|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Anne's accused lovers confessed?
2. What was the title of Katherine's treatise on Christian behavior?
3. Of what did Katherine Parr die?
4. What condition does Weir speculate that Anne Boleyn may have had that caused her three miscarriages?
5. With whom did Katherine Howard have a pre-contract before she married the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
2. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
3. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
4. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
5. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
6. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
7. How did the birth of Princess Elizabeth affect the Princess Mary?
8. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
9. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
10. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a coherent essay, discuss the merits of the justice meted out to Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, and Katherine Howard. Was it actually justice? In whose eyes? How were the cases similar? Different? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How do King Henry VIII's marriages affect the lives of his children? Think about each child and each marriage and whether they were treated well or poorly, and why.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does King Henry VIII change throughout the course of his reign? Think about this in terms of the physical, religious, social, political, and emotional. Use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 1,513 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)