|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Beatrice?
(a) Winston's wife.
(b) Winston's dog.
(c) Winston's maid.
(d) Winston's childhood friend.
2. What is Malachi known as?
(a) The luckiest man on Earth.
(b) The fastest man on Earth.
(c) The handsomest man on Earth.
(d) The smartest man on Earth.
3. Who is Malachi Constant?
(a) The owner of the Newport estate.
(b) The wealthiest man on Earth.
(c) The man who materializes.
(d) The father of Winston Rumfoord.
4. What does Unk mutter out loud as he sees his vision while cleaning his rifle?
(a) Beautiful lady.
(b) Who are you?
(c) Sell MoonMist.
(d) I'm coming to you.
5. What does Boaz think causes the explosion on the street as the unit marches through the city?
(a) Sewer gas.
(b) An enemy attack.
(d) Faulty ammunition.
6. Beatrice complains that she no longer wants to be part of the human race. What does Beatrice want to be instead?
(a) A dog.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A chimpanzee.
(d) A dolphin.
7. What does Malachi's name mean?
(a) Dutiful follower.
(b) Faithful follower.
(c) Dutiful messenger.
(d) Faithful messenger.
8. As part of the rechristening ceremonies, what will space corporation's rocket ship be renamed?
(a) The Rumfoord.
(b) The Great Hope.
(c) The Seeker.
(d) The Odyssey.
9. What does Winston reveal to Beatrice about her future life?
(a) That Beatrice will become destitute.
(b) That Beatrice will live on Saturn.
(c) That Beatrice will be barren.
(d) That Beatrice will marry Malachi.
10. Since witnessing the last materialization, what has Malachi done?
(a) Purchased the controlling share in Galactic Spacecraft.
(b) Named Beatrice to the Galactic Spacecraft's Board of Directors.
(c) Purchased a ticket for a space flight.
(d) Sold his holdings in Galactic Spacecraft.
11. What object does Boaz carry in his right front trouser pocket?
(a) A key car.
(b) A good luck charm.
(c) A Swiss Army knife.
(d) A small control box.
12. What was one of Noel's guiding rules at the beginning of his investment career?
(a) Noel only sought companies that believed in space exploration.
(b) Noel only bought shares in family-friendly corporations.
(c) Noel only purchased shares in high-growth industries.
(d) Noel only owned shares in one corporation at a time.
13. During what time period do the events in the story take place?
(a) The Nightmare Ages.
(b) The Invasion Years.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
14. As Unk stands in the square formation, he notices the color of the sky because the color seems wrong to him. What color is the sky?
15. Where was Noel when he got the idea of becoming a speculator?
(a) On a date.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) On the telephone.
(d) At the county fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the man who claimed to be at the materialization (but was not actually present), what will happen in the year Ten Million A.D.?
2. Who is Ransom K. Fern?
3. Before founding Magnum Opus, what was Noel Constant's occupation?
4. Why has Beatrice only seen one materialization?
5. What is unique about the furniture in Fern's office?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)