|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fellow soldier overhears Unk's mutterings while he is cleaning his rifle in the barracks?
2. When Malachi meets Ransom at the company's headquarters, what does Ransom tell Malachi?
(a) That they are the only two people left in the building.
(b) That the furniture company will end up making money.
(c) That the building has been sold.
(d) That the company will be alright - just weather the storm.
3. As Unk stands in the square formation, he notices the color of the sky because the color seems wrong to him. What color is the sky?
4. What is the name of the space corporation's rocket ship?
(b) The Eagle.
(d) The Whale.
5. What happens to Unk when he pauses before the bound man?
(a) The order to Unk is repeated.
(b) Unk passes out.
(c) A warning pain shoots through Unk's head.
(d) The man thanks Unk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Unk's company commander?
2. Beatrice complains that she no longer wants to be part of the human race. What does Beatrice want to be instead?
3. What company made the furniture in Fern's office?
4. Who is Moncrief?
5. What does Unk find behind Barrack Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Unk's ship lands on Earth, what is the one desire that is driving Unk on?
2. When the reader is first introduced to Ransom K. Fern, the reader learns that he will be quitting his job. Why does Ransom K. Fern quit?
3. Why is Malachi trying to fix Salo?
4. How does Tralfamadore communicate with Salo?
5. According to the hospital, what is the very worst thing that Unk can do?
6. When the crowd of people on Earth gather around the newly landed space ship and ask Unk what his name is and what happened to him, how does Unk respond?
7. As the story begins and the next materialization is about to occur, the police inform the crowd that the materialization has already taken place a few blocks away. Why?
8. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
9. Why did the power plant on Salo's ship develop problems so that Salo had to land on Titan so many years earlier?
10. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)