|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reversed the Act of Attainder against Katherine Howard?
2. Which of these abbeys was not closed in the spring of 1540?
3. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
4. Which of Anne's accused lovers was a musician?
5. Who was executed at the Tower of London on July 28, 1540?
Short Essay Questions
1. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
2. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
3. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
4. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
5. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
6. How did Queen Katherine spend her last hours?
7. How was Princess Mary reconciled with her father, King Henry VIII?
8. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
9. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
10. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a well-thought-out essay, discuss the use of foreshadowing in "The Six Wives of Henry VIII." Consider the ways in which one person's fate seems to foretell another's, etc.
Essay Topic 2
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does King Henry VIII change throughout the course of his reign? Think about this in terms of the physical, religious, social, political, and emotional. Use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 1,468 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)