|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Unk see as he looks out the window of the space ship after they have gotten wedged in the cave?
(a) The letter "B".
(b) The letter "U".
(c) The letter "G".
(d) The letter "T".
2. When Rumfoord finally speaks to the crowd gathered to see the Space Wanderer, what is Rumfoord's sermon about?
(a) The Martian invaders.
(b) Beatrice Rumfoord.
(c) The Space Traveler.
(d) Malachi Constant.
3. When Unk falls asleep in the cave, who does Unk dream is waiting for him?
4. How long has Salo been stranded on Titan?
(a) Nearly half of a century.
(b) Nearly 500,000 years.
(c) Nearly 200 years.
(d) Nearly 200,000 years.
5. What happens once every fourteen days on Mercury?
(a) Boaz breaks down in tears.
(b) Rumfoord materializes.
(c) The harmoniums sing.
(d) The moons are full.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Malachi and Beatrice do in the space ship before finally closing the outer door?
2. Before Beatrice, Malachi, and Chrono arrive on Titan, how many others live on Titan?
3. While Rumfoord and Unk are standing on the platform before the crowd, what information does Rumfoord reveal to Unk?
4. Rumfoord tells Malachi that he must go into exile to pay for his sins. Where is Rumfoord sending Malachi?
5. Where does the Martian Imperial Commando unit land?
Short Essay Questions
1. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
2. What is Boaz and Unk's space ship programmed to do when the ship reaches its destination?
3. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
4. What is the "taste of hell" that the Martian commandos rain down on Earth?
5. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
6. How does Tralfamadore communicate with Salo?
7. Why does Bee agree to be exiled with Malachi?
8. What role does Mrs. Lyman Peterson play in the defense of Earth?
9. What does Rumfoord tell Malachi that his exile will mean to Rumfoord's followers?
10. Why do the people crowded around Unk and his space ship cheer at Unk's answer to their question regarding what happened to him?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)