|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
2. Which of these men was not one assisted by Anne Boleyn?
3. Who became Lord Chancellor in April, 1544?
4. On what did King Henry VIII have a reference engraved to his rose without a thorn?
5. Which of these attendants to Queen Katherine was not accused of abetting her adultery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
2. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
3. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
4. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
5. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
6. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
7. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
8. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
9. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
10. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the people from this biography and discuss how their own absolute certainty caused their downfall.
Essay Topic 2
In a coherent essay, discuss the merits of the justice meted out to Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, and Katherine Howard. Was it actually justice? In whose eyes? How were the cases similar? Different? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Religious conflict is one of the major themes that runs throughout this text. Please discuss the effects this conflict had on the wives of Henry VIII, including their public reception and the ways in which they were used, before and after their marriages, by those around the King to promote one side of the conflict.
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)