|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
(c) Tol Eressea.
2. Who kills Fingolfin?
3. What is the name of Turgon's sister who leaves Gondolin out of boredom?
4. Who warns Turgon of building Gondolin in the hidden vale?
5. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
6. What is the name of the Dwarf that Turin seizes and holds for ransom?
7. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
8. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
9. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
10. Who is the twentieth king of Numenor and forbids elven tongues?
(d) King Thingol.
11. Who is the only Man to join the Eldar in Valinor?
12. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
13. Who commands Morgoth's troops in Chapter 18?
(d) The Dwarves.
14. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
(a) The Dwarves.
(b) The Avari.
(c) The Balrogs.
(d) The Orcs.
15. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
2. Who does Ar-Pharazon marry against her will?
3. What carries Fingon up to a rock to release the man Morgoth tied to a rock by his wrist?
4. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
5. What is Amandil ordered to cut down but secretly preserves?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)