|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chapter 17 of the book?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of the Coming of Men into the West.
2. What is the name of the person who is jealous of King Thingol's love for Turin and mocks him?
3. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
4. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
5. What is the name of the land between Valinor and Middle-earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protect the people of Numenor?
2. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
3. What is the name of the Elf who raises Tuor?
4. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
5. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
2. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
3. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
4. How does Finduilas die in the book?
5. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
6. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
7. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
8. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
9. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
10. What are Earendil's two purposes as lord of the people of Sirion?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)