|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
2. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Sinks them.
(c) Gives them away.
(d) Burns them.
3. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The Valar.
(d) The stars.
4. What is the name of the island that breaks in half when the Valinor are on it?
5. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
2. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
3. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
4. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
5. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
2. How are the eight High Ones of Arda first described?
3. How are the Maiar first described in the book?
4. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
5. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
6. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
7. How do the Valar refortify Valinor in Chapter 12?
8. How are Orome's followers first described?
9. How are the Orcs created?
10. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)