|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. .Where did Noel get the funds to start his company?
(a) From his savings account.
(b) From his gambling winnings.
(c) From his father's estate.
(d) From his wife's family.
2. What does the President of the United States announce as a way to curb unemployment?
(a) The New Age of Modernization.
(b) The New Age of Exploration.
(c) The New Age of Competition.
(d) The New Age of Space.
3. At the end of his multi-day party, what does Malachi give to each of the women at his party?
(a) A diamond bracelet.
(b) An oil well.
(c) A new car.
(d) An emerald ring.
4. When Unk is cleaning his rifle in the barracks, what does Boaz encourage him to do?
5. Who is ultimately responsible for everything on Mars?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the company commander arrives for a surprise inspection, which soldier is slow in rising to attention?
2. When would Noel sell the shares of the company he was currently invested in?
3. What is Unk told repeatedly before leaving to participate in the square formation?
4. What is chrono-synclasticinfundibulum?
5. How do the company commanders control their troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
2. Why does Unk strangle the man at the stake?
3. What do the flags flying in front of the army barracks signify?
4. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
5. What does Unk find particularly disturbing about Boaz and why?
6. Name five items that Boaz and Unk's invasion ship is carrying.
7. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
8. What functions do the antennas in the soldiers' brains serve?
9. Who is Martin Koradubian?
10. How does Beatrice become penniless?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)