|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
2. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
3. Who kills Mim in the book?
4. What does Eol throw at Maeglin but causes Aredhel to die?
5. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
2. How does Fingon defeat the dragon Glaurung?
3. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
4. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
5. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
6. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
7. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
8. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
9. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
10. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Elves and Men in the book. What reasons did Iluvatar have for creating so many differences between the two races of Ea?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of pride in the book. What is revealed about the repercussions of having pride based on Feanor's fate?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of kinship and friendship in the book. How important does having a sense of kinship with other races have in the culmination of peace and harmony on Ea?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)