|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
2. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The Great Sea.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
3. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
4. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
(a) In a necklace.
(b) On a watch.
(c) In his crown.
(d) In a ring.
5. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
2. Who is the king of the Valar when it is first created?
3. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
5. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
2. How are the Silmarils created?
3. How are the eight High Ones of Arda first described?
4. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
5. Describe what happens after Iluvator creates the Ainur to sing for him.
6. How is Tulkas' search for Melkor described in the book?
7. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
8. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
9. How is Feanor's birth described in the book?
10. How are the Lonely Islands created?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)