Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The water.
(b) The mountains.
(d) The moon.
2. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
3. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
4. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
5. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
2. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
3. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
4. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
5. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
2. How are Sauron's actions described when he returns to Middle-earth after the Great Battle?
3. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
4. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
5. How does Melkor steal the Silmarils?
6. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
7. How is the ring Sauron creates described?
8. Why does Eol forbid Maeglin to go to Gondolin?
9. What does Morgoth do to Maedhros after promising him a Silmaril?
10. What circumstances lead to King Thingol's death in the book?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)