|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
2. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Feanor and the Eldar.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The Dwarves.
3. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
4. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Great Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
5. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of the island that breaks in half when the Valinor are on it?
4. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
5. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
2. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
3. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
4. Describe what happens after Iluvator creates the Ainur to sing for him.
5. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
6. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
7. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
8. How are the Lonely Islands created?
9. How are the Orcs created?
10. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)