|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Prince Arthur and Katherine of Aragon married?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
2. Who visited King Henry VII in the spring of 1506?
(a) Pope Julius II.
(b) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(c) Louis XII, King of France.
(d) Queen Juana and King Philip of Castile.
3. Which leader was killed in battle in 1513?
(a) King Ferdinand of Aragon.
(b) King Louis XII.
(c) King James IV.
(d) Emperor Maximilian.
4. Against whom did Parliament present forty-four charges in December, 1529?
(a) Queen Katherine.
(b) George Cavendish.
(c) Cardinal Wolsey.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
5. Who was the bride of Emperor Charles V?
(a) Princess Mary, the King's daughter.
(b) Mary Tudor, the King's sister.
(c) Isabella of Portugal.
(d) Mary Boleyn.
6. To whom was the Princess Mary, Henry and Katherine's daughter, first betrothed?
(a) Emperor Charles V.
(b) The Dauphin of France.
(c) The Duke of Orleans.
(d) King Francis I.
7. Over what kind of game did the King get into an argument with a man he assumed to be a rival for Anne's affection?
(d) Real tennis.
8. To whom did King Henry VIII first go to for help with dissolving his marriage?
(a) King Francis I.
(b) Cardinal Wolsey.
(c) Pope Clement.
(d) Thomas Boleyn.
9. In what province were the Spanish royal children raised?
(c) The Asturias.
10. Who was the new Spanish ambassador to England as of autumn, 1529?
(a) Guitier Gomez de Fuensalida.
(b) Luis Caroz.
(c) Diego Hurtado de Mendoza.
(d) Eustache Chapuys.
11. How old was Katherine of Aragon when her marital future was decided?
12. To whom did Anne become secretly engaged in 1523?
(a) Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Henry Percy.
(c) James Butler.
(d) Henry VIII.
13. In what year was the most recent biography, before Weir's, of Henry VIII's wives written?
14. What book did Anne Boleyn read and share with the King, who approved of it despite its place on the banned list?
(a) "The Supplication of Beggars."
(c) "A Glass of the Truth."
(d) "The Obedience of a Christian Man, and how Christian Kings ought to Govern."
15. Which of these songs did Henry VIII compose for Katherine of Aragon?
(a) "O Lord, the Maker of All Things."
(b) "Adieu Madame et Ma Maistresse."
(c) "Pastime with Good Company."
(d) "Green Groweth the Holly."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was appointed as acting Spanish Ambassador to England in May of 1507?
2. Who did King Henry VII first pursue for his own second marriage?
3. With whom did King Henry VIII suspect Anne was having an affair in 1525-26?
4. To whom was Wolsey sent to appeal for help for the King in 1527?
5. With whom did King Henry VIII share his plans to have his first marriage annulled and marry Anne Boleyn?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)