|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mastermind behind the Martian suicide?
(a) Ransom K. Fern.
(b) Earl Moncrief.
(c) Malachi Constant.
(d) Winston Rumfoord.
2. Why does learning his real name have very little effect on Malachi?
(a) Because Malachi is amazed to recognize Rumfoord.
(b) Because Malachi cannot remember his former life.
(c) Because Malachi is astounded by his upcoming exile.
(d) Because Malachi is looking forward to leaving Earth again.
3. How do harmoniums reproduce?
(a) By live birth.
(b) By flaking off pieces that then begin to grow.
(c) By laying eggs.
(d) By pollination.
4. How do the Earthlings respond to the Martian bombings?
(a) The Earthlings surrender.
(b) The Earthlings are frightened, but prepare to fight.
(c) The Earthlings send soldiers to fight the Martians on the moon.
(d) The Earthlings fire thermonuclear devices at the Martian bridgeheads.
5. How does Bee react to learning of her exile with Malachi?
(a) She falls to her death as she climbs the ladder.
(b) She hurls rocks at Rumfoord.
(c) She is glad to get away from Earth.
(d) She is glad that Chrono is being exiled too.
6. As Malachi and Beatrice are landing on Titan, why is Rumfoord ill?
(a) The chrono-synclasticinfundibulum has reached its life expectancy.
(b) The center of his time-space spiral is about to be blown.
(c) The Titan food has upset his stomach.
(d) Rumfoord has been away from Earth for too long.
7. Where is Winston Rumfoord permanently materialized?
(a) On Mars.
(b) On Mercury.
(c) On Titan.
(d) On Earth.
8. As Malachi's ship approaches Titan, what does Rumfoord tell Salo is on the incoming ship?
(b) Salo's nemesis.
(d) Salo's replacement part.
9. What happens once every fourteen days on Mercury?
(a) Rumfoord materializes.
(b) Boaz breaks down in tears.
(c) The harmoniums sing.
(d) The moons are full.
10. When the two men land, Unk sees large crystal structures. What does Unk think the large structures are?
(d) Defense systems.
11. When Unk shares with Boaz that they can finally leave Mercury, Boaz shocks Unk. What does Boaz reveal to Unk?
(a) That Boaz is staying on Mercury.
(b) That Boaz cannot let Unk leave.
(c) That the ship is out of fuel.
(d) That Unk's plan will never work.
12. What will the leader of the faith reveal when the "Space Wanderer" appears?
(a) The beginning of the end times.
(b) The purpose of all life.
(c) The future of the faith.
(d) The wanderer's name.
13. Where does Unk see the message telling him how to get out of the cave?
(a) On the cave's wall.
(b) On the cave's floor.
(c) On the cave's ceiling.
(d) On the ship's side.
14. How long has Salo been stranded on Titan?
(a) Nearly half of a century.
(b) Nearly 200,000 years.
(c) Nearly 200 years.
(d) Nearly 500,000 years.
15. After Boaz and Unk's ship takes off from Mars, where are the two men actually headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Unk is on the platform at the estate to the crowd who came to see the Space Wanderer in person, what does Unk notice?
2. When invited by Rumfoord to tell the crowd one good thing Malachi has done in his life, what does Malachi share?
3. What is the name of the church Unk's space ship lands near in "An Age of Miracles"?
4. After leaving Mars and flying through space, where does Boaz and Unk's ship land?
5. Who is directing the harmoniums to leave messages for Unk and Boaz?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)