|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Elves and Valar.
(b) Men and Dwarves.
(c) Elves and Men.
(d) Dwarves and Elves.
2. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
3. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(c) Tol Eressea.
4. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(c) The Noldor.
(d) The Eldar.
5. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's first child?
2. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
5. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
2. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
3. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
4. How do the Teleri act towards Feanor when he tries to leave for Middle-earth?
5. How are the Orcs created?
6. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
7. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
8. How are the Silmarils created?
9. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
10. How is Tulkas' search for Melkor described in the book?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)