|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Chapter 17 of the book?
(a) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of the Coming of Men into the West.
2. Who protect the people of Numenor?
(a) The Elves.
(b) The Dwarves.
(c) The Valar.
3. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
4. Who does Morgoth command Sauron find and destroy at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What is the name of the Dwarf-made necklace that held the Silmarils?
6. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
7. In which direction do the Men move in order to avoid the dark during their first appearance?
8. Who is the only Man to join the Eldar in Valinor?
9. Whose feast does Eol attend when his wife and son leave for Gondolin?
(a) The Dwarves.
(b) The Eldar.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The Valar.
10. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
11. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
12. What is the name of the child Luthien and Beren have together?
(b) Dior Aranel.
13. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
14. What is the name of the person who is jealous of King Thingol's love for Turin and mocks him?
15. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who locks Morgoth into the Timeless Void?
2. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
3. How many ships does Turgon have made by Cirdan to send messengers to Valar?
4. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
5. Who does Morgoth offer a Silmaril but instead hangs him by his wrist from a rock?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)