Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
5. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
2. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
3. How is the ring Sauron creates described?
4. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
5. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
6. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
7. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
8. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
9. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
10. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of kinship and friendship in the book. How important does having a sense of kinship with other races have in the culmination of peace and harmony on Ea?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of jealousy in the book. What characters exhibited jealous behavior in the book, and what repercussions did they face because of it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of vengeance shown in the book. What might the author be saying about human nature based on the presence of vengeance?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)