|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
2. What is the name of Dior's daughter who escapes with the Silmaril after she is killed?
3. What is the name of Gelmir's brother who witnesses his death?
4. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Aunt and nephew.
5. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
2. Who defeats the Orcs in Chapter 14?
3. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
4. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
5. What is Amandil ordered to cut down but secretly preserves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
2. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
3. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
4. How is Azaghal killed in the book?
5. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
6. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
7. How does Fingon defeat the dragon Glaurung?
8. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
9. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
10. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)