|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
3. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
4. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
5. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
6. Who is the High King of the Elves?
7. What are the Elves that do not follow Orome called?
(a) The Avari.
(b) The Nordor.
(c) The Eldar.
(d) The Ainur.
8. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
9. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Great Sea.
10. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
11. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
12. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
(a) A star.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
13. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
14. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
(b) The Land of Aman.
15. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Elves and Men.
(b) Elves and Valar.
(c) Dwarves and Elves.
(d) Men and Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
2. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
3. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
4. What is the title of Chapter 12?
5. Who appeals to his father to restrain Feanor during a council called after Feanor openly rebels against the Valar?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)