|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Unk is cleaning his rifle in the barracks, what does Boaz encourage him to do?
2. What is Malachi known as?
(a) The smartest man on Earth.
(b) The luckiest man on Earth.
(c) The fastest man on Earth.
(d) The handsomest man on Earth.
3. What does Winston reveal to Beatrice about her future life?
(a) That Beatrice will become destitute.
(b) That Beatrice will live on Saturn.
(c) That Beatrice will be barren.
(d) That Beatrice will marry Malachi.
4. As Malachi is en route to the helicopter after the materialization, what does he realize?
(a) That he is going to die on Titan.
(b) That the mob almost harmed him.
(c) That someone is looking out for him.
(d) That no good will come from hearing the predictions.
5. Before founding Magnum Opus, what was Noel Constant's occupation?
(a) Noel was a cookware salesman.
(b) Noel was an investment broker.
(c) Noel was a stock broker.
(d) Noel was a shoe salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Tent Rentals", the story has shifted locations. Where is the story now taking place?
2. What powers the machinery on Mars?
3. As part of the rechristening ceremonies, what will space corporation's rocket ship be renamed?
4. What was one of Noel's guiding rules at the beginning of his investment career?
5. Where did Noel get his investment advice from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Unk's son get his name?
2. Who is Martin Koradubian?
3. Why does Malachi send offensive letters to Beatrice?
4. Name five items that Boaz and Unk's invasion ship is carrying.
5. What are goofballs and what is their purpose?
6. The soldiers on Mars precisely execute their movements, such as halt or parade rest. What is unusual about their precision?
7. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
8. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
9. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
10. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)