Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
2. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
3. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
4. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
5. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of kinship and friendship in the book. How important does having a sense of kinship with other races have in the culmination of peace and harmony on Ea?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of vengeance shown in the book. What might the author be saying about human nature based on the presence of vengeance?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Melkor and Manwe in the book. What traits are present to make these two characters, who started out so similar, to become so different?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)