|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
2. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
3. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
4. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
5. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
3. What is the title of Chapter 12?
4. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
5. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Valar create the sun and moon for Middle-earth?
2. Why are the Men of Numenor forbidden to sail westward out of sight of the city?
3. How are the Maiar first described in the book?
4. How does Melkor come to be imprisoned in Mandos?
5. What happens when Maglor and Maedhros try to steal the Silmarils?
6. How is Azaghal killed in the book?
7. How does Fingon save Maedhros?
8. What is the nature of Manwe's decree for Earendil and his family?
9. How is Aman lost from Men forever?
10. How does Fingolfin die in the book?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)