|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died on December 21, 1536?
2. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
3. Who was sent to move Queen Katherine to Fotheringhay Castle in December, 1533?
4. Who reversed the Act of Attainder against Katherine Howard?
5. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anne Boleyn accept her sentence of death?
2. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
3. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
4. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
5. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
6. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
7. Why did Emperor Charles V and the imperialists support the idea of a royal divorce between King Henry VIII and Queen Anne?
8. How was the birth of Prince Edward celebrated?
9. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
10. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a well-thought-out essay, discuss the use of foreshadowing in "The Six Wives of Henry VIII." Consider the ways in which one person's fate seems to foretell another's, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What is/are the major purpose(s) of Weir's text? How is this biography different from others previously written? What did she set out to accomplish? Did she succeed? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does King Henry VIII change throughout the course of his reign? Think about this in terms of the physical, religious, social, political, and emotional. Use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 1,560 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)