|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
2. What is the name of the ship Earendil and Cirdan build?
3. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
4. What is the name of the land whose people ally themselves with the Dwarves?
5. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
2. Who protect the people of Numenor?
3. Who does Morgoth offer a Silmaril but instead hangs him by his wrist from a rock?
4. Whose feast does Eol attend when his wife and son leave for Gondolin?
5. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
2. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
3. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
4. How does Feanor die in the book?
5. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
6. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
7. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
8. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
9. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
10. How does Finduilas die in the book?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)