|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these men arrested in conjunction with Queen Anne's alleged crimes was arrested, but never charged?
(a) William Brereton.
(b) Lord Rochford.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Sir Henry Norris.
2. Where were King Henry VIII and Katherine Howard married?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Oatlands Castle.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
3. Which of these women was not part of Katherine Parr and Thomas Seymour's household?
(a) Lady Seymour, Thomas' mother.
(b) Princess Mary.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Princess Elizabeth.
4. To whom did Katherine of Aragon dictate a letter the night before she died?
(a) Her nephew, Charles V.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) The Spanish ambassador, Chapuys.
(d) Her daughter, Mary.
5. Which of these attendants to Queen Katherine was not accused of abetting her adultery?
(a) Margaret Morton.
(b) Mrs. Luffkyn.
(c) Jane Rochford.
(d) Katherine Tylney.
6. Where did King Henry VIII develop a wound that never healed?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His foot.
(d) His shoulder.
7. Who expressed sorrow to the King after hearing of Anne's arrest?
(a) Thomas Cromwell.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Thomas Cranmer.
8. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
(a) Her liver.
(b) Her uterus.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her lung.
9. At what event did Queen Anne and King Henry VIII last see one another?
(a) A ball given for May Day.
(b) Easter church services.
(c) A jousting tournament.
(d) Her trial.
10. In 1541, whose execution was one of the ghastliest atrocities of Henry VIII's reign?
(a) Thomas Abell's.
(b) Edward Powell's.
(c) Margaret Pole's.
(d) Robert Barnes'.
11. Where were the King and Queen planning to visit in May, 1536?
12. What condition does Weir speculate that Anne Boleyn may have had that caused her three miscarriages?
13. On what did King Henry VIII have a reference engraved to his rose without a thorn?
(a) A gold medal.
(b) His suit of armor.
(c) A silver loving cup.
(d) His sword.
14. What did Anne give Henry for Christmas in 1533?
(a) Gold arrows for hunting.
(b) A portrait of the baby Elizabeth.
(c) A silver cup engraved with their initials.
(d) A gold basin with a working fountain.
15. What color did King Henry VIII wear to mourn Queen Jane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Katherine's treatise on Christian behavior?
2. What color did King Henry VIII wear the day of Anne Boleyn's execution?
3. Of what did King Edward VI die?
4. Which of Anne's accused lovers confessed?
5. With which wife did King Henry VIII choose to be buried?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)