|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, How Many Wives Will He Have?: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cardinal Campeggio suggest Katherine go rather than fight for her marriage?
(a) To see the Pope.
(c) Back to Spain.
(d) A nunnery.
2. What palace was renovated and renamed Whitehall for Anne Boleyn?
(a) Bridewell Palace.
(b) Eltham Palace.
(c) York Place.
(d) Hampton Court.
3. Who did King Henry VIII begin courting in April, 1540?
(a) Katherine Howard.
(b) Anne Basset.
(c) Winifred, Lady Edgecombe.
(d) Anne of Cleves.
4. Which of these was not a formal reason given for the annulment of King Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleves?
(a) The King's lack of consent to the marriage.
(b) Anne of Cleves' adultery.
(c) The non-consummation of the marriage.
(d) A probable precontract between Anne of Cleves and the Duke of Lorraine.
5. When did Ferdinand of Aragon have the remainder of Katherine's dowry ready for payment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what did King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn argue in August, 1533?
2. Which of Henry VIII's wives did not marry him at a relatively advanced age?
3. Who did King Henry VII secretly begin negotiations regarding as a bride for Prince Henry?
4. With whom did Anne Boleyn become estranged in the autumn of 1534?
5. How did King Henry VIII prefer to be addressed?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)