|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
2. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
3. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
(a) They are immortal.
(b) They have large ears.
(c) They are very tall.
(d) They are blue.
4. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
5. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11?
3. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
4. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
5. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Dwarves give the Sindar arms?
2. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
3. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
4. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
5. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
6. How is the Isle of Balar created?
7. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
8. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
9. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
10. Describe what happens after Iluvator creates the Ainur to sing for him.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)