|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time period do the events in the story take place?
(a) The Invasion Years.
(b) The Nightmare Ages.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
2. Rumfoord mentions that Malachi's son will find something special. What is it?
(a) A money clip.
(b) A silver coin.
(c) A watch.
(d) A small piece of metal.
3. What is unique about the furniture in Fern's office?
(a) There are no right angles on any of the furniture pieces.
(b) All of the furniture is glass.
(c) None of the furniture is meant to be sat on.
(d) None of the furniture has legs.
4. What persistent sound finally rouses Malachi from his drunken stupor at his home after the multi-day party?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Radio static.
(c) A woman's screams.
(d) The door bell.
5. What is the name of the space corporation's rocket ship?
(c) The Whale.
(d) The Eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the second visitor to Noel's room hope to secure from Noel?
2. How do the company commanders control their troops?
3. Who is ultimately responsible for everything on Mars?
4. Who is Ransom K. Fern?
5. Who founded Malachi's company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the children on Mars spend so little time studying?
2. When Malachi's helicopter is landing on the corporation's headquarters building, what does the helicopter remind those on the ground of? Why?
3. Describe Noel Constant's investment strategy.
4. According to the hospital, what is the very worst thing that Unk can do?
5. The soldiers on Mars precisely execute their movements, such as halt or parade rest. What is unusual about their precision?
6. How does Beatrice feel about her husband?
7. What does the man at the stake tell Unk with his dying breath?
8. Why does Unk strangle the man at the stake?
9. Why is Malachi flying his own helicopter as he approaches the headquarters building?
10. What did the invitation to witness the materialization say regarding the relationship between Malachi and Winston? Why is this odd for Malachi?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)