|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are the Martian children when they receive their own antenna implants?
2. How many months are in the Martian calendar year?
3. Who has invited Malachi to witness the materialization?
(a) Unk invited Malachi.
(b) Ransom Fern invited Malachi.
(c) Winston invited Malachi.
(d) Malachi wasn't invited.
4. Who is Ransom K. Fern?
(a) The banker in charge of Malachi's accounts.
(b) The butler at the Rumfoord estate.
(c) The president of Malachi's company.
(d) The helicopter pilot.
5. What is the name of Unk's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boaz think causes the explosion on the street as the unit marches through the city?
2. During what time period do the events in the story take place?
3. What object does Boaz carry in his right front trouser pocket?
4. Who is ultimately responsible for everything on Mars?
5. During the first two years at the Wilburhampton, who was Noel's only visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tralfamadore communicate with Salo?
2. What does Rumfoord tell Malachi that his exile will mean to Rumfoord's followers?
3. What is United Hotcake?
4. As Malachi climbs the ladder to the space ship and prepares for his upcoming exile on Titan, why is he weeping?
5. How does Unk's son get his name?
6. The soldiers on Mars precisely execute their movements, such as halt or parade rest. What is unusual about their precision?
7. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
8. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
9. When the reader is first introduced to Ransom K. Fern, the reader learns that he will be quitting his job. Why does Ransom K. Fern quit?
10. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)