|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
2. Who is the twentieth king of Numenor and forbids elven tongues?
(d) King Thingol.
3. What does Ulmo make Elwing to help her escape with the Silmaril?
(a) An elf.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A dwarf.
(d) A bird.
4. Who kills Beleg after mistaking him for an Orc?
5. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Maeglin and Maiar.
(b) Elendil and Earendil.
(c) Turgon and Turin.
(d) Hurin and Huor.
6. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
7. What is the name of Gwindor's daughter who is killed?
8. Who are victorious against the Orcs in Chapter 13?
(a) The Eldar.
(b) The Noldor.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Dwarves.
9. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
10. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
11. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
12. Who warns Turgon of building Gondolin in the hidden vale?
13. What is the name of the Dwarf-made necklace that held the Silmarils?
14. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
15. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
(a) Of the Return of the Noldor.
(b) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
2. Who kills Glaurung in the book?
3. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
4. What is the title of Chapter 15 of the book?
5. Who locks Morgoth into the Timeless Void?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)