|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
(a) Elendil and Turgon.
(b) Indis and Namo.
(d) Fingolfin and Finarfin.
2. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
(c) The Land of Aman.
3. What is the name of Feanor's second wife?
4. Who is the king of the Valar when it is first created?
5. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
2. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
3. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
4. Who plants seeds to bring order to Ea?
5. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens after Iluvator creates the Ainur to sing for him.
2. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
3. How are the Orcs created?
4. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
5. How do the Valar refortify Valinor in Chapter 12?
6. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
7. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
8. How are Orome's followers first described?
9. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
10. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)