|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Unk's company commander?
(a) Captain Arnold Burch.
(b) Captain Jonah Ramsfield.
(c) Captain Arnold Ramsfield.
(d) Captain Jonah Burch.
2. When would Noel sell the shares of the company he was currently invested in?
(a) When the shares showed a slowing growth pattern.
(b) When the value of his shares had quadrupled.
(c) When he had owned the shares for three months.
(d) When the value of his shares had doubled.
3. As Malachi is en route to the helicopter after the materialization, what does he realize?
(a) That he is going to die on Titan.
(b) That the mob almost harmed him.
(c) That no good will come from hearing the predictions.
(d) That someone is looking out for him.
4. As Unk marches to his ship with the rest of his unit, what is Unk carrying?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A comrade.
(c) A goofball.
(d) Kitchen supplies.
5. When the soldiers assemble in their square formation, what is Unk ordered to do by his superiors?
(a) Free the bound man.
(b) Shoot the bound man.
(c) Strangle the bound man.
(d) Punch the bound man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Beatrice only seen one materialization?
2. How old are the Martian children when they receive their own antenna implants?
3. Who are the models in the MoonMist cigarette ad?
4. What does Winston reveal to Beatrice about her future life?
5. What is in the middle of the soldiers' formation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malachi send offensive letters to Beatrice?
2. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
3. According to the narrator, what did Earth's advance agents find in space that had already been found in abundance on Earth?
4. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
5. What do the flags flying in front of the army barracks signify?
6. How does Beatrice feel about her husband?
7. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
8. The soldiers on Mars precisely execute their movements, such as halt or parade rest. What is unusual about their precision?
9. Why is Malachi flying his own helicopter as he approaches the headquarters building?
10. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)