|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
2. Which of these abbeys was not closed in the spring of 1540?
3. With whom did Anne Boleyn become estranged in the autumn of 1534?
4. On what day did King Henry VIII first meet Anne of Cleves?
5. What was the "Valor Ecclesiasticus"?
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples, discuss how Weir creates fact-based but fully-developed, human descriptions of the people in the story of King Henry VIII. What about her descriptions helps these people come alive?
Essay Topic 2
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use novelistic techniques (suspense, narrative arc, subplots, thematic considerations, etc.) to turn history into a story? Be specific.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)