|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Unk find behind Barrack Twelve?
(a) A key.
(b) A control box.
(c) A medal.
(d) A letter.
2. When Unk is cleaning his rifle in the barracks, what does Boaz encourage him to do?
3. What activity does Unk find particularly pleasant?
(a) Cleaning his rifle.
(b) Shooting hoops with his fellow officers.
(c) Cooking for his fellow soldiers.
(d) Cleaning the barracks.
4. .Where did Noel get the funds to start his company?
(a) From his savings account.
(b) From his gambling winnings.
(c) From his wife's family.
(d) From his father's estate.
5. Who is WInston Rumfoord?
(a) The father of Malachi Constant.
(b) The man who materializes.
(c) The son of Malachi Constant.
(d) The wealthiest man on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Salo been stranded on Titan?
2. How do the company commanders control their troops?
3. What does Malachi's name mean?
4. Who is Moncrief?
5. During the first two years at the Wilburhampton, who was Noel's only visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice become penniless?
2. Why does Malachi send offensive letters to Beatrice?
3. Why does Unk strangle the man at the stake?
4. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
5. When the reader is first introduced to Ransom K. Fern, the reader learns that he will be quitting his job. Why does Ransom K. Fern quit?
6. Why is Malachi flying his own helicopter as he approaches the headquarters building?
7. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
8. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
9. What functions do the antennas in the soldiers' brains serve?
10. What do the flags flying in front of the army barracks signify?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)