|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the second visitor to Noel's room at the Wilburhampton?
(a) An Internal Revenue agent.
(b) A company fraud investigator.
(c) An insurance investigator.
(d) A Banking Commission agent.
2. Who founded Malachi's company?
(b) Malachi's father.
(d) Malachi's grandfather.
3. What does Winston reveal to Malachi about Titan?
(a) That Malachi will live there for seven years.
(b) That Titan is inhabited by human explorers.
(c) That there are beautiful women there.
(d) That the atmosphere is breathable.
4. Unk's rifle is a vintage model. From which war is his gun?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
5. What punishment does Boaz receive for encouraging Unk in the barracks?
(a) Kitchen duty.
(b) Latrine duty.
(c) Trash duty.
(d) Solitary confinement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique talent does Rumfoord display?
2. What is chrono-synclasticinfundibulum?
3. What are the twelve sides of the company's headquarter building said by the architect to represent?
4. Watching the soldiers depart after the square formation, what would an observer wonder?
5. Who is Unk's company commander?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
2. How does Beatrice become penniless?
3. How does Beatrice feel about her husband?
4. How does Unk's son get his name?
5. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
6. According to the narrator, what did Earth's advance agents find in space that had already been found in abundance on Earth?
7. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
8. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
9. What is United Hotcake?
10. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)