|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who builds the city of Nargothrond?
2. Who builds the city of Gondolin?
3. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Aunt and nephew.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
4. Who are victorious against the Orcs in Chapter 13?
(a) The Dwarves.
(b) The Eldar.
(c) The Noldor.
(d) The Avari.
5. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
6. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
7. Who drives a knife into Glaurung's belly but is killed by the monster?
8. Who kills Mim in the book?
9. What is the name of the land between Valinor and Middle-earth?
10. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
11. What is the name of the land whose people ally themselves with the Dwarves?
12. Who does Morgoth offer a Silmaril but instead hangs him by his wrist from a rock?
13. Who gives Eol the choice of living or dying at Gondolin?
14. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
(a) Father and son.
15. Who protect the people of Numenor?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Elves.
(c) The Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
2. What is the name of Aredhel and Eol's son?
3. Who warns Turgon of building Gondolin in the hidden vale?
4. What is the name of Turgon's sister who leaves Gondolin out of boredom?
5. What is the name of the king that joins Beren to search for Morgoth?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)