seventeenth centuries.
Essay Topic 3
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)