|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does Unk find particularly pleasant?
(a) Cleaning his rifle.
(b) Shooting hoops with his fellow officers.
(c) Cleaning the barracks.
(d) Cooking for his fellow soldiers.
2. What happens to Unk when he pauses before the bound man?
(a) The order to Unk is repeated.
(b) Unk passes out.
(c) The man thanks Unk.
(d) A warning pain shoots through Unk's head.
3. What other facet of Martian life - aside from the sky - seems wrong to Unk?
(a) Unk is always tired.
(b) Unk is always cold.
(c) Unk is always awake.
(d) Unk is always hot.
4. As part of the rechristening ceremonies, what will space corporation's rocket ship be renamed?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Rumfoord.
(c) The Seeker.
(d) The Great Hope.
5. Who is ultimately responsible for everything on Mars?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ransom K. Fern?
2. During the first two years at the Wilburhampton, who was Noel's only visitor?
3. How long has Salo been stranded on Titan?
4. What is unique about the furniture in Fern's office?
5. When Malachi meets Ransom at the company's headquarters, what does Ransom tell Malachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is preventing Unk and Boaz from simply flying their space ship to Earth?
2. As Unk's unit is marching through Phoebe, why does Unk drop the grenade and leave his unit?
3. What purpose does Constant's journey from Earth to Mars to Mercury and back to Earth serve for Rumfoord?
4. How does Beatrice feel about her husband?
5. There are only two buttons on the Martian space ships. What are they?
6. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
7. What does Rumfoord tell Malachi that his exile will mean to Rumfoord's followers?
8. What is Ransom Fern's philosophy?
9. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
10. After talking with Boaz in the barracks, Unk passes out. Why?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)