|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Katherine of Aragon: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the first son of Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon born?
2. On what story was the first pageant staged in the Tudor court based?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) The Garden of Eden.
(c) Robin Hood.
(d) Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
3. Whose death in November, 1504, radically changed the political landscape of Europe?
(a) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(b) King Henry VII.
(c) Queen Isabella of Castile.
(d) Queen Elizabeth of York.
4. To whom was the Princess Mary, Henry and Katherine's daughter, first betrothed?
(a) The Dauphin of France.
(b) Emperor Charles V.
(c) King Francis I.
(d) The Duke of Orleans.
5. Which of Henry VIII's mistresses was the mother of his son, Henry FitzRoy?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Lady Elizabeth FitzWalter.
(c) Elizabeth (Bessie) Blount.
(d) Mary Boleyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited King Henry VII in the spring of 1506?
2. Who did King Henry VII first pursue for his own second marriage?
3. Which of Henry VIII's wives did not marry him at a relatively advanced age?
4. At what time in her life could a woman gain the upper hand?
5. What was displayed on King Henry VIII's armor at a joust celebrating the birth of his son?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)