|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Salo been stranded on Titan?
(a) 200,000 years.
(b) 100,000 years.
(c) 2,000 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
2. Before founding Magnum Opus, what was Noel Constant's occupation?
(a) Noel was an investment broker.
(b) Noel was a cookware salesman.
(c) Noel was a stock broker.
(d) Noel was a shoe salesman.
3. What does Winston reveal to Malachi about Titan?
(a) That the atmosphere is breathable.
(b) That Titan is inhabited by human explorers.
(c) That Malachi will live there for seven years.
(d) That there are beautiful women there.
4. What company made the furniture in Fern's office?
(a) Angles Away.
(c) American Leviation.
(d) American Builders.
5. What sport does Unk's son excel at?
6. What does Malachi's name mean?
(a) Faithful follower.
(b) Dutiful messenger.
(c) Dutiful follower.
(d) Faithful messenger.
7. What was one of Noel's guiding rules at the beginning of his investment career?
(a) Noel only owned shares in one corporation at a time.
(b) Noel only bought shares in family-friendly corporations.
(c) Noel only sought companies that believed in space exploration.
(d) Noel only purchased shares in high-growth industries.
8. Which fellow soldier overhears Unk's mutterings while he is cleaning his rifle in the barracks?
9. What sound do the soldiers march to?
(a) A brass bugle.
(b) A marching song.
(c) A cymbal.
(d) A snare drum.
10. After returning from the materialization, Malachi throws a party. How long does the party last?
(a) Twenty-seven days.
(b) Thirty-six hours.
(c) Fifty-six days.
(d) Three weeks.
11. Who was the second visitor to Noel's room at the Wilburhampton?
(a) An Internal Revenue agent.
(b) A Banking Commission agent.
(c) A company fraud investigator.
(d) An insurance investigator.
12. At its height, what is the population of the city on Mars?
13. Who founded Malachi's company?
(a) Malachi's father.
(c) Malachi's grandfather.
14. Who is Unk's company commander?
(a) Captain Arnold Ramsfield.
(b) Captain Jonah Ramsfield.
(c) Captain Arnold Burch.
(d) Captain Jonah Burch.
15. What persistent sound finally rouses Malachi from his drunken stupor at his home after the multi-day party?
(a) Radio static.
(b) A woman's screams.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The door bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fern, at their meeting at the company headquarters, what does Malachi have yet to realize?
2. To what military organization do the soldiers belong?
3. What does Unk mutter out loud as he sees his vision while cleaning his rifle?
4. Rumfoord mentions that Malachi's son will find something special. What is it?
5. There has only been one materialization in which a spectator was invited to witness the event. Since this particular materialization, what has Beatrice done?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)