|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Anne's accused lovers confessed?
(a) Lord Rochford.
(b) William Brereton.
(c) Sir Henry Norris.
(d) Mark Smeaton.
2. What condition does Weir speculate that Anne Boleyn may have had that caused her three miscarriages?
3. Who was behind a plot to replace Queen Katherine in late 1546?
(a) Thomas Wriothesley, Earl of Southampton.
(b) Sir Thomas Seymour.
(c) Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Thomas Cranmer, Archbishop of Canterbury.
4. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
(a) Francis Dereham.
(b) Thomas Culpeper.
(c) Lady Rochford.
(d) Henry Madox.
5. Of what did Katherine Parr die?
(c) Puerperal fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these women was not one of Queen Katherine's attendants?
2. Who was sent to move Queen Katherine to Fotheringhay Castle in December, 1533?
3. Where was Queen Anne lodged when she first arrived at the Tower of London?
4. What did King Henry VIII do daily to divert his attention from his marital troubles?
5. To whom did Queen Anne entrust the care of her daughter, Elizabeth, in the event that something should happen to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Queen Katherine involve herself in affairs of state in the spring of 1541?
2. What reasons would Katherine Parr have had for not wanting to marry King Henry VIII?
3. How did Queen Katherine spend her last hours?
4. How did King Henry VIII first meet his fiancee, Anne of Cleves?
5. How was the succession left in King Henry VIII's will?
6. On what grounds was King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves dissolved?
7. What was the order of succession after the death of King Henry VIII?
8. In March, 1536, what incident changed the course of King Henry VIII's affair with Jane Seymour?
9. What happened in 1541 to sour relations between England and Scotland?
10. Why was Cromwell named Vicar General in January, 1535?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)