|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne give Henry for Christmas in 1533?
2. What title was given to Thomas Cromwell in January, 1535?
3. What color did King Henry VIII wear to mourn Queen Jane?
4. Who became Lord Chancellor in April, 1544?
5. Which of Anne's accused lovers was a musician?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
2. How did Queen Katherine spend her last hours?
3. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
4. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
5. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
6. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
7. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
8. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
9. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
10. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Henry VIII's concern for the succession of the Crown determine how he lived his life? Think about what the succession was, why it was so important to the King and the dynasty, and how others as well as he himself encouraged the King to pursue its security.
Essay Topic 2
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did international politics play a part in Henry VIII's marriages? Use at least three examples, thinking about the overall picture of Europe in the sixteenth-seventeenth centuries.
This section contains 1,512 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)