|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Martian Imperial Commando unit land?
(a) On the Earth's moon.
(b) On Titan.
(c) In the United States.
(d) In Russia.
2. How is the message on the cave wall written?
(b) Glow-in-the-dark ink.
(c) Phosphorescent goo.
(d) Black paint.
3. What do Malachi and Beatrice do in the space ship before finally closing the outer door?
(a) Wave at the crowd below.
(b) Shoot at Winston.
(c) Beg for one more chance.
(d) Push the garbage out of the open doorway.
4. When Unk is on the platform at the estate to the crowd who came to see the Space Wanderer in person, what does Unk notice?
(a) The souvenir sellers outside the estate.
(b) The sky on Earth is blue.
(c) A long ladder leading to a space ship.
(d) Unk's friend, Stony, in the crowd.
5. Why are Boaz and Unk not killed by the explosion on Mercury?
(a) The air on Mercury is breathable.
(b) The ship's emergency systems restore pressure.
(c) The ship's outer doors confined all the damage.
(d) They were standing too far away from the blast site.
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking off from Mercury, where does Unk's space ship land?
2. What happens when Salo goes to meet Malachi, Beatrice, and Chrono after their space ship has landed on Titan?
3. How does Bee react to learning of her exile with Malachi?
4. What happens once every fourteen days on Mercury?
5. When Unk falls asleep in the cave, who does Unk dream is waiting for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rumfoord tell Malachi that his exile will mean to Rumfoord's followers?
2. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
3. As Malachi climbs the ladder to the space ship and prepares for his upcoming exile on Titan, why is he weeping?
4. Why do the harmoniums continue to leave messages in the cave for Unk and Boaz?
5. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
6. What makes Bee different from all of the other souvenir sellers that came from Mars?
7. When the space ship finally lands, why does Boaz rush to open the spacecraft's outer door?
8. When the crowd of people on Earth gather around the newly landed space ship and ask Unk what his name is and what happened to him, how does Unk respond?
9. What is preventing Unk and Boaz from simply flying their space ship to Earth?
10. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)