Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
2. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
3. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
4. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
5. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of death in the book. How might the portrayal of death be considered necessary in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of beauty in the book. What reason might the author have for presenting beauty as a literal enchanter of Men in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of light is one presented as a beacon of hope and the triumph of good in the book.
Part 1.) What role does light play in the symbols of good such as the Trees of Valinor, the Silmarils, and the White Tree?
Part 2.) What might the author wish for light to represent symbolically in regards to religion?
Part 3.) What is revealed about the goodness of light based on Melkor's reaction to it in the book?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)