|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
2. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
3. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
4. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
5. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the High King of the Elves?
2. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
3. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
5. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
2. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
3. What happens to Dior Thingol when Feanor's sons learn she has a Silmaril?
4. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
5. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
6. How are the Two Trees of Valinor created?
7. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
8. How are Sauron's actions described when he returns to Middle-earth after the Great Battle?
9. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
10. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)