|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, The 'Great Matter': Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Prince Arthur and Katherine of Aragon spend their early married life?
2. Who was sent to move Queen Katherine to Fotheringhay Castle in December, 1533?
(a) The Duke of Surrey.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) The Duke of Suffolk.
(d) The Earl of Wiltshire.
3. Who was the new Spanish ambassador to England as of autumn, 1529?
(a) Luis Caroz.
(b) Eustache Chapuys.
(c) Guitier Gomez de Fuensalida.
(d) Diego Hurtado de Mendoza.
4. Which of these was not a reason that Thomas Cranmer visited Queen Anne at the Tower?
(a) To offer spiritual consolation.
(b) To administer the Holy Sacrament of Communion.
(c) To have her sign formal adoption papers for her daughter, Elizabeth.
(d) To receive her consent to the annulment of her marriage.
5. To what leader did Henry VIII marry his sister, Mary Tudor?
(a) Emperor Maximilian.
(b) King Louis XII.
(c) Emperor Charles V.
(d) King Francis I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Henry VIII's wives was misrepresented to him in a portrait?
2. Who did King Henry VII first pursue for his own second marriage?
3. What was the summit between King Henry VIII and King Francis I called?
4. In what year were Katherine of Aragon and Arthur, Prince of Wales, formally betrothed?
5. What was the "Valor Ecclesiasticus"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)