|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the Martian-Earthling war, how many people are left on Mars?
(b) One thousand people.
(c) One hundred people.
(d) Seven people.
2. Why are Boaz and Unk not killed by the explosion on Mercury?
(a) The air on Mercury is breathable.
(b) They were standing too far away from the blast site.
(c) The ship's outer doors confined all the damage.
(d) The ship's emergency systems restore pressure.
3. After leaving Mars and flying through space, where does Boaz and Unk's ship land?
(a) On Mars.
(b) On Mercury.
(c) On Titan.
(d) On Earth.
4. What will the leader of the faith reveal when the "Space Wanderer" appears?
(a) The purpose of all life.
(b) The wanderer's name.
(c) The future of the faith.
(d) The beginning of the end times.
5. Who is the man on Earth who manages the Martian investments?
(a) Earl Moncrief.
(b) Malachi Constant.
(c) Ransom K. Fern.
(d) Winston Rumfoord.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Unk sees the crystal structures, he remembers a name. What name does Unk remember?
2. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where are the two men actually headed?
3. What happens when Salo visits Rumfoord just before Malachi's ship arrives on Titan?
4. When Unk shares with Boaz that they can finally leave Mercury, Boaz shocks Unk. What does Boaz reveal to Unk?
5. When Unk falls asleep in the cave, who does Unk dream is waiting for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
2. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
3. What role does Mrs. Lyman Peterson play in the defense of Earth?
4. What is the "taste of hell" that the Martian commandos rain down on Earth?
5. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
6. What is preventing Unk and Boaz from simply flying their space ship to Earth?
7. How does Unk's space ship finally navigate out of the caves?
8. How does Tralfamadore communicate with Salo?
9. What is Boaz's philosophy on life?
10. When the crowd of people on Earth gather around the newly landed space ship and ask Unk what his name is and what happened to him, how does Unk respond?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)