|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defeats the Orcs in Chapter 14?
2. Who protect the people of Numenor?
3. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
4. Who falls in love with Turgon's sister and they become married?
5. What does Eol throw at Maeglin but causes Aredhel to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
2. How is Azaghal killed in the book?
3. How is Aman lost from Men forever?
4. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
5. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
6. What are Earendil's two purposes as lord of the people of Sirion?
7. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
8. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
9. How do Maeglin and Aredhel escape to Gondolin?
10. How does Feanor die in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the Silmarils in the book. What might the author wish for the Silmarils to symbolize regarding faith in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of creation portrayed in the book. What relation might the author wish for the reader to see between the creation story of Ea and the Biblical creation of earth?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of jealousy in the book. What characters exhibited jealous behavior in the book, and what repercussions did they face because of it?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)