|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
2. Who falls in love with Turgon's sister and they become married?
3. Who meets Tuor and guides him to Turgon?
4. Who protect the people of Numenor?
5. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aredhel die in the book?
2. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
3. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
4. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
5. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
6. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
7. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
8. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
9. How does Feanor die in the book?
10. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of wisdom in the book. What can the reader learn about the importance of wisdom based on the portrayal of Fingolfin?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of kinship and friendship in the book. How important does having a sense of kinship with other races have in the culmination of peace and harmony on Ea?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of the circle of life theme in the book. What purpose might the author have for using this technique in regards to portraying a religious tone in the text?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)