|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
2. Who defeats the Orcs in Chapter 14?
(a) Manwe and Ulmo.
(b) Tulkas and Turin.
(c) Fingolfin and Maedhros.
(d) The Avari.
3. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
4. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
5. What is the name of Gwindor's land where he and Turin go to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
2. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
3. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
4. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
5. Who does Morgoth command Sauron find and destroy at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
2. How does Feanor die in the book?
3. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
4. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
5. How do Beren and Luthien fall in love?
6. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
7. How is Aman lost from Men forever?
8. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
9. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
10. How does Fingon defeat the dragon Glaurung?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)