|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the child Luthien and Beren have together?
(c) Dior Aranel.
2. What is the name of the king that joins Beren to search for Morgoth?
3. What does Ulmo make Elwing to help her escape with the Silmaril?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) An elf.
4. What is the name of the person who is jealous of King Thingol's love for Turin and mocks him?
5. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
2. What does Eol throw at Maeglin but causes Aredhel to die?
3. What is the name of the Dwarf-made necklace that held the Silmarils?
4. Who kills Glaurung in the book?
5. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
2. How does Aredhel die in the book?
3. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
4. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
5. What are Earendil's two purposes as lord of the people of Sirion?
6. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
7. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
8. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
9. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
10. What does Morgoth do to Maedhros after promising him a Silmaril?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)