|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Morgoth the location of Gondolin?
2. What does Ulmo make Elwing to help her escape with the Silmaril?
(a) A bird.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) An elf.
3. What is the name of the child Luthien and Beren have together?
(b) Dior Aranel.
4. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
(a) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of the Return of the Noldor.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
5. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
6. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
7. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Turgon and Turin.
(b) Maeglin and Maiar.
(c) Elendil and Earendil.
(d) Hurin and Huor.
8. How many ships does Turgon have made by Cirdan to send messengers to Valar?
9. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
10. How many years does Barahir's son wander Dorthoinian in search of the Hidden Kingdom?
11. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
(a) The Bairogs.
(b) The Avari.
(c) The Valar.
(d) The Noldors.
12. What is the name of Aredhel and Eol's son?
13. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
14. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
15. What is the name of Turgon's sister who leaves Gondolin out of boredom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who allies themselves with Maedhros in Chapter 18?
2. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
3. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
4. Who drives a knife into Glaurung's belly but is killed by the monster?
5. Who does Turgon's sister decide to seek after leaving Gondolin?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)