|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these men was not executed for treason at the Tower of London?
2. Who expressed sorrow to the King after hearing of Anne's arrest?
3. What was the "Valor Ecclesiasticus"?
4. To whom did Queen Anne entrust the care of her daughter, Elizabeth, in the event that something should happen to her?
5. Which of these attendants to Queen Katherine was not accused of abetting her adultery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use novelistic techniques (suspense, narrative arc, subplots, thematic considerations, etc.) to turn history into a story? Be specific.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)