|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salo kill himself?
(a) Salo ingests the ship's fuel.
(b) Salo drowns himself.
(c) Salo uses Chrono's knife.
(d) Salo dismantles himself.
2. How do harmoniums reproduce?
(a) By laying eggs.
(b) By pollination.
(c) By live birth.
(d) By flaking off pieces that then begin to grow.
3. Who has leased the Rumfoord estate and is now selling tickets to the materializations?
(a) Malachi Constant.
(b) Beatrice Rumfoord.
(c) Ransom K. Fern.
(d) Marlin T. Lapp.
4. As Malachi and Beatrice are landing on Titan, why is Rumfoord ill?
(a) The center of his time-space spiral is about to be blown.
(b) The chrono-synclasticinfundibulum has reached its life expectancy.
(c) Rumfoord has been away from Earth for too long.
(d) The Titan food has upset his stomach.
5. Who is the leader of this new faith?
(a) Winston Rumfoord.
(b) Malachi Constant.
(c) Bee Constant.
(d) Ransom Fern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Winston Rumfoord permanently materialized?
2. How many languages does Salo speak?
3. What happens once every fourteen days on Mercury?
4. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where do the two men think they are headed?
5. What condition is the space ship in when Malachi, Beatrice, and Chrono board to leave earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boaz's philosophy on life?
2. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
3. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
4. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
5. Why do the people crowded around Unk and his space ship cheer at Unk's answer to their question regarding what happened to him?
6. When the space ship finally lands, why does Boaz rush to open the spacecraft's outer door?
7. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
8. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
9. When the crowd of people on Earth gather around the newly landed space ship and ask Unk what his name is and what happened to him, how does Unk respond?
10. What is Boaz and Unk's space ship programmed to do when the ship reaches its destination?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)