|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
2. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
3. Who meets Tuor and guides him to Turgon?
4. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
5. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Mim in the book?
2. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
3. In which direction do the Men move in order to avoid the dark during their first appearance?
4. Who builds the city of Gondolin?
5. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
2. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
3. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
4. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
5. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
6. How does Aredhel die in the book?
7. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
8. How does Feanor die in the book?
9. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
10. How do Maeglin and Aredhel escape to Gondolin?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)