|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Unk pause when ordered to march up to the bound man?
(a) Unk pauses because the bound man looks unhappy.
(b) Unk pauses because the bound man looks mean.
(c) Unk pauses because the bound man is sleeping.
(d) Unk pauses because the bound man is crying.
2. To what military organization do the soldiers belong?
(a) The First Martian Infantry Brigade.
(b) The United States Assault Infantry.
(c) The First Martian Assault Infantry Division.
(d) The Navy Seals.
3. What is the name of Malachi's company?
(a) Constant Travels.
(b) Magnum Opus.
(c) Starlight Cruises.
(d) Galaxy Spacecraft.
4. During the first two years at the Wilburhampton, who was Noel's only visitor?
(a) The chambermaid.
(b) His investment counselor.
(c) The pizza delivery man.
(d) His banker.
5. What is the name of Unk's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boaz think causes the explosion on the street as the unit marches through the city?
2. Who is Moncrief?
3. How many soldiers are in the division being discussed at the beginning of "Tent Rentals"?
4. According to Fern, at their meeting at the company headquarters, what does Malachi have yet to realize?
5. Where do the materializations take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Unk find particularly disturbing about Boaz and why?
2. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
3. According to the narrator, what did Earth's advance agents find in space that had already been found in abundance on Earth?
4. How does Unk's son get his name?
5. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
6. Why do the children on Mars spend so little time studying?
7. The soldiers on Mars precisely execute their movements, such as halt or parade rest. What is unusual about their precision?
8. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
9. How does Malachi gain entrance to the estate in order to witness the materialization?
10. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)