|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these ladies was not considered as a possible fourth bride for King Henry VIII?
2. Of what did Jane Seymour die?
3. What condition does Weir speculate that Anne Boleyn may have had that caused her three miscarriages?
4. What bird became Jane Seymour's personal emblem?
5. Who was sent to move Queen Katherine to Fotheringhay Castle in December, 1533?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 3
Religious conflict is one of the major themes that runs throughout this text. Please discuss the effects this conflict had on the wives of Henry VIII, including their public reception and the ways in which they were used, before and after their marriages, by those around the King to promote one side of the conflict.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)