|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
(a) They are very tall.
(b) They have large ears.
(c) They are immortal.
(d) They are blue.
2. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
3. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(d) The Outer Lands.
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
5. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(b) The mountains.
(c) The moon.
(d) The water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
2. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
3. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
4. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
5. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
2. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
3. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
4. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
5. Why do the Dwarves give the Sindar arms?
6. How is Feanor's birth described in the book?
7. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
8. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
9. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
10. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)