|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color did King Henry VIII wear the day of Anne Boleyn's execution?
2. Which of these was not issued from Pope Clement in the summer of 1533?
(a) An official censure of Henry's refusal to follow his decrees.
(b) A statement claiming King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne Boleyn was null and void.
(c) A validation of King Henry VIII's marriage to Katherine of Aragon.
(d) An annulment of the proceedings of the Dunstable court.
3. Where was Princess Elizabeth's household established?
4. Who became the King's mistress in February, 1535?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Madge Shelton.
(c) Anne Gainsford.
(d) Elizabeth Holland.
5. To whom did Katherine of Aragon dictate a letter the night before she died?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) Her nephew, Charles V.
(c) The Spanish ambassador, Chapuys.
(d) Her daughter, Mary.
6. Which of these ladies was not considered as a possible fourth bride for King Henry VIII?
(a) Maria of Spain.
(b) Mary of Guise.
(c) Christina of Denmark, Duchess of Milan.
(d) Princess Margaret of France.
7. Of what did King Edward VI die?
8. Where did King Henry VIII develop a wound that never healed?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
9. With whom did King Henry VIII begin an affair in September, 1535?
(a) Mary Boleyn.
(b) Madge Shelton.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Anne Gainsford.
10. What did Katherine of Aragon refuse to surrender to Anne Boleyn?
(a) Her crown.
(b) The Crown Jewels.
(c) A christening gown.
(d) A gold collar.
11. Where were the King and Queen planning to visit in May, 1536?
12. Which of these men arrested in conjunction with Queen Anne's alleged crimes was arrested, but never charged?
(a) William Brereton.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Lord Rochford.
(d) Sir Henry Norris.
13. At what event did Queen Anne and King Henry VIII last see one another?
(a) A ball given for May Day.
(b) Her trial.
(c) Easter church services.
(d) A jousting tournament.
14. On what internal organ did Katherine of Aragon have a black growth?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her lung.
(c) Her uterus.
(d) Her liver.
15. Who reversed the Act of Attainder against Katherine Howard?
(a) Queen Mary I.
(b) King Edward VI.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) King Henry VIII.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died on December 21, 1536?
2. To whom did Queen Katherine write a love letter that was discovered by the Privy Council?
3. Who was sent to move Queen Katherine to Fotheringhay Castle in December, 1533?
4. What did Anne give Henry for Christmas in 1533?
5. How many heretics were burned in England during the reign of Anne Boleyn?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)