|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the King and Queen planning to visit in May, 1536?
2. With whom was Katherine Parr discussing marriage when the King sent him abroad?
3. Who reversed the Act of Attainder against Katherine Howard?
4. Which of Anne's accused lovers was a musician?
5. With whom did King Henry VIII begin an affair in September, 1535?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
2. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
3. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
4. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
5. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
6. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
7. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
8. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
9. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
10. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples, discuss how Weir creates fact-based but fully-developed, human descriptions of the people in the story of King Henry VIII. What about her descriptions helps these people come alive?
Essay Topic 3
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
This section contains 1,608 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)