|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Unk marches to his ship with the rest of his unit, what is Unk carrying?
(a) A comrade.
(b) A goofball.
(c) Kitchen supplies.
(d) A grenade.
2. What are the twelve sides of the company's headquarter building said by the architect to represent?
(a) The twelve smaller companies owned by Malachi.
(b) The twelve great religions of the world.
(c) The twelve moons of Saturn.
(d) The twelve great political movements of the world.
3. At the end of his multi-day party, what does Malachi give to each of the women at his party?
(a) A new car.
(b) A diamond bracelet.
(c) An emerald ring.
(d) An oil well.
4. What powers the machinery on Mars?
(a) Universal Will To Become.
(b) Ultimate Welding To Bend.
(c) Ultimate Time Will Become.
(d) Universal Torque Will Bend.
5. Watching the soldiers depart after the square formation, what would an observer wonder?
(a) Who is really in charge?
(b) Who is playing the drums?
(c) Where the soldiers are going?
(d) Why there are so many soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winston tell Malachi that he will live in the future?
2. What persistent sound finally rouses Malachi from his drunken stupor at his home after the multi-day party?
3. What is the name of the space corporation's rocket ship?
4. Why does Unk pause when ordered to march up to the bound man?
5. What ship are Boaz and Unk scheduled to fly to Earth on?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
2. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
3. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
4. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
5. How does Beatrice become penniless?
6. What does Unk find particularly disturbing about Boaz and why?
7. How does Beatrice feel about her husband?
8. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
9. What is Ransom Fern's philosophy?
10. What are goofballs and what is their purpose?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)