|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Hurin and Huor.
(b) Turgon and Turin.
(c) Elendil and Earendil.
(d) Maeglin and Maiar.
2. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
3. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
4. What is the name of the Elf who raises Tuor?
5. Who locks Morgoth into the Timeless Void?
6. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
7. What is the name of Chapter 17 of the book?
(a) Of the Coming of Men into the West.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of Feanor and his Sons.
8. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
9. What is the name of the king that joins Beren to search for Morgoth?
10. What is the name of Gorlim's wife who is lost?
11. Who builds the city of Gondolin?
12. What carries Fingon up to a rock to release the man Morgoth tied to a rock by his wrist?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A blackbird.
(c) An owl.
(d) A seagull.
13. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
14. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
(a) The Dwarves.
(b) The Balrogs.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Orcs.
15. What is the name of Gwindor's land where he and Turin go to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Mim in the book?
2. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
3. Who defeats the Orcs in Chapter 14?
4. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
5. What is the name of the person who is jealous of King Thingol's love for Turin and mocks him?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)