|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Henry VIII's treatise?
2. How many babies were born to Queen Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon?
3. What book did Anne Boleyn read that King Henry VIII insisted stay on the list of banned books?
4. To whom did Anne become secretly engaged in 1523?
5. Who died at the Tower of London in February, 1503?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where did Weir get the information she used to write "The Six Wives of Henry VIII"?
2. What were the objections foreseen by Ferdinand of Aragon to his daughter, Katherine, marrying Prince Henry?
3. How did Henry VIII earn the title "Fidei Defensor"?
4. What caused Anne Boleyn's enmity for Cardinal Wolsey?
5. Describe the state of women's rights during the Tudor period.
6. Describe the appearance of Anne Boleyn.
7. What are the different portraits painted of Anne Boleyn by her biographers?
8. Describe Katherine of Aragon's journey from her home in Spain to England.
9. What was the public's opinion of Anne Boleyn?
10. Why was the court closed during Christmas, 1517?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
King Henry VIII had several powerful advisers that rose to power at someone else's expense and then fell just as quickly. Please choose one of these advisers and discuss how his eminence affected and was affected by Henry VIII's wife at the time.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the people from this biography and discuss how their own absolute certainty caused their downfall.
Essay Topic 3
What is/are the major purpose(s) of Weir's text? How is this biography different from others previously written? What did she set out to accomplish? Did she succeed? Support your answer.
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)