|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
2. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Finwe's death.
(b) Feanor's departure.
(c) Fingolfin's death.
(d) The Trees of Valinor.
3. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
4. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
5. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(a) The Outer Lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
2. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
3. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's first child?
4. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
5. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
2. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
3. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
4. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
5. How are the Lonely Islands created?
6. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
7. How do the Valar refortify Valinor in Chapter 12?
8. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
9. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
10. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)