|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the most recent biography, before Weir's, of Henry VIII's wives written?
2. What title was bestowed upon Thomas Boleyn in 1525?
(a) Viscount Rochford.
(b) Earl of Northumberland.
(c) Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Viscount of Kent.
3. Who became Henry VIII's sister, Mary's, second husband?
(a) Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk.
(b) King Francis I.
(c) King Louis XII.
(d) Sir Thomas Boleyn, the Viscount Rochford.
4. Whose death in November, 1504, radically changed the political landscape of Europe?
(a) Queen Isabella of Castile.
(b) Queen Elizabeth of York.
(c) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(d) King Henry VII.
5. To what leader did Henry VIII marry his sister, Mary Tudor?
(a) King Francis I.
(b) King Louis XII.
(c) Emperor Charles V.
(d) Emperor Maximilian.
6. In what year was the first son of Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon born?
7. Which of Henry VIII's wives took as her motto, "No other will than his"?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Anne of Cleves.
(c) Katherine Howard.
(d) Katherine of Aragon.
8. For what position did Anne Boleyn recommend Dame Eleanor Carey?
(a) Queen Katherine's maid of honor.
(b) Henry FitzRoy's governess.
(c) Queen Isabella's maid of honor.
(d) Abbess of Wilton.
9. Where did Prince Arthur and Katherine of Aragon spend their early married life?
10. For whose execution did Katherine of Aragon always feel somewhat responsible?
(a) Her nephew Miguel.
(b) Perkin Warbeck.
(c) Her sister Isabella.
(d) Edward, Earl of Warwick.
11. Who was King Henry VIII's first known mistress?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Mary Boleyn.
(c) Elizabeth Blount.
(d) Lady Elizabeth FitzWalter.
12. To whom was Wolsey sent to appeal for help for the King in 1527?
(a) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(b) King Francis I.
(c) Pope Clement.
(d) Emperor Charles V.
13. Who wrote a book in Queen Katherine's defense entitled, "Invicta Veritas"?
(a) John Fisher, Bishop of Rochester.
(b) Sir Thomas More.
(c) Cardinal Wolsey.
(d) Thomas Abell.
14. Who suggested a new solution to the King's marital quagmire in September, 1529?
(a) Cardinal Wolsey.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) Stephen Gardiner.
(d) Edward Fox.
15. Which of Henry VIII's wives did not marry him at a relatively advanced age?
(a) Katherine of Aragon.
(b) Katherine Howard.
(c) Katherine Parr.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Henry VIII's treatise?
2. How did King Henry VIII prefer to be addressed?
3. Who was sent to France with a secret message from King Henry VIII in March, 1533?
4. Who took over governing Castile when King Philip died in 1506?
5. What was the primary responsibility of a queen?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)