|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these was not a formal reason given for the annulment of King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves?
(a) The non-consummation of the marriage.
(b) Anne of Cleves' adultery.
(c) A probable precontract between Anne of Cleves and the Duke of Lorraine.
(d) The King's lack of consent to the marriage.
2. Over what did King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn argue in August, 1533?
(a) His infidelity.
(b) Where their child should be born.
(c) What to name the baby.
(d) Religious reforms.
3. Which of Anne's accused lovers confessed?
(a) Mark Smeaton.
(b) William Brereton.
(c) Lord Rochford.
(d) Sir Henry Norris.
4. To whom did Queen Katherine write a love letter that was discovered by the Privy Council?
(a) John Lascelles.
(b) Thomas Culpeper.
(c) Henry Manox.
(d) Francis Dereham.
5. Which of these was not a reason that Thomas Cranmer visited Queen Anne at the Tower?
(a) To receive her consent to the annulment of her marriage.
(b) To offer spiritual consolation.
(c) To have her sign formal adoption papers for her daughter, Elizabeth.
(d) To administer the Holy Sacrament of Communion.
6. What color did King Henry VIII wear the day of Anne Boleyn's execution?
7. Who was executed for treason on March 20, 1549?
(a) Anne of Cleves.
(b) Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Thomas Seymour, Baron of Sudeley.
(d) Edward Seymour, Lord Protector of England.
8. To whom did Queen Anne entrust the care of her daughter, Elizabeth, in the event that something should happen to her?
(a) Her sister, Mary Boleyn, and her husband, William Stafford.
(b) Her chaplain, Matthew Parker.
(c) Her parents, the Earl of Wiltshire and his wife.
(d) Her husband, King Henry VIII.
9. How many husbands did Katherine Parr have before King Henry VIII?
10. Who did King Henry VIII begin courting in April, 1540?
(a) Anne of Cleves.
(b) Winifred, Lady Edgecombe.
(c) Anne Basset.
(d) Katherine Howard.
11. In 1541, whose execution was one of the ghastliest atrocities of Henry VIII's reign?
(a) Margaret Pole's.
(b) Robert Barnes'.
(c) Edward Powell's.
(d) Thomas Abell's.
12. What illness did King Henry VIII suspect Katherine was suffering from?
13. On what did King Henry VIII have a reference engraved to his rose without a thorn?
(a) His suit of armor.
(b) His sword.
(c) A silver loving cup.
(d) A gold medal.
14. Of what did Katherine Parr die?
(d) Puerperal fever.
15. Where were the King and Queen planning to visit in May, 1536?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katherine of Aragon refuse to surrender to Anne Boleyn?
2. Who went mad in the Tower of London?
3. Which of these women was not one of Queen Katherine's attendants?
4. Who died a full traitor's death on December 10, 1541?
5. With whom did Katherine Howard have a pre-contract before she married the King?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)