|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Elf who raises Tuor?
2. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
(a) The Balrogs.
(b) The Orcs.
(c) The Dwarves.
(d) The Avari.
3. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
4. Who does Ar-Pharazon marry against her will?
5. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
2. What is the name of Amandil's son he helps flee from Numenor?
3. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
4. Whose feast does Eol attend when his wife and son leave for Gondolin?
5. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
2. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
3. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
4. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
5. How does Aredhel die in the book?
6. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
7. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
8. How is Aman lost from Men forever?
9. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
10. How does Finduilas die in the book?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)