|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Unk's son?
2. Who is Unk's company commander?
(a) Captain Arnold Ramsfield.
(b) Captain Jonah Ramsfield.
(c) Captain Arnold Burch.
(d) Captain Jonah Burch.
3. To what military organization do the soldiers belong?
(a) The Navy Seals.
(b) The First Martian Infantry Brigade.
(c) The First Martian Assault Infantry Division.
(d) The United States Assault Infantry.
4. According to Fern, at their meeting at the company headquarters, what does Malachi have yet to realize?
(a) That Malachi has an emergency slush fund at his disposal.
(b) That Fern is superior to Malachi.
(c) That Malachi's luck has run out.
(d) That Malachi's father had not been a smart man.
5. What is the interval between materializations?
(a) Three months.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Fifty-nine days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Unk's commanding officer?
2. What ship are Boaz and Unk scheduled to fly to Earth on?
3. Who are the models in the MoonMist cigarette ad?
4. Since witnessing the last materialization, what has Malachi done?
5. As Malachi is en route to the helicopter after the materialization, what does he realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
2. As the story begins and the next materialization is about to occur, the police inform the crowd that the materialization has already taken place a few blocks away. Why?
3. Why does Malachi send offensive letters to Beatrice?
4. What functions do the antennas in the soldiers' brains serve?
5. As "Cheers in the Wirehouse" opens, the reader learns that Malachi Constant is using the name Jonah K. Rowley. Why?
6. What is the most important rule in the Martian army?
7. How does Ransom's philosophy actually help him in business?
8. How does Beatrice feel about her husband?
9. According to the narrator, what did Earth's advance agents find in space that had already been found in abundance on Earth?
10. What is United Hotcake?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)