|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
2. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
3. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
4. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
5. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Great Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
2. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Sauron's actions described when he returns to Middle-earth after the Great Battle?
2. How does Aredhel die in the book?
3. How is Iluvatar's creation of Ea described?
4. What realization does the Eldar have after Beor dies?
5. How is Tulkas' search for Melkor described in the book?
6. Describe the feast that Melkor and Ungoliant attend when they sneak into the Land of Aman.
7. How is hope momentarily regained in the third age before Sauron returned?
8. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
9. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
10. What are some of the signs of Sauron's return to Middle-earth?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)