|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumfoord mentions that Malachi's son will find something special. What is it?
(a) A small piece of metal.
(b) A watch.
(c) A money clip.
(d) A silver coin.
2. What is the reaction of Unk's commanding officer when Unk carries out his orders?
(a) The commanding officer winks at Unk.
(b) The commanding officer slaps Unk.
(c) The commanding officer salutes Unk.
(d) The commanding officer arrests Unk.
3. What punishment does Boaz receive for encouraging Unk in the barracks?
(a) Solitary confinement.
(b) Trash duty.
(c) Kitchen duty.
(d) Latrine duty.
4. When would Noel sell the shares of the company he was currently invested in?
(a) When he had owned the shares for three months.
(b) When the shares showed a slowing growth pattern.
(c) When the value of his shares had quadrupled.
(d) When the value of his shares had doubled.
5. Who is Ransom K. Fern?
(a) The banker in charge of Malachi's accounts.
(b) The president of Malachi's company.
(c) The butler at the Rumfoord estate.
(d) The helicopter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ransom K. Fern worked for Magnum Opus?
2. How many soldiers are in the division being discussed at the beginning of "Tent Rentals"?
3. What activity does Unk find particularly pleasant?
4. There has only been one materialization in which a spectator was invited to witness the event. Since this particular materialization, what has Beatrice done?
5. When the company commander arrives for a surprise inspection, which soldier is slow in rising to attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beatrice and Winston are together in Skip's Museum, why is Beatrice upset with Winston?
2. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
3. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
4. According to the narrator, what did Earth's advance agents find in space that had already been found in abundance on Earth?
5. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
6. Why does Unk strangle the man at the stake?
7. How does Ransom's philosophy actually help him in business?
8. How does Beatrice become penniless?
9. What functions do the antennas in the soldiers' brains serve?
10. As the story begins and the next materialization is about to occur, the police inform the crowd that the materialization has already taken place a few blocks away. Why?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)