Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
2. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
3. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
4. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
5. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of jealousy in the book. What characters exhibited jealous behavior in the book, and what repercussions did they face because of it?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of the circle of life theme in the book. What purpose might the author have for using this technique in regards to portraying a religious tone in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of vengeance shown in the book. What might the author be saying about human nature based on the presence of vengeance?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)