|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defeats the Orcs in Chapter 14?
(a) The Avari.
(b) Fingolfin and Maedhros.
(c) Tulkas and Turin.
(d) Manwe and Ulmo.
2. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
3. Who allies themselves with Maedhros in Chapter 18?
(a) The Maiar.
(b) The Nordor.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Swarthy Men.
4. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
5. Who does Turgon's sister decide to seek after leaving Gondolin?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The sons of Feanor.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gwindor's land where he and Turin go to stay?
2. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
3. What is the name of Gelmir's brother who witnesses his death?
4. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
5. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fingon defeat the dragon Glaurung?
2. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
3. How is Aman lost from Men forever?
4. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
5. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
6. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
7. How do Maeglin and Aredhel escape to Gondolin?
8. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
9. How does Aredhel die in the book?
10. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)