|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many heretics were burned in England during the reign of Anne Boleyn?
2. Who reversed the Act of Attainder against Katherine Howard?
3. Which of these men was not one assisted by Anne Boleyn?
4. What did King Henry VIII do daily to divert his attention from his marital troubles?
5. Where were the King and Queen planning to visit in May, 1536?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
2. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
3. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
4. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
5. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
6. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
7. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
8. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
9. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
10. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did international politics play a part in Henry VIII's marriages? Use at least three examples, thinking about the overall picture of Europe in the sixteenth-seventeenth centuries.
Essay Topic 2
How did Henry VIII's concern for the succession of the Crown determine how he lived his life? Think about what the succession was, why it was so important to the King and the dynasty, and how others as well as he himself encouraged the King to pursue its security.
Essay Topic 3
What is/are the major purpose(s) of Weir's text? How is this biography different from others previously written? What did she set out to accomplish? Did she succeed? Support your answer.
This section contains 1,374 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)