|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
(a) The Avari.
(b) The Noldors.
(c) The Bairogs.
(d) The Valar.
2. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
(b) Tol Eressea.
3. What is Amandil ordered to cut down but secretly preserves?
(a) The White Tree.
(b) The rings of power.
(c) The Laurelin.
(d) The Palanteri.
4. Who does Ar-Pharazon marry against her will?
5. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
6. What is the name of Gwindor's daughter who is killed?
7. Who locks Morgoth into the Timeless Void?
8. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
9. What is the name of Chapter 17 of the book?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of the Coming of Men into the West.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of Feanor and his Sons.
10. How many years does Barahir's son wander Dorthoinian in search of the Hidden Kingdom?
11. What is the name of the Dwarf-made necklace that held the Silmarils?
12. Who warns Turgon of building Gondolin in the hidden vale?
13. What is the name of the person who is jealous of King Thingol's love for Turin and mocks him?
14. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
15. Who allies themselves with Maedhros in Chapter 18?
(a) The Avari.
(b) The Maiar.
(c) The Nordor.
(d) The Swarthy Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
3. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
4. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
5. What is the name of Turgon's sister who leaves Gondolin out of boredom?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)