|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attracts the harmoniums to Boaz?
(a) His door.
(b) His food.
(c) His singing.
(d) His pulse.
2. What do Malachi and Beatrice do in the space ship before finally closing the outer door?
(a) Shoot at Winston.
(b) Wave at the crowd below.
(c) Push the garbage out of the open doorway.
(d) Beg for one more chance.
3. How will the new faith's followers be informed that their expected miracle has occurred?
(a) The Reverend will yell for all to come near.
(b) The Reverend will shine a light into the sky.
(c) The Reverend will ring a bell.
(d) The Reverend will tell the paper.
4. What happens when Salo visits Rumfoord just before Malachi's ship arrives on Titan?
(a) Rumfoord kills Salo.
(b) Rumfoord rejects Salo's offer of friendship.
(c) Rumfoord's dog bites Salo.
(d) Salo kills Rumfoord.
5. How do Unk and Boaz feel when they realize their ship cannot fly out of the cave on Mercury?
(a) They are devastated.
(b) They are thrilled.
(c) They are resigned.
(d) They are hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bee's new occupation?
2. Who is in the nearby church when Unk's space ship lands in "An Age of Miracles"?
3. At the end of the Martian-Earthling war, how many people are left on Mars?
4. As "A Puzzle Solved" begins, what are Unk and Boaz using the space ship for?
5. When Unk sees the crystal structures, he remembers a name. What name does Unk remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the people crowded around Unk and his space ship cheer at Unk's answer to their question regarding what happened to him?
2. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
3. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
4. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
5. Why does Bee agree to be exiled with Malachi?
6. What is the "taste of hell" that the Martian commandos rain down on Earth?
7. How does Unk's space ship finally navigate out of the caves?
8. As Unk's ship lands on Earth, what is the one desire that is driving Unk on?
9. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
10. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)