|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Mars and flying through space, where does Boaz and Unk's ship land?
(a) On Titan.
(b) On Earth.
(c) On Mars.
(d) On Mercury.
2. After Malachi shares his good thing with the crowd, what does Rumfoord tell him?
(a) That Rumfoord killed Stony to punish Malachi.
(b) That Malachi killed Stony on Mars.
(c) That Stony was paid to be Malachi's friend.
(d) That Malachi never had a friend.
3. How do the Earthlings respond to the Martian bombings?
(a) The Earthlings send soldiers to fight the Martians on the moon.
(b) The Earthlings fire thermonuclear devices at the Martian bridgeheads.
(c) The Earthlings surrender.
(d) The Earthlings are frightened, but prepare to fight.
4. Where does Bee and Chrono's ship crash land?
(a) In the Swiss Alps.
(b) In the Amazon jungle.
(c) In New York.
(d) In the Sahara desert.
5. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where are the two men actually headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumfoord tells Malachi that he must go into exile to pay for his sins. Where is Rumfoord sending Malachi?
2. As "A Puzzle Solved" begins, what are Unk and Boaz using the space ship for?
3. What attracts the harmoniums to Boaz?
4. After taking off from Mercury, where does Unk's space ship land?
5. How long does the Martian-Earthling war last?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of his interactions with Winston, what makes Salo unique?
2. What is the "taste of hell" that the Martian commandos rain down on Earth?
3. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
4. Why do the people crowded around Unk and his space ship cheer at Unk's answer to their question regarding what happened to him?
5. What role does Mrs. Lyman Peterson play in the defense of Earth?
6. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
7. What true purpose does the Martian commandos' attack serve?
8. What is Boaz and Unk's space ship programmed to do when the ship reaches its destination?
9. How does Unk's space ship finally navigate out of the caves?
10. What makes Bee different from all of the other souvenir sellers that came from Mars?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)