|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
(d) Tol Eressea.
2. Who tells Morgoth the location of Gondolin?
3. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
4. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
5. What is the name of Turgon's sister who leaves Gondolin out of boredom?
6. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
7. In which direction do the Men move in order to avoid the dark during their first appearance?
8. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
9. Who are victorious against the Orcs in Chapter 13?
(a) The Eldar.
(b) The Noldor.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Dwarves.
10. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
11. What is the name of Morgoth's guard who Luthien makes fall asleep?
12. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
13. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
14. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
15. What is the name of Amandil's son he helps flee from Numenor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
2. What is the name of the Elf who raises Tuor?
3. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
4. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
5. Who is the only Man to join the Eldar in Valinor?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)