|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Sinks them.
(d) Gives them away.
2. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
3. Who is the High King of the Elves?
4. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
5. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
2. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
3. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
4. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
5. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
2. How do the Teleri act towards Feanor when he tries to leave for Middle-earth?
3. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
4. Why do the Dwarves give the Sindar arms?
5. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
6. How is Tulkas' search for Melkor described in the book?
7. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
8. How are Orome's followers first described?
9. How is Feanor's birth described in the book?
10. How are the Silmarils created?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)