|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Middle-earth recognizes the Silmaril when others believed it to be a star?
2. How many times does Feanor curse Morgoth as he dies?
3. Who protect the people of Numenor?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Elves.
(d) The Dwarves.
4. What does Eol throw at Maeglin but causes Aredhel to die?
(a) A stick.
(b) A rock.
(c) A javelin.
(d) A knife.
5. What is the name of the Elf who raises Tuor?
6. Who accidentally encounters Men and abides with them, playing music and teaching them wisdom?
7. Who does Tuor meet and marry?
8. What is the name of Aredhel and Eol's son?
9. Who builds the city of Gondolin?
10. Who does Morgoth offer a Silmaril but instead hangs him by his wrist from a rock?
11. What is the name of the king that joins Beren to search for Morgoth?
12. Who returns to Middle-earth but stripped of his disguise and appearing fair?
13. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
14. In which direction do the Men move in order to avoid the dark during their first appearance?
15. Who guards Morgoth in the Timeless Void?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Halad's daughter take her people after her father's death?
2. Who meets Tuor and guides him to Turgon?
3. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
4. Who does Morgoth command Sauron find and destroy at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Who is the twentieth king of Numenor and forbids elven tongues?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)