|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) Of Feanor.
(b) Of the Sun and Moon.
(c) Of Thingol and Melian.
(d) Of Men.
2. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
3. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
4. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
5. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
6. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
7. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) The History of the Silmarils.
(b) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(c) Of Beren and Luthien.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
8. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
9. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(a) The Noldor.
(b) The Eldar.
10. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
11. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
12. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(b) The Outer Lands.
13. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Rings of Power.
(b) The Silmaril.
(c) The Palanteri.
(d) The Two Trees of Valinor.
14. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
15. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
2. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
3. Who is the king of the Valar when it is first created?
4. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
5. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)