Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(c) The Noldor.
(d) The Eldar.
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
5. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
2. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
3. What is the name of the species that Melkor creates using the Elves found by Orome?
4. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
5. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
2. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
3. How is the ring Sauron creates described?
4. How is Fegalund's association with Men first described in the book?
5. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
6. What is the nature of Galadriel's advice to Melian and King Thingol?
7. How do Luthien and Beren steal a Silmaril from Morgoth?
8. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
9. What happens when Ar-Pharazon takes over Numenor?
10. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)