|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Katherine Parr die?
2. Who did King Henry VIII begin courting in April, 1540?
3. Who reversed the Act of Attainder against Katherine Howard?
4. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
5. With whom was Katherine Parr discussing marriage when the King sent him abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
2. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
3. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
4. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
5. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
6. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
7. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
8. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
9. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
10. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the Reformation affected the reign of Henry VIII and his marriages. For instance, how did the movement for Church Reform become helpful to the King, both to encourage his marriages and hasten his divorces? Did the movement cause conflict in any of his marriages? Did it cause trouble for any of his wives?
Essay Topic 2
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Henry VIII's wives and discuss the meaning and appropriateness of her personal motto (i.e., Anne Boleyn's was "Happiest of Women"). Did it actually describe her temperament? Her reign as Queen? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)