|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king that joins Beren to search for Morgoth?
2. Who is the twenty-third king of Numenor and punishes Men who welcome the Elves?
(d) Tol Eressea.
3. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
4. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
(a) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) Of the Return of the Noldor.
(d) Of Men.
5. What is the relationship between Inziladun and Gimilkhad in the book?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Mother and daughter.
6. Who drives a knife into Glaurung's belly but is killed by the monster?
7. What is the relationship between Morwen and Hurin?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
8. What is the name of the ship Earendil and Cirdan build?
9. Who travels to Gondolin and promises Turgon not to reveal its location when they leave?
(a) Turgon and Turin.
(b) Elendil and Earendil.
(c) Hurin and Huor.
(d) Maeglin and Maiar.
10. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
11. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
12. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
13. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
14. What is the name of Amandil's son he helps flee from Numenor?
15. Who is Beren enchanted by who is also the daughter of King Thingol?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are victorious against the Orcs in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the child Luthien and Beren have together?
3. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
4. Who falls in love with Turgon's sister and they become married?
5. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)