|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial legislative act was passed in March, 1534?
2. Who was executed for treason on March 20, 1549?
3. Who did King Henry VIII begin courting in April, 1540?
4. What did Katherine of Aragon refuse to surrender to Anne Boleyn?
5. Which of Anne's accused lovers confessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
2. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
3. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
4. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
5. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
6. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
7. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
8. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
9. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
10. How did the birth of Princess Elizabeth affect the Princess Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-thought-out essay, discuss the use of foreshadowing in "The Six Wives of Henry VIII." Consider the ways in which one person's fate seems to foretell another's, etc.
Essay Topic 3
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)