|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
2. Who is the king of the Valar when it is first created?
3. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
4. Who is the High King of the Elves?
5. What are the Elves that do not follow Orome called?
(a) The Ainur.
(b) The Eldar.
(c) The Nordor.
(d) The Avari.
6. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
7. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
8. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
9. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Men and Dwarves.
(b) Elves and Men.
(c) Dwarves and Elves.
(d) Elves and Valar.
10. Who is the author of the book?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) Peter Jackson.
(d) Steven King.
11. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
12. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
13. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
14. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
(a) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) A star.
15. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(b) Tol Eressea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
2. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
3. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
4. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
5. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)