|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Aunt and nephew.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Father and daughter.
2. Who meets Tuor and guides him to Turgon?
3. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
4. How many years does Barahir's son wander Dorthoinian in search of the Hidden Kingdom?
5. What is Amandil ordered to cut down but secretly preserves?
(a) The rings of power.
(b) The White Tree.
(c) The Palanteri.
(d) The Laurelin.
6. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
7. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
8. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
9. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
(a) The Bairogs.
(b) The Noldors.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Valar.
10. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
(a) Father and son.
11. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
12. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
13. Who are victorious against the Orcs in Chapter 13?
(a) The Dwarves.
(b) The Noldor.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Eldar.
14. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Elendil and Earendil.
(b) Maeglin and Maiar.
(c) Turgon and Turin.
(d) Hurin and Huor.
15. Who drives a knife into Glaurung's belly but is killed by the monster?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
2. How many ships does Turgon have made by Cirdan to send messengers to Valar?
3. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
4. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
5. Who kills Beleg after mistaking him for an Orc?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)