|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
2. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
3. What is the name of the land between Valinor and Middle-earth?
4. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
5. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Fingolfin?
2. Who kills Beleg after mistaking him for an Orc?
3. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
4. Who tells Morgoth the location of Gondolin?
5. Whose feast does Eol attend when his wife and son leave for Gondolin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
2. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
3. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
4. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
5. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
6. How does Feanor die in the book?
7. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
8. How is Azaghal killed in the book?
9. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
10. How does Finduilas die in the book?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)