|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Unk and Boaz feel when they realize their ship cannot fly out of the cave on Mercury?
(a) They are thrilled.
(b) They are resigned.
(c) They are devastated.
(d) They are hungry.
2. Who works in the space right next to Bee?
(a) Harry Brackman.
(b) Malachi Constant.
(c) Ransom Fern.
(d) Winston Rumfoord.
3. How many people survive the crash landing of the ship that Bee and Chrono are on?
(a) Bee, Chrono, and three others.
(b) Everyone survives.
(c) Just Bee, Chrono, and the pilot.
(d) Just Bee and Chrono.
4. When Unk falls asleep in the cave, who does Unk dream is waiting for him?
5. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where are the two men actually headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Unk see the message telling him how to get out of the cave?
2. What happens when Salo visits Rumfoord just before Malachi's ship arrives on Titan?
3. Boaz finds a purpose for his life on Mercury. What is it?
4. Why was Salo traveling through the universe?
5. How do harmoniums reproduce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boaz's philosophy on life?
2. What role does Mrs. Lyman Peterson play in the defense of Earth?
3. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
4. Why does Bee agree to be exiled with Malachi?
5. Why do the people crowded around Unk and his space ship cheer at Unk's answer to their question regarding what happened to him?
6. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
7. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
8. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
9. As Malachi climbs the ladder to the space ship and prepares for his upcoming exile on Titan, why is he weeping?
10. As Unk looks out the space ship's window, he sees a message. What does the message say?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)