|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
2. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
3. Where does Tuor find Turgon's arms and swords?
4. What is the name of the land between Valinor and Middle-earth?
5. What is the name of the king who refuses to permit the Noldor to live in his lands?
6. Who falls in love with Turgon's sister and they become married?
7. In which direction do the Men move in order to avoid the dark during their first appearance?
8. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
(d) Tol Eressea.
9. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
10. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
11. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
12. What is the title of Chapter 15 of the book?
(a) Of the Noldor in Beleriand.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) Of Men.
(d) Of the Sindar.
13. Who does Turgon's sister decide to seek after leaving Gondolin?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The sons of Feanor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
14. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
15. What is the name of Gwindor's land where he and Turin go to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gwindor's daughter who is killed?
2. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
3. What is the name of the land whose people ally themselves with the Dwarves?
4. Who kills Glaurung in the book?
5. Who kills Beleg after mistaking him for an Orc?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)