|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
2. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
3. Who is the High King of the Elves?
4. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
5. What is the name of the elf that becomes enchanted with Maia after hearing her singing?
6. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
7. What is the name of the island that breaks in half when the Valinor are on it?
8. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Feanor and the Eldar.
(b) The Dwarves.
(d) The Elves.
9. How many earth-gems does Feanor add light to from the Trees of Valinor?
10. Who appeals to his father to restrain Feanor during a council called after Feanor openly rebels against the Valar?
11. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
12. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
13. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
14. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The moon.
(c) The water.
(d) The mountains.
15. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
2. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
3. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
4. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
5. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)