|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the soldiers assemble in their square formation, what is Unk ordered to do by his superiors?
(a) Shoot the bound man.
(b) Punch the bound man.
(c) Free the bound man.
(d) Strangle the bound man.
2. What ship are Boaz and Unk scheduled to fly to Earth on?
(a) The moon landing ship.
(b) The early deployment ship.
(c) The company mother ship.
(d) The command ship.
3. Who is the bound man searching the group of soldiers for?
4. How long has Ransom K. Fern worked for Magnum Opus?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Thirty-eight years.
5. What is the reaction of Unk's commanding officer when Unk carries out his orders?
(a) The commanding officer salutes Unk.
(b) The commanding officer winks at Unk.
(c) The commanding officer slaps Unk.
(d) The commanding officer arrests Unk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Noel get his investment advice from?
2. Who is ultimately responsible for everything on Mars?
3. While cleaning his rifle in the barracks, Unk has a vision of three beautiful girls. What does Unk notice about the golden girl?
4. What is the name of Unk's son?
5. According to Winston, what is the name of the child Malachi will father?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
2. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
3. How does Malachi gain entrance to the estate in order to witness the materialization?
4. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
5. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
6. How does Beatrice become penniless?
7. Why does Malachi send offensive letters to Beatrice?
8. What is Ransom Fern's philosophy?
9. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
10. How does Unk's son get his name?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)