|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Moncrief?
(a) The banker in charge of Malachi's accounts.
(b) The butler at the Rumfoord estate.
(c) The helicopter pilot.
(d) The president of Malachi's company.
2. What does Boaz think causes the explosion on the street as the unit marches through the city?
(a) Faulty ammunition.
(c) An enemy attack.
(d) Sewer gas.
3. As Malachi is en route to the helicopter after the materialization, what does he realize?
(a) That no good will come from hearing the predictions.
(b) That he is going to die on Titan.
(c) That the mob almost harmed him.
(d) That someone is looking out for him.
4. What does Winston reveal to Malachi about Titan?
(a) That Titan is inhabited by human explorers.
(b) That the atmosphere is breathable.
(c) That there are beautiful women there.
(d) That Malachi will live there for seven years.
5. What is the name of Malachi's company?
(a) Galaxy Spacecraft.
(b) Starlight Cruises.
(c) Constant Travels.
(d) Magnum Opus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ransom K. Fern worked for Magnum Opus?
2. During what time period do the events in the story take place?
3. What does Unk find behind Barrack Twelve?
4. What does Beatrice ask Winston to tell her when he materializes again?
5. What object does Boaz carry in his right front trouser pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What functions do the antennas in the soldiers' brains serve?
2. Why does Malachi send offensive letters to Beatrice?
3. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
4. What do the flags flying in front of the army barracks signify?
5. What does Unk find particularly disturbing about Boaz and why?
6. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
7. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
8. As the story begins and the next materialization is about to occur, the police inform the crowd that the materialization has already taken place a few blocks away. Why?
9. What are goofballs and what is their purpose?
10. How does Malachi gain entrance to the estate in order to witness the materialization?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)