|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
2. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
3. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
4. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
5. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
2. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
5. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
2. How does Melkor steal the Silmarils?
3. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
4. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
5. How are the Orcs created?
6. How is the Isle of Balar created?
7. How are the Sindar first described in the book?
8. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
9. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
10. How is Feanor's birth described in the book?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)