|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Boaz taken from the space ship to use in his cave home?
(a) A bed.
(b) A tape player.
(c) An outer door.
(d) A place setting.
2. How does Salo kill himself?
(a) Salo drowns himself.
(b) Salo ingests the ship's fuel.
(c) Salo dismantles himself.
(d) Salo uses Chrono's knife.
3. What is Chrono rubbing as he urges Malachi and Beatrice to get the ship launched?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulders.
(c) His good luck piece.
(d) His head.
4. What attracts the harmoniums to Boaz?
(a) His door.
(b) His pulse.
(c) His food.
(d) His singing.
5. As "A Puzzle Solved" begins, how long have Unk and Boaz been living on Mercury?
(a) Twenty-six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Seven weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumfoord reveals Bee's original Earthly identity. Who did Bee used to be?
2. Before Beatrice, Malachi, and Chrono arrive on Titan, how many others live on Titan?
3. Who is the man on Earth who manages the Martian investments?
4. How do harmoniums reproduce?
5. How many languages does Salo speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Malachi climbs the ladder to the space ship and prepares for his upcoming exile on Titan, why is he weeping?
2. How does Tralfamadore communicate with Salo?
3. What role does Mrs. Lyman Peterson play in the defense of Earth?
4. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
5. What makes Bee different from all of the other souvenir sellers that came from Mars?
6. Why does Bee agree to be exiled with Malachi?
7. When the space ship finally lands, why does Boaz rush to open the spacecraft's outer door?
8. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
9. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
10. What is preventing Unk and Boaz from simply flying their space ship to Earth?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)