|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships does Turgon have made by Cirdan to send messengers to Valar?
2. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
3. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
4. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Turgon and Turin.
(b) Hurin and Huor.
(c) Elendil and Earendil.
(d) Maeglin and Maiar.
5. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
(a) The Orcs.
(b) The Balrogs.
(c) The Dwarves.
(d) The Avari.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are victorious against the Orcs in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the Dwarf-made necklace that held the Silmarils?
3. Who is the only Man to join the Eldar in Valinor?
4. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
5. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
2. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
3. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
4. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
5. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
6. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
7. How are the Men who dwell on Numenor protected?
8. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
9. How do Maeglin and Aredhel escape to Gondolin?
10. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)