|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
2. What is the name of Gelmir's brother who witnesses his death?
3. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
4. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
5. What does Ulmo make Elwing to help her escape with the Silmaril?
(a) An elf.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A bird.
6. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
7. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
8. Who kills Mim in the book?
9. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
10. What is the title of Chapter 15 of the book?
(a) Of the Sindar.
(b) Of the Noldor in Beleriand.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
11. Who is the only Man to join the Eldar in Valinor?
12. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
13. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
14. Who tells Morgoth the location of Gondolin?
15. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
2. Who allies themselves with Maedhros in Chapter 18?
3. Who protect the people of Numenor?
4. Who locks Morgoth into the Timeless Void?
5. What is the relationship between Inziladun and Gimilkhad in the book?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)