|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Beatrice, Malachi, and Chrono arrive on Titan, how many others live on Titan?
2. What do harmoniums feed on?
(c) Engine fumes.
(d) Human flesh.
3. When Salo first meets Malachi, Beatrice, and Chrono on Titan, what does Salo tell them?
(a) That Rumfoord has warned Salo about them.
(b) That Salo killed Rumfoord.
(c) That Rumfoord is dying and wishes to see them.
(d) That Rumfoord's dog is loose.
4. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where do the two men think they are headed?
5. How do harmoniums reproduce?
(a) By live birth.
(b) By pollination.
(c) By flaking off pieces that then begin to grow.
(d) By laying eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens once every fourteen days on Mercury?
2. After the explosion on Mercury, what do Boaz and Unk decide to do?
3. After leaving Mars and flying through space, where does Boaz and Unk's ship land?
4. What does Unk see as he looks out the window of the space ship after they have gotten wedged in the cave?
5. As "A Puzzle Solved" begins, what are Unk and Boaz using the space ship for?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Unk's ship lands on Earth, what is the one desire that is driving Unk on?
2. What is the "taste of hell" that the Martian commandos rain down on Earth?
3. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
4. What is Boaz and Unk's space ship programmed to do when the ship reaches its destination?
5. What do Rumfoord's waves of materialization coincide with?
6. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
7. When the crowd of people on Earth gather around the newly landed space ship and ask Unk what his name is and what happened to him, how does Unk respond?
8. Why do the people crowded around Unk and his space ship cheer at Unk's answer to their question regarding what happened to him?
9. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
10. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)