|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event did Queen Anne and King Henry VIII last see one another?
2. Who did Thomas Seymour first determine to marry after his return to England?
3. Who died on October 8, 1541?
4. Where was Queen Anne lodged when she first arrived at the Tower of London?
5. What title was given to Thomas Cromwell in January, 1535?
Essay Topic 1
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
What is/are the major purpose(s) of Weir's text? How is this biography different from others previously written? What did she set out to accomplish? Did she succeed? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Reformation affected the reign of Henry VIII and his marriages. For instance, how did the movement for Church Reform become helpful to the King, both to encourage his marriages and hasten his divorces? Did the movement cause conflict in any of his marriages? Did it cause trouble for any of his wives?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)