|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only Elf that wants to attack Morgoth during the time of peace?
2. Who warns Turgon of building Gondolin in the hidden vale?
3. Who tells Melian and King Thingol about the Silmarils and warns against trusting Feanor's sons?
4. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
5. What is the name of the Dwarf-made necklace that held the Silmarils?
6. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
7. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
8. What is the name of the child Luthien and Beren have together?
(c) Dior Aranel.
9. Who kills Fingolfin?
10. What is the title of Chapter 15 of the book?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of the Sindar.
(c) Of the Noldor in Beleriand.
(d) Of Men.
11. Who kills Maeglin in the book?
12. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
13. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
(a) The Orcs.
(b) The Dwarves.
(c) The Balrogs.
(d) The Avari.
14. Who does Turgon's sister decide to seek after leaving Gondolin?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) The sons of Feanor.
(d) Her brother.
15. What is the name of Amandil's son he helps flee from Numenor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What carries Fingon up to a rock to release the man Morgoth tied to a rock by his wrist?
2. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
3. What does Ulmo make Elwing to help her escape with the Silmaril?
4. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
5. What are the Men who fight for the Valar in the Great Battle called?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)