|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bee react to learning of her exile with Malachi?
(a) She is glad to get away from Earth.
(b) She hurls rocks at Rumfoord.
(c) She is glad that Chrono is being exiled too.
(d) She falls to her death as she climbs the ladder.
2. Where does Unk see the message telling him how to get out of the cave?
(a) On the cave's ceiling.
(b) On the cave's wall.
(c) On the cave's floor.
(d) On the ship's side.
3. What attracts the harmoniums to Boaz?
(a) His food.
(b) His door.
(c) His pulse.
(d) His singing.
4. Who is the leader of this new faith?
(a) Bee Constant.
(b) Malachi Constant.
(c) Ransom Fern.
(d) Winston Rumfoord.
5. When do Boaz and Unk realize they are not on Earth?
(a) When they see the crystal structures.
(b) When the spacecraft first lands.
(c) When the explosion occurs.
(d) When they see the harmoniums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mastermind behind the Martian suicide?
2. How many languages does Salo speak?
3. After leaving Mars and flying through space, where does Boaz and Unk's ship land?
4. How do Chrono and Bee escape the Amazon jungle?
5. How do the Earthlings respond to the Martian bombings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
2. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
3. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
4. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
5. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
6. As Unk's ship lands on Earth, what is the one desire that is driving Unk on?
7. What makes Bee different from all of the other souvenir sellers that came from Mars?
8. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
9. What role does Mrs. Lyman Peterson play in the defense of Earth?
10. What is preventing Unk and Boaz from simply flying their space ship to Earth?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)