|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, How Many Wives Will He Have?: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the most recent biography, before Weir's, of Henry VIII's wives written?
2. What did Anne give Henry for Christmas in 1533?
(a) Gold arrows for hunting.
(b) A silver cup engraved with their initials.
(c) A portrait of the baby Elizabeth.
(d) A gold basin with a working fountain.
3. How did King Henry VIII prefer to be addressed?
(a) "Your Highness."
(b) "Your Grace."
(c) "Your Majesty."
(d) "Sir King."
4. To whom was the Princess Mary, Henry and Katherine's daughter, first betrothed?
(a) Emperor Charles V.
(b) The Duke of Orleans.
(c) The Dauphin of France.
(d) King Francis I.
5. What member of the monarchy had married for love before Henry VIII?
(a) Henry VII.
(b) Richard II.
(c) Edward IV.
(d) Prince Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name given to the tax that the English people paid to Rome?
2. Who suggested a new solution to the King's marital quagmire in September, 1529?
3. At what time in her life could a woman gain the upper hand?
4. What were the Eltham Ordinances?
5. When did Ferdinand of Aragon have the remainder of Katherine's dowry ready for payment?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)