|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event occurred on June 1, 1533?
(a) The wedding of King Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn.
(b) The official annulment of King Henry VIII's marriage to Katherine of Aragon.
(c) The coronation of Anne Boleyn.
(d) The birth of Princess Elizabeth.
2. What did Katherine of Aragon refuse to surrender to Anne Boleyn?
(a) A gold collar.
(b) The Crown Jewels.
(c) Her crown.
(d) A christening gown.
3. What color did King Henry VIII wear to mourn Queen Jane?
4. At what event did Queen Anne and King Henry VIII last see one another?
(a) A jousting tournament.
(b) Her trial.
(c) Easter church services.
(d) A ball given for May Day.
5. Who did King Henry VIII begin courting in April, 1540?
(a) Anne of Cleves.
(b) Katherine Howard.
(c) Anne Basset.
(d) Winifred, Lady Edgecombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did King Henry VIII wear the day of Anne Boleyn's execution?
2. Which of these women was not part of Katherine Parr and Thomas Seymour's household?
3. What gift did King Henry VIII present to Anne Boleyn in August, 1533?
4. Which of these abbeys was not closed in the spring of 1540?
5. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
2. How did Katherine of Aragon react to the news of the Archbishop's judgments against her?
3. What important events occurred in the Vatican in the winter and spring of 1534?
4. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
5. Describe the coronation ceremony of Anne Boleyn.
6. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
7. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
8. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
9. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
10. What aroused Katherine Parr's suspicions of her husband, Thomas Seymour?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)