|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Queen Anne lodged when she first arrived at the Tower of London?
2. With which wife did King Henry VIII choose to be buried?
3. Which of these attendants to Queen Katherine was not accused of abetting her adultery?
4. What controversial legislative act was passed in March, 1534?
5. Where did King Henry VIII develop a wound that never healed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
2. How did Queen Katherine spend her last hours?
3. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
4. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
5. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
6. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
7. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
8. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
9. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
10. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a well-thought-out essay, discuss the use of foreshadowing in "The Six Wives of Henry VIII." Consider the ways in which one person's fate seems to foretell another's, etc.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-planned essay, compare and contrast two of the wives of King Henry VIII in terms of background, suitability for queenship, relationship with the King, personality, effect on the Kingdom, etc.
Essay Topic 3
What were the major differences between the Roman Catholic Church and the newly created Church of England? How did those differences play out during the reign of King Henry VIII? Why did they cause such controversy?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)