|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) The History of the Silmarils.
(b) Of Beren and Luthien.
(c) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
3. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
4. Who dies much easier in the battle against Melkor in Chapter 12?
5. Who is the High King of the Elves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Valier rule in Valar?
2. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
3. What is the title of Chapter 12?
4. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
5. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
2. How are the Silmarils created?
3. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
4. Describe what happens after Iluvator creates the Ainur to sing for him.
5. How do the Valar refortify Valinor in Chapter 12?
6. How is Melkor treated after he is released from his three age long imprisonment?
7. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
8. How are Orome's followers first described?
9. How is Maia and Elwe's relationship described?
10. How is Aule's creation of the Dwarves described?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)