|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time period do the events in the story take place?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Invasion Years.
(c) The Nightmare Ages.
(d) The Great Depression.
2. Since witnessing the last materialization, what has Malachi done?
(a) Sold his holdings in Galactic Spacecraft.
(b) Named Beatrice to the Galactic Spacecraft's Board of Directors.
(c) Purchased a ticket for a space flight.
(d) Purchased the controlling share in Galactic Spacecraft.
3. What company made the furniture in Fern's office?
(b) American Builders.
(c) American Leviation.
(d) Angles Away.
4. Where do the materializations take place?
(a) At an estate in Newport, Rhode Island.
(b) In an old church in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
(c) In the City of Phoebe on the planet Mars.
(d) At an abandoned school in Providence, Rhode Island.
5. Who is Unk's company commander?
(a) Captain Arnold Burch.
(b) Captain Jonah Ramsfield.
(c) Captain Jonah Burch.
(d) Captain Arnold Ramsfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is nicknamed Skip?
2. What unique talent does Rumfoord display?
3. What does Unk mutter out loud as he sees his vision while cleaning his rifle?
4. When would Noel sell the shares of the company he was currently invested in?
5. How many months are in the Martian calendar year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malachi flying his own helicopter as he approaches the headquarters building?
2. As Unk's unit is marching through Phoebe, why does Unk drop the grenade and leave his unit?
3. What is United Hotcake?
4. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
5. What are goofballs and what is their purpose?
6. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
7. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
8. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
9. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
10. Who is Martin Koradubian?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)