|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Unk when he pauses before the bound man?
(a) Unk passes out.
(b) The man thanks Unk.
(c) The order to Unk is repeated.
(d) A warning pain shoots through Unk's head.
2. What is the name of the only city on Mars?
3. At the beginning of "Tent Rentals", the story has shifted locations. Where is the story now taking place?
(a) On Earth.
(b) On Titan.
(c) On Mars.
(d) On Mercury.
4. What object does Boaz carry in his right front trouser pocket?
(a) A Swiss Army knife.
(b) A small control box.
(c) A good luck charm.
(d) A key car.
5. How is the crowd notified when a materialization has taken place?
(a) The newspaper prints a report the next day.
(b) The butler addresses the crowd.
(c) A report is posted outside the entrance.
(d) A news crew records and replays the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the materializations take place?
2. Who is Moncrief?
3. Which fellow soldier overhears Unk's mutterings while he is cleaning his rifle in the barracks?
4. What does Malachi's name mean?
5. What punishment does Boaz receive for encouraging Unk in the barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
2. Contrast Boaz's living arrangements with Unk's living arrangements while the two men are stranded on Mercury.
3. As Malachi climbs the ladder to the space ship and prepares for his upcoming exile on Titan, why is he weeping?
4. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
5. How does Beatrice become penniless?
6. According to the hospital, what is the very worst thing that Unk can do?
7. How does Ransom's philosophy actually help him in business?
8. Why does Unk strangle the man at the stake?
9. What is United Hotcake?
10. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)