|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(b) The Silmaril.
(c) The Rings of Power.
(d) The Palanteri.
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
4. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
5. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
(a) Build ships.
(b) Make food.
(c) Kill others.
(d) Make weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
2. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
3. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
4. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
5. What are the Elves that do not follow Orome called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Isle of Balar created?
2. How is Feanor's birth described in the book?
3. How are the Maiar first described in the book?
4. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
5. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
6. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
7. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
8. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
9. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
10. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)