|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are, according to Rumfoord, Malachi Constant's three greatest sins?
(a) His immorality, his wealth, and his belief in his own good luck.
(b) His decadence, his wealth, and his inability to help others.
(c) His wealth, immorality, and his inability to help others.
(d) His decadence, his immorality, and his belief in his own good luck.
2. What will the leader of the faith reveal when the "Space Wanderer" appears?
(a) The future of the faith.
(b) The purpose of all life.
(c) The beginning of the end times.
(d) The wanderer's name.
3. After the explosion on Mercury, what do Boaz and Unk decide to do?
(a) Fly away from the planet and find Earth.
(b) Return to the surface and find people.
(c) Send a distress signal to the rest of the fleet.
(d) Explore their new home.
4. Why did Salo originally land on Titan?
(a) His ship developed power plant problems.
(b) Salo needed to rest.
(c) Salo needed to restock his food supply.
(d) His ship developed air intake problems.
5. As "A Puzzle Solved" begins, what are Unk and Boaz using the space ship for?
6. After Malachi shares his good thing with the crowd, what does Rumfoord tell him?
(a) That Rumfoord killed Stony to punish Malachi.
(b) That Malachi never had a friend.
(c) That Malachi killed Stony on Mars.
(d) That Stony was paid to be Malachi's friend.
7. How does Bee react to learning of her exile with Malachi?
(a) She hurls rocks at Rumfoord.
(b) She is glad to get away from Earth.
(c) She falls to her death as she climbs the ladder.
(d) She is glad that Chrono is being exiled too.
8. Where does Unk see the message telling him how to get out of the cave?
(a) On the cave's ceiling.
(b) On the cave's floor.
(c) On the cave's wall.
(d) On the ship's side.
9. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where are the two men actually headed?
10. Rumfoord tells Malachi that he must go into exile to pay for his sins. Where is Rumfoord sending Malachi?
(a) To Saturn.
(b) To Mars.
(c) To Mercury.
(d) To Titan.
11. When Unk is on the platform at the estate to the crowd who came to see the Space Wanderer in person, what does Unk notice?
(a) A long ladder leading to a space ship.
(b) The sky on Earth is blue.
(c) Unk's friend, Stony, in the crowd.
(d) The souvenir sellers outside the estate.
12. What happens when Salo goes to meet Malachi, Beatrice, and Chrono after their space ship has landed on Titan?
(a) Beatrice offers Salo some food.
(b) Chrono tries to kill Salo.
(c) Malachi tries to kill Salo.
(d) Chrono extends the hand of peace.
13. When do Boaz and Unk realize they are not on Earth?
(a) When the spacecraft first lands.
(b) When the explosion occurs.
(c) When they see the crystal structures.
(d) When they see the harmoniums.
14. When Unk shares with Boaz that they can finally leave Mercury, Boaz shocks Unk. What does Boaz reveal to Unk?
(a) That Boaz cannot let Unk leave.
(b) That Boaz is staying on Mercury.
(c) That Unk's plan will never work.
(d) That the ship is out of fuel.
15. How long has Salo been stranded on Titan?
(a) Nearly 200,000 years.
(b) Nearly 200 years.
(c) Nearly half of a century.
(d) Nearly 500,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Unk and Boaz feel when they realize their ship cannot fly out of the cave on Mercury?
2. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where do the two men think they are headed?
3. Boaz finds a purpose for his life on Mercury. What is it?
4. Who is responsible for the technological triumphs during the Martian suicide?
5. What is the name of the church Unk's space ship lands near in "An Age of Miracles"?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)