|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Peter Jackson.
(c) Steven King.
(d) J.R.R. Tolkien.
2. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
(d) The Land of Aman.
3. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
4. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(a) The Noldor.
(c) The Eldar.
5. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Silmaril.
(b) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(c) The Rings of Power.
(d) The Palanteri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 11?
2. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
3. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
4. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
5. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
2. How do the Teleri act towards Feanor when he tries to leave for Middle-earth?
3. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
4. How are Orome's followers first described?
5. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
6. How are the Silmarils created?
7. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
8. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
9. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
10. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)