Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
2. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
3. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
4. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
5. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of nature in the book. What significance does nature appear to have to the residents of Ea, and what is revealed about those who do not respect it?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of kinship and friendship in the book. How important does having a sense of kinship with other races have in the culmination of peace and harmony on Ea?
Essay Topic 3
The author presents many different representations of love in the book.
Part 1.) What can we learn about the nature of the love a parent has for their children based on the actions of characters like Iluvatar, Yavanna and Miriel?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of romantic love in the book based on the portrayal of characters like Beren and Luthien?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the love for nature based on the Teleri's love for the sea?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)