|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plants seeds to bring order to Ea?
2. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
3. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The water.
(b) The moon.
(c) The mountains.
4. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Gives them away.
(c) Sinks them.
(d) Burns them.
5. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the king of the Valar when it is first created?
2. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
3. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
4. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
5. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Teleri act towards Feanor when he tries to leave for Middle-earth?
2. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
3. How does Finduilas die in the book?
4. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
5. How is Gorlim tricked into revealing the location of Barahir?
6. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
7. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
8. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
9. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
10. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)