|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Elf who raises Tuor?
2. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
3. What is the name of Chapter 17 of the book?
(a) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of Thingol and Melian.
(d) Of the Coming of Men into the West.
4. Who kills Mim in the book?
5. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
2. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
3. Who kills Beleg after mistaking him for an Orc?
4. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
5. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Men who dwell on Numenor protected?
2. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
3. How does Feanor die in the book?
4. How do Maeglin and Aredhel escape to Gondolin?
5. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
6. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
7. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
8. How does Nienor learn that Turin was her brother?
9. How does Aredhel die in the book?
10. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)