|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Eltham Ordinances?
(a) A treaty between England and France.
(b) A treatise on marriage.
(c) The documents by which the King laid claim to the throne.
(d) A set of guidelines and rules of etiquette for the court.
2. In what year was the most recent biography, before Weir's, of Henry VIII's wives written?
3. What book did Anne Boleyn read and share with the King, who approved of it despite its place on the banned list?
(a) "The Supplication of Beggars."
(b) "A Glass of the Truth."
(c) "The Obedience of a Christian Man, and how Christian Kings ought to Govern."
4. With whom did King Henry VIII fall passionately in love in 1527?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Katherine of Aragon.
(c) Mary Boleyn.
(d) Isabella of Portugal.
5. Whose account of Queen Katherine's speech at the legatine court is recorded in Weir's book?
(a) Cardinal Wolsey's.
(b) Thomas Howard's.
(c) John Fisher's.
(d) George Cavendish's.
6. Who suggested a new solution to the King's marital quagmire in September, 1529?
(a) Cardinal Wolsey.
(b) Thomas Cranmer.
(c) Edward Fox.
(d) Stephen Gardiner.
7. For what position did Anne Boleyn recommend Dame Eleanor Carey?
(a) Henry FitzRoy's governess.
(b) Queen Katherine's maid of honor.
(c) Queen Isabella's maid of honor.
(d) Abbess of Wilton.
8. When is the last time recorded of Henry and Katherine sharing a bed?
(a) October 1524.
(b) June 1529.
(c) December 1528.
(d) May 1527.
9. What was the summit between King Henry VIII and King Francis I called?
(a) The Golden Summit.
(b) The Field of Cloth of Gold.
(c) The Golden Field.
(d) Frolics in the Field.
10. What did Charles V do to express his disapproval of King Henry VIII's legatine court hearing?
(a) He declared war on England.
(b) He recalled his ambassador from England.
(c) He came to England personally to stand by Queen Katherine.
(d) He wrote a treatise decrying the whole affair.
11. Whose family chaplain did Thomas Cranmer become?
(a) Thomas Boleyn's.
(b) John Fisher's.
(c) Thomas Howard's.
(d) Stephen Gardiner's.
12. Who died at the Tower of London in February, 1503?
(a) Princess Mary.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Princess Margaret.
(d) The Bishop of London.
13. To whom was Princess Mary, Henry and Katherine's daughter, betrothed after the dissolution of her first engagement?
(a) The Duke of Orleans.
(b) King Francis I.
(c) Emperor Charles V.
(d) The Dauphin of France.
14. Whose death in November, 1504, radically changed the political landscape of Europe?
(a) Queen Isabella of Castile.
(b) Queen Elizabeth of York.
(c) King Henry VII.
(d) Ferdinand of Aragon.
15. On what part of her body did Anne Boleyn have a small deformity?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her ear.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her breast.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did the Tudors exchange holiday gifts?
2. How many babies were born to Queen Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon?
3. Who was the first man to whom Thomas Boleyn proposed to marry Anne?
4. Which of Henry VIII's wives was misrepresented to him in a portrait?
5. To whom did Katherine appeal for help by sending one of her servants?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)