|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Beleg after mistaking him for an Orc?
2. What carries Fingon up to a rock to release the man Morgoth tied to a rock by his wrist?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An owl.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A blackbird.
3. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
4. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of the Return of the Noldor.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of Feanor and his Sons.
5. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
2. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
3. Who commands Morgoth's troops in Chapter 18?
4. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
5. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Men who dwell on Numenor protected?
2. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
3. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
4. How does Fingon defeat the dragon Glaurung?
5. How does Aredhel die in the book?
6. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
7. What are Earendil's two purposes as lord of the people of Sirion?
8. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
9. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
10. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)