|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thomas Seymour first determine to marry after his return to England?
2. What color did King Henry VIII wear the day of Anne Boleyn's execution?
3. What did Anne give Henry for Christmas in 1533?
4. Which of these men was not one assisted by Anne Boleyn?
5. Who became the King's mistress in February, 1535?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Queen Katherine spend her last hours?
2. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
3. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
4. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
5. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
6. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
7. Describe the journey of Queen Anne from Greenwich to the Tower of London.
8. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
9. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
10. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did international politics play a part in Henry VIII's marriages? Use at least three examples, thinking about the overall picture of Europe in the sixteenth-seventeenth centuries.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples, discuss how Weir creates fact-based but fully-developed, human descriptions of the people in the story of King Henry VIII. What about her descriptions helps these people come alive?
Essay Topic 3
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)