|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these men was not one assisted by Anne Boleyn?
(a) Nicholas Bourbon.
(b) Reginald Pole.
(c) Henry Carey.
(d) Thomas Winter.
2. On what did King Henry VIII have a reference engraved to his rose without a thorn?
(a) A gold medal.
(b) A silver loving cup.
(c) His suit of armor.
(d) His sword.
3. Which of these abbeys was not closed in the spring of 1540?
4. On what day was Anne Boleyn executed?
(a) May 19, 1536.
(b) May 18, 1536.
(c) May 17, 1536.
(d) May 20, 1536.
5. With whom was Katherine Parr discussing marriage when the King sent him abroad?
(a) Sir Anthony Denny.
(b) Sir Thomas Seymour.
(c) Sir John Throckmorton.
(d) John Dudley, Lord Lisle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Anne Boleyn become estranged in the autumn of 1534?
2. Where were King Henry VIII and Katherine Howard married?
3. Who was behind a plot to replace Queen Katherine in late 1546?
4. Who did Thomas Seymour first determine to marry after his return to England?
5. Which of these women was not part of Katherine Parr and Thomas Seymour's household?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
2. How was Queen Katherine mourned?
3. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
4. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
5. What kinds of charity did Queen Anne perform?
6. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
7. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
8. How did Katherine Howard react to the Bill of Attainder against her?
9. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
10. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
This section contains 1,396 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)