|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Princess Mary, Henry and Katherine's daughter, betrothed after the dissolution of her first engagement?
(a) The Dauphin of France.
(b) Emperor Charles V.
(c) The Duke of Orleans.
(d) King Francis I.
2. Which of Henry VIII's wives took as her motto, "No other will than his"?
(a) Anne of Cleves.
(b) Katherine Howard.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Katherine of Aragon.
3. Which of Henry VIII's wives was misrepresented to him in a portrait?
(a) Katherine Howard.
(b) Anne of Cleves.
(c) Katherine Parr.
(d) Jane Seymour.
4. Who suggested a new solution to the King's marital quagmire in September, 1529?
(a) Cardinal Wolsey.
(b) Edward Fox.
(c) Thomas Cranmer.
(d) Stephen Gardiner.
5. Who became Henry VIII's sister, Mary's, second husband?
(a) Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk.
(b) Sir Thomas Boleyn, the Viscount Rochford.
(c) King Francis I.
(d) King Louis XII.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was the Princess Mary, Henry and Katherine's daughter, first betrothed?
2. Where were Prince Arthur and Katherine of Aragon married?
3. What wifely chore was Anne Boleyn furious to discover that King Henry VIII was giving to Queen Katherine instead of herself?
4. What was the summit between King Henry VIII and King Francis I called?
5. Which of these languages did King Henry VIII not speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Katherine's main point of contention with the legatine court?
2. Describe the legate Campeggio's first meeting with King Henry VIII.
3. Why was King Henry VII so eager to marry his eldest son to one of Spain's princesses?
4. How did Queen Isabella's death affect her daughter, Katherine of Aragon, politically?
5. Why was the confessor, Fray Diego, so controversial in Katherine of Aragon's household?
6. Why was the court closed during Christmas, 1517?
7. What was the public's opinion of Anne Boleyn?
8. What was the Renaissance Court?
9. How was the King's case left in July, 1529?
10. Describe the Princess Mary's childhood.
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)