|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
2. What is the name of the land whose people ally themselves with the Dwarves?
3. What is the title of Chapter 15 of the book?
(a) Of the Noldor in Beleriand.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of the Sindar.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
4. What is the relationship between Inziladun and Gimilkhad in the book?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(c) Father and son.
5. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
(b) Tol Eressea.
6. Who falls in love with Turgon's sister and they become married?
7. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
8. Who commands Morgoth's troops in Chapter 18?
(c) The Dwarves.
9. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
10. What is the name of the land between Valinor and Middle-earth?
11. What are the Men who fight for the Valar in the Great Battle called?
12. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
13. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
14. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
15. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Aunt and nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
2. Who is the twentieth king of Numenor and forbids elven tongues?
3. Who does Morgoth offer a Silmaril but instead hangs him by his wrist from a rock?
4. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
5. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)