|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Katherine of Aragon moved to in July, 1533?
2. To whom did Katherine of Aragon dictate a letter the night before she died?
3. On what day did King Henry VIII first meet Anne of Cleves?
4. What illness did King Henry VIII suspect Katherine was suffering from?
5. What was the "Valor Ecclesiasticus"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the birth of Princess Elizabeth affect the Princess Mary?
2. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
3. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
4. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
5. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
6. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
7. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
8. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
9. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
10. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Please discuss how the Renaissance affected the events of the reign of Henry VIII and his wives. For instance, Erasmus and humanism were an enormous part of the Renaissance. What was humanism and how did that philosophy play out in court? What other major components of the Renaissance made an impact on the lives of English royalty?
This section contains 1,365 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)