|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
2. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
3. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
5. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
(a) Make food.
(b) Kill others.
(c) Build ships.
(d) Make weapons.
6. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
7. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Sinks them.
(b) Gives them away.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Sells them.
8. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Rings of Power.
(b) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(c) The Palanteri.
(d) The Silmaril.
9. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
10. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
11. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
12. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
13. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
14. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
15. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
(a) Two passes.
(b) Entrances by water only.
(c) No entrances.
(d) One pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
3. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
4. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
5. What is the title of Chapter 11?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)