|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
2. What was the "Valor Ecclesiasticus"?
3. How many husbands did Katherine Parr have before King Henry VIII?
4. Who was executed at the Tower of London on July 28, 1540?
5. What controversial legislative act was passed in March, 1534?
Short Essay Questions
1. What urgent matter diverted the Privy Council's attention from the executions of Francis Dereham and Thomas Culpeper in December, 1541?
2. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
3. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
4. How did the birth of Princess Elizabeth affect the Princess Mary?
5. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
6. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
7. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
8. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
9. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
10. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-planned essay, compare and contrast two of the wives of King Henry VIII in terms of background, suitability for queenship, relationship with the King, personality, effect on the Kingdom, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Reformation affected the reign of Henry VIII and his marriages. For instance, how did the movement for Church Reform become helpful to the King, both to encourage his marriages and hasten his divorces? Did the movement cause conflict in any of his marriages? Did it cause trouble for any of his wives?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)