|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amandil ordered to cut down but secretly preserves?
(a) The Palanteri.
(b) The White Tree.
(c) The Laurelin.
(d) The rings of power.
2. Who attacks Feanor, causing him fatal injuries?
(a) The Orcs.
(b) The Dwarves.
(c) The Avari.
(d) The Balrogs.
3. What is the name of Amandil's son he helps flee from Numenor?
4. Where does King Thingol refuse to allow Men to enter in Chapter 17?
5. How many years does Turn battle in the wilderness after leaving his home?
6. What is the name of Turgon's sister who leaves Gondolin out of boredom?
7. What is the name of Hurin's daughter?
8. What carries Fingon up to a rock to release the man Morgoth tied to a rock by his wrist?
(a) An owl.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A blackbird.
9. What is the title of Chapter 13 of the book?
(a) Of the Return of the Noldor.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of Feanor and his Sons.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
10. What is the relationship between Elrond and Elros?
(a) Father and son.
11. Who falls in love with Turgon's sister and they become married?
12. What is the name of Gwindor's daughter who is killed?
13. What is the name of Halad's daughter who rules over her people after her father dies?
14. What is the name of Gelmir's brother who witnesses his death?
15. What is the name of the land whose people ally themselves with the Dwarves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eol hate and not trust?
2. Who does Curufin tell Luthien she must marry when he captures her?
3. Who chooses to be a king of Men and is given an abnormally long life?
4. What is the relationship between Inziladun and Gimilkhad in the book?
5. What is the name of Barahir's son who is the only one to survive in his family?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)