|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the last time recorded of Henry and Katherine sharing a bed?
2. In what language did Prince Arthur converse with his bride-to-be?
3. On what part of her body did Anne Boleyn have a small deformity?
4. Who denied in court that he had signed a document the King claimed had been signed by every Bishop in the country?
5. What wifely chore was Anne Boleyn furious to discover that King Henry VIII was giving to Queen Katherine instead of herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of King Henry VIII.
2. How was Princess Mary affected by the King's determination to annul his marriage to her mother?
3. Why was the Pope involved in Katherine of Aragon's betrothal to Prince Henry?
4. What was the relationship between King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn like between 1529-1531?
5. What were the two main factors that converged in 1527 to spur King Henry VIII to action regarding the dissolution of his marriage to Katherine of Aragon?
6. Why did King Henry VII deliberately delay making a decision about whether or not Katherine of Aragon should accompany her husband to Ludlow?
7. What is the tradition of courtly love?
8. Describe the Princess Mary's childhood.
9. From where did Weir get the information she used to write "The Six Wives of Henry VIII"?
10. Why was King Henry VII so eager to marry his eldest son to one of Spain's princesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the major differences between the Roman Catholic Church and the newly created Church of England? How did those differences play out during the reign of King Henry VIII? Why did they cause such controversy?
Essay Topic 2
What was the purpose of marriage in the 1500s, and how did Henry VIII make use of it? Please use three examples.
Essay Topic 3
What was the state of women's lives in Tudor England? What kind of power did they have? What choices? Please use three examples.
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)