|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gwindor's daughter who is killed?
2. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
3. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Turgon and Turin.
(b) Elendil and Earendil.
(c) Hurin and Huor.
(d) Maeglin and Maiar.
4. Who does Turgon's sister decide to seek after leaving Gondolin?
(a) The sons of Feanor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
5. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
(d) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
2. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
3. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
4. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
5. What are the Men who fight for the Valar in the Great Battle called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
2. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
3. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
4. How does Aredhel die in the book?
5. How does Morgoth learn about Gondolin?
6. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
7. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
8. What does Maeglin ask from Morgoth in exchange for the location of Gondolin?
9. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
10. How is Aman lost from Men forever?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)