|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
2. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
3. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of Feanor.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
4. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
5. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
6. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
7. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
8. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) The History of the Silmarils.
(d) Of Beren and Luthien.
9. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
10. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
11. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The Valar.
(d) The stars.
12. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
13. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
14. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The water.
(b) The moon.
(d) The mountains.
15. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
2. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
3. Who dies much easier in the battle against Melkor in Chapter 12?
4. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
5. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)