|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Katherine of Aragon when her marital future was decided?
2. On what story was the first pageant staged in the Tudor court based?
3. Whose family chaplain did Thomas Cranmer become?
4. For what position did Anne Boleyn recommend Dame Eleanor Carey?
5. Who suggested a new solution to the King's marital quagmire in September, 1529?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Katherine's main point of contention with the legatine court?
2. What was the relationship between King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn like between 1529-1531?
3. How was Princess Mary affected by the King's determination to annul his marriage to her mother?
4. How did Queen Isabella's death affect her daughter, Katherine of Aragon, politically?
5. Why was King Henry VII so eager to marry his eldest son to one of Spain's princesses?
6. What were the objections foreseen by Ferdinand of Aragon to his daughter, Katherine, marrying Prince Henry?
7. How did King Henry VIII react to an outbreak of the plague in the summer of 1528?
8. What was the custom for a queen who was about to give birth?
9. Describe the state of women's rights during the Tudor period.
10. Describe Katherine of Aragon's journey from her home in Spain to England.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does King Henry VIII change throughout the course of his reign? Think about this in terms of the physical, religious, social, political, and emotional. Use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Please discuss how the Renaissance affected the events of the reign of Henry VIII and his wives. For instance, Erasmus and humanism were an enormous part of the Renaissance. What was humanism and how did that philosophy play out in court? What other major components of the Renaissance made an impact on the lives of English royalty?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)