|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
2. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
3. Whose feast does Eol attend when his wife and son leave for Gondolin?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Dwarves.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The Eldar.
4. What is the name of Aredhel and Eol's son?
5. Who kills Mim in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
2. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of the land between Valinor and Middle-earth?
4. Who allies themselves with Maedhros in Chapter 18?
5. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
2. What does Morgoth do to Maedhros after promising him a Silmaril?
3. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
4. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
5. How does Fingon defeat the dragon Glaurung?
6. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
7. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
8. What are Earendil's two purposes as lord of the people of Sirion?
9. How does Feanor die in the book?
10. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)