|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
2. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
3. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
(a) Of Men.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) Of the Return of the Noldor.
(d) Of Feanor and his Sons.
4. What is the relationship between Inziladun and Gimilkhad in the book?
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Father and son.
5. What is the name of Dior's daughter who escapes with the Silmaril after she is killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 15 of the book?
2. Who defeats the Orcs in Chapter 14?
3. Who builds the city of Gondolin?
4. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
5. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aredhel die in the book?
2. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
3. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
4. How are the Men who dwell on Numenor protected?
5. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
6. What does Morgoth do to Maedhros after promising him a Silmaril?
7. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
8. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
9. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
10. How does Finduilas die in the book?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)