|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Unk falls asleep in the cave, who does Unk dream is waiting for him?
2. What do harmoniums feed on?
3. When the two men land, Unk sees large crystal structures. What does Unk think the large structures are?
4. When Unk wakes from his dream in the cave, he is filled with rage. What does Unk do as a result of his rage?
5. What do Malachi and Beatrice do in the space ship before finally closing the outer door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rumfoord's waves of materialization coincide with?
2. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
3. As Unk's ship lands on Earth, what is the one desire that is driving Unk on?
4. When the crowd of people on Earth gather around the newly landed space ship and ask Unk what his name is and what happened to him, how does Unk respond?
5. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
6. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
7. As Unk looks out the space ship's window, he sees a message. What does the message say?
8. What is the "taste of hell" that the Martian commandos rain down on Earth?
9. How does Unk's space ship finally navigate out of the caves?
10. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The materializations are Rumfoord's method of keeping tabs on the events taking place not only on Earth, but on Mars and Titan as well.
a. Compare and contrast the materializations on Mars and on Earth.
b. Do Rumfoord's roles on each planet affect his materializations?
c. Are his roles on the two planets affected by his materializations?
Essay Topic 2
Unk struggles to regain the memories that have been stolen from him. What made Unk fight to recover his memories? Why were these memories important to him? What function did memory erasure serve in furthering Rumfoord's mission?
Essay Topic 3
Winston's new religion is called "The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent." Explore Winston's early years and how those early years affect his opinions of God. Also, examine Winston's motivations for creating a religion at all? Why does he do this? Be sure to support your answer. Finally, how does Winston try to shape his follower's opinions? Is he successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)