|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
(a) They are immortal.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They are blue.
(d) They have large ears.
2. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
3. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The sun.
(b) The stars.
(c) The Valar.
(d) The moon.
4. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
5. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
(a) Kill others.
(b) Build ships.
(c) Make weapons.
(d) Make food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the High King of the Elves?
2. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
3. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
4. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
5. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Silmarils created?
2. How does Melkor steal the Silmarils?
3. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
4. How does Melkor react to the creation of the sun?
5. How is the Isle of Balar created?
6. Describe what happens after Iluvator creates the Ainur to sing for him.
7. How do the Teleri act towards Feanor when he tries to leave for Middle-earth?
8. How are the Two Trees of Valinor destroyed?
9. How are the differences between Men and Elves first described?
10. How are the Valar's actions described when they aid Arda in its first war?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)