|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these was not a formal reason given for the annulment of King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves?
(a) Anne of Cleves' adultery.
(b) A probable precontract between Anne of Cleves and the Duke of Lorraine.
(c) The King's lack of consent to the marriage.
(d) The non-consummation of the marriage.
2. With whom did King Henry VIII begin an affair in September, 1535?
(a) Mary Boleyn.
(b) Madge Shelton.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Anne Gainsford.
3. Where were King Henry VIII and Katherine Howard married?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Oatlands Castle.
4. Where was Queen Anne lodged when she first arrived at the Tower of London?
(a) The Bloody Tower.
(b) The royal apartments.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) The Bell Tower.
5. What controversial legislative act was passed in March, 1534?
(a) The Act of Attainder.
(b) The Act of Restraint of Appeals.
(c) The Act of Supremacy.
(d) The Act of Succession.
6. Who was sent to move Queen Katherine to Fotheringhay Castle in December, 1533?
(a) The Duke of Suffolk.
(b) The Earl of Wiltshire.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) The Duke of Surrey.
7. On what day was Anne Boleyn executed?
(a) May 18, 1536.
(b) May 20, 1536.
(c) May 19, 1536.
(d) May 17, 1536.
8. Which of these men was not one assisted by Anne Boleyn?
(a) Henry Carey.
(b) Nicholas Bourbon.
(c) Thomas Winter.
(d) Reginald Pole.
9. Of what did King Edward VI die?
10. On what did King Henry VIII have a reference engraved to his rose without a thorn?
(a) His suit of armor.
(b) A gold medal.
(c) A silver loving cup.
(d) His sword.
11. How many husbands did Katherine Parr have before King Henry VIII?
12. Which of these women was not part of Katherine Parr and Thomas Seymour's household?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Lady Seymour, Thomas' mother.
(d) Princess Mary.
13. What was the color of mourning in Spain?
(d) Navy blue.
14. What condition does Weir speculate that Anne Boleyn may have had that caused her three miscarriages?
15. Who died on December 21, 1536?
(a) Sir John Seymour.
(b) Thomas Boleyn, Earl of Wiltshire.
(c) Thomas Cromwell.
(d) Princess Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these men was not executed for treason at the Tower of London?
2. Of what did Katherine Parr die?
3. What bird became Jane Seymour's personal emblem?
4. Whose plan was it to accuse Anne Boleyn of adultery and treason?
5. What title was given to Thomas Cromwell in January, 1535?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)