Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
5. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
2. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
3. How is the ring Sauron creates described?
4. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
5. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
6. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
7. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
8. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
9. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
10. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the Silmarils in the book. What might the author wish for the Silmarils to symbolize regarding faith in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of honor in the book. What characters represented honor in the book, and what traits did they possess to give them this title?
Essay Topic 3
The fight between good and evil is one theme represented throughout the book.
Part 1.) What led to the culmination of evil on Ea through efforts by Melkor and Sauron?
Part 2.) What efforts did characters like Iluvatar, Melwe, and Ulmo take to ensure that good prevailed in Ea?
Part 3.) What might the author wish for the battle of good and evil to symbolize in regards to a human's journey?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)