|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the furniture in Fern's office?
(a) All of the furniture is glass.
(b) There are no right angles on any of the furniture pieces.
(c) None of the furniture is meant to be sat on.
(d) None of the furniture has legs.
2. What other facet of Martian life - aside from the sky - seems wrong to Unk?
(a) Unk is always tired.
(b) Unk is always hot.
(c) Unk is always cold.
(d) Unk is always awake.
3. .Where did Noel get the funds to start his company?
(a) From his savings account.
(b) From his father's estate.
(c) From his gambling winnings.
(d) From his wife's family.
4. As Malachi is en route to the helicopter after the materialization, what does he realize?
(a) That he is going to die on Titan.
(b) That someone is looking out for him.
(c) That the mob almost harmed him.
(d) That no good will come from hearing the predictions.
5. What was one of Noel's guiding rules at the beginning of his investment career?
(a) Noel only purchased shares in high-growth industries.
(b) Noel only owned shares in one corporation at a time.
(c) Noel only sought companies that believed in space exploration.
(d) Noel only bought shares in family-friendly corporations.
6. When would Noel sell the shares of the company he was currently invested in?
(a) When the value of his shares had quadrupled.
(b) When the shares showed a slowing growth pattern.
(c) When the value of his shares had doubled.
(d) When he had owned the shares for three months.
7. How long has Ransom K. Fern worked for Magnum Opus?
(a) Forty-seven years.
(b) Thirty-eight years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
8. What is the name of the only city on Mars?
9. What is Unk told repeatedly before leaving to participate in the square formation?
(a) That he must remember to take his medication.
(b) That he is about to die.
(c) That he is the best soldier.
(d) That he is healthy as a horse.
10. Where was Noel when he got the idea of becoming a speculator?
(a) On the telephone.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) On a date.
(d) At the county fair.
11. How many soldiers are in the division being discussed at the beginning of "Tent Rentals"?
12. Who is the bound man in the midst of the soldiers?
(a) A traitor.
(b) Winston's best friend.
(c) Unk's best friend.
(d) Unk's company commander.
13. Where does Winston tell Malachi that he will live in the future?
(a) On Mars, then Mercury, then Earth, and then Titan.
(b) On Mercury, then Earth, then Mars, and then Titan.
(c) On Earth, then Mercury, then Titan, and then Mars.
(d) On Titan, then Mercury, then Mars, and then Earth.
14. Who is Moncrief?
(a) The banker in charge of Malachi's accounts.
(b) The butler at the Rumfoord estate.
(c) The president of Malachi's company.
(d) The helicopter pilot.
15. What activity does Unk find particularly pleasant?
(a) Cleaning his rifle.
(b) Shooting hoops with his fellow officers.
(c) Cleaning the barracks.
(d) Cooking for his fellow soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Winston, what is the name of the child Malachi will father?
2. Who is WInston Rumfoord?
3. Who has invited Malachi to witness the materialization?
4. What is chrono-synclasticinfundibulum?
5. What does Beatrice purchase just in case she is ever in Malachi's presence?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)