|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the materializations take place?
(a) In an old church in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
(b) At an estate in Newport, Rhode Island.
(c) At an abandoned school in Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) In the City of Phoebe on the planet Mars.
2. What is Malachi known as?
(a) The luckiest man on Earth.
(b) The handsomest man on Earth.
(c) The smartest man on Earth.
(d) The fastest man on Earth.
3. What is chrono-synclasticinfundibulum?
(a) A black hole.
(b) A medical device.
(c) A made up word.
(d) A warp region in space.
4. Who is the bound man in the midst of the soldiers?
(a) Unk's best friend.
(b) Winston's best friend.
(c) A traitor.
(d) Unk's company commander.
5. Where did Noel get his investment advice from?
(a) The Bible.
(b) His dreams.
(c) The investor down the hall.
(d) Merrill Lynch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumfoord mentions that Malachi's son will find something special. What is it?
2. How is the crowd notified when a materialization has taken place?
3. What is the name of the space corporation's rocket ship?
4. What company made the furniture in Fern's office?
5. At the end of his multi-day party, what does Malachi give to each of the women at his party?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
2. Why does Unk strangle the man at the stake?
3. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
4. Name five items that Boaz and Unk's invasion ship is carrying.
5. Why do the children on Mars spend so little time studying?
6. According to the narrator, what did Earth's advance agents find in space that had already been found in abundance on Earth?
7. How does Malachi gain entrance to the estate in order to witness the materialization?
8. When Malachi greets Winston during the materialization, Malachi experiences an unfamiliar feeling and starts to feel panicky. Why?
9. Who is Martin Koradubian?
10. How does Ransom's philosophy actually help him in business?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)