|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Winston, what is the name of the child Malachi will father?
2. What is the name of the space corporation's rocket ship?
(a) The Whale.
(b) The Eagle.
3. Where do the materializations take place?
(a) In the City of Phoebe on the planet Mars.
(b) At an abandoned school in Providence, Rhode Island.
(c) In an old church in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
(d) At an estate in Newport, Rhode Island.
4. What does Boaz think causes the explosion on the street as the unit marches through the city?
(a) An enemy attack.
(b) Sewer gas.
(d) Faulty ammunition.
5. Who is nicknamed Skip?
(a) Winston Rumfoord.
(b) Malachi Constant.
(d) Beatrice Rumfoord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston reveal to Malachi about Titan?
2. What is chrono-synclasticinfundibulum?
3. When Unk is cleaning his rifle in the barracks, what does Boaz encourage him to do?
4. Which fellow soldier overhears Unk's mutterings while he is cleaning his rifle in the barracks?
5. What did the second visitor to Noel's room hope to secure from Noel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
2. The soldiers on Mars precisely execute their movements, such as halt or parade rest. What is unusual about their precision?
3. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
4. Why do the children on Mars spend so little time studying?
5. Who is Martin Koradubian?
6. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
7. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
8. When the reader is first introduced to Ransom K. Fern, the reader learns that he will be quitting his job. Why does Ransom K. Fern quit?
9. How does Ransom's philosophy actually help him in business?
10. As Unk's unit is marching through Phoebe, why does Unk drop the grenade and leave his unit?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)