|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
2. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
3. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
4. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Rings of Power.
(b) The Palanteri.
(c) The Silmaril.
(d) The Two Trees of Valinor.
5. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
2. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
3. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
4. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
5. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Orcs created?
2. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
3. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
4. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
5. How is Feanor's birth described in the book?
6. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
7. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
8. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
9. How is Tulkas' search for Melkor described in the book?
10. What happens when Men and Elves become estranged in Chapter 12?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)