|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
(a) Entrances by water only.
(b) One pass.
(c) Two passes.
(d) No entrances.
2. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
3. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
4. What is the name of the island that breaks in half when the Valinor are on it?
5. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
2. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
3. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
4. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
5. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Maiar first described in the book?
2. How are the Silmarils created?
3. Why do the Dwarves give the Sindar arms?
4. How do the Valar refortify Valinor in Chapter 12?
5. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
6. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
7. How are the Orcs created?
8. How is the Isle of Balar created?
9. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
10. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)