|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Salo first meets Malachi, Beatrice, and Chrono on Titan, what does Salo tell them?
(a) That Salo killed Rumfoord.
(b) That Rumfoord has warned Salo about them.
(c) That Rumfoord is dying and wishes to see them.
(d) That Rumfoord's dog is loose.
2. When do Boaz and Unk realize they are not on Earth?
(a) When they see the harmoniums.
(b) When the spacecraft first lands.
(c) When the explosion occurs.
(d) When they see the crystal structures.
3. Who has leased the Rumfoord estate and is now selling tickets to the materializations?
(a) Malachi Constant.
(b) Marlin T. Lapp.
(c) Ransom K. Fern.
(d) Beatrice Rumfoord.
4. What do Malachi and Beatrice do in the space ship before finally closing the outer door?
(a) Wave at the crowd below.
(b) Shoot at Winston.
(c) Beg for one more chance.
(d) Push the garbage out of the open doorway.
5. Who does Rumfoord reintroduce Unk to in front of the crowd assembled at the estate who came to see the Space Wanderer in person?
(a) Unk's former company commander.
(b) Unk's mate and child.
(c) Unk's missing friend.
(d) Unk's first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are, according to Rumfoord, Malachi Constant's three greatest sins?
2. When Unk is on the platform at the estate to the crowd who came to see the Space Wanderer in person, what does Unk notice?
3. Boaz finds a purpose for his life on Mercury. What is it?
4. What does Unk see as he looks out the window of the space ship after they have gotten wedged in the cave?
5. How does Bee react to learning of her exile with Malachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rumfoord's waves of materialization coincide with?
2. What is Boaz and Unk's space ship programmed to do when the ship reaches its destination?
3. What does Rumfoord tell Malachi that his exile will mean to Rumfoord's followers?
4. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
5. How does Tralfamadore communicate with Salo?
6. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
7. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
8. What is Boaz's philosophy on life?
9. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
10. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)