|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fern, at their meeting at the company headquarters, what does Malachi have yet to realize?
(a) That Malachi's luck has run out.
(b) That Malachi has an emergency slush fund at his disposal.
(c) That Malachi's father had not been a smart man.
(d) That Fern is superior to Malachi.
2. When Unk is cleaning his rifle in the barracks, what does Boaz encourage him to do?
3. What does Boaz think causes the explosion on the street as the unit marches through the city?
(b) Faulty ammunition.
(c) Sewer gas.
(d) An enemy attack.
4. What does Winston reveal to Beatrice about her future life?
(a) That Beatrice will marry Malachi.
(b) That Beatrice will be barren.
(c) That Beatrice will become destitute.
(d) That Beatrice will live on Saturn.
5. Who is the bound man searching the group of soldiers for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Unk's son excel at?
2. Which fellow soldier overhears Unk's mutterings while he is cleaning his rifle in the barracks?
3. Beatrice complains that she no longer wants to be part of the human race. What does Beatrice want to be instead?
4. .Where did Noel get the funds to start his company?
5. Who is Unk's commanding officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name five items that Boaz and Unk's invasion ship is carrying.
2. Why do the children on Mars spend so little time studying?
3. What functions do the antennas in the soldiers' brains serve?
4. How does Beatrice become penniless?
5. According to the hospital, what is the very worst thing that Unk can do?
6. As Unk's unit is marching through Phoebe, why does Unk drop the grenade and leave his unit?
7. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
8. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
9. Who is Martin Koradubian?
10. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)