|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sent to France with a secret message from King Henry VIII in March, 1533?
(a) George Boleyn.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) Thomas Cromwell.
(d) Stephen Gardiner.
2. How many babies were born to Queen Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon?
3. What book did Anne Boleyn read and share with the King, who approved of it despite its place on the banned list?
(a) "The Obedience of a Christian Man, and how Christian Kings ought to Govern."
(c) "The Supplication of Beggars."
(d) "A Glass of the Truth."
4. Who suggested a new solution to the King's marital quagmire in September, 1529?
(a) Stephen Gardiner.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) Edward Fox.
(d) Cardinal Wolsey.
5. Which of these was not a title bestowed upon Prince Henry before his fifth birthday?
(a) Knight of the Garter.
(b) Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
(c) Duke of York.
(d) Prince of Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these men was not one of Katherine of Aragon's lawyers?
2. On whom did Anne and her family plan to take revenge after she accepted the King's marriage proposal?
3. Which of these people was not a supporter of Queen Katherine?
4. Who was later hailed as the founder of the Protestant religion?
5. Where were Prince Arthur and Katherine of Aragon married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anne Boleyn humiliate Queen Katherine in 1532?
2. How did Anne Boleyn persuade the King of England to propose marriage to her?
3. Describe Katherine of Aragon's journey from her home in Spain to England.
4. Why did Katherine of Aragon appeal to Emperor Charles V for help with her legal issues?
5. How was a marriage executed in Tudor England?
6. What were the wedding celebrations for Katherine of Aragon and Prince Arthur like?
7. How did Queen Isabella's death affect her daughter, Katherine of Aragon, politically?
8. Why was the court closed during Christmas, 1517?
9. Describe the appearance of King Henry VIII.
10. How was King Henry VIII betrayed by his father-in-law?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)