|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What carries Fingon up to a rock to release the man Morgoth tied to a rock by his wrist?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A blackbird.
(c) An owl.
(d) A seagull.
2. Who kills Mim in the book?
3. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
4. Who appears to Tuor and bids him to seek Gondolin?
5. Whose feast does Eol attend when his wife and son leave for Gondolin?
(a) The Eldar.
(b) The Valar.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The Dwarves.
6. What is the name of Chapter 17 of the book?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of the Coming of Men into the West.
(c) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(d) Of Men.
7. How many ships does Turgon have made by Cirdan to send messengers to Valar?
8. What is the name of the king that joins Beren to search for Morgoth?
9. What are the Men who fight for the Valar in the Great Battle called?
10. What is the name of Turgon's daughter whom Maeglin loves?
11. What does Eol throw at Maeglin but causes Aredhel to die?
(a) A stick.
(b) A rock.
(c) A javelin.
(d) A knife.
12. Who locks Morgoth into the Timeless Void?
13. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
14. What is the name of Dior's daughter who escapes with the Silmaril after she is killed?
15. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Noldors.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Bairogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
2. What is the name of the land whose people ally themselves with the Dwarves?
3. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
4. What is Amandil ordered to cut down but secretly preserves?
5. What is the name of Gorlim's wife who is lost?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)