|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeals to his father to restrain Feanor during a council called after Feanor openly rebels against the Valar?
2. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
3. What is the name of the species that Melkor creates using the Elves found by Orome?
4. What is the name of Feanor's second wife?
5. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
6. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) The Trees of Valinor.
(b) Fingolfin's death.
(c) Finwe's death.
(d) Feanor's departure.
7. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
8. What are the Valar destined to be over the Elves and Men of Arda?
9. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The sun.
(b) The Valar.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
10. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
11. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
12. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(d) Tol Eressea.
13. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
14. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
15. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
2. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
3. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
4. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
5. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)