|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
2. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
3. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
4. Who becomes weary after the Valar have a great feast after the first war in Arda?
(a) Meiland and Fingon.
(b) Aule and Tulkas.
(c) Turin and Sauron.
(d) Ulmo and Manwe.
5. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
6. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
7. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
8. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Great Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
9. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
10. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
11. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
12. What are the Valar destined to be over the Elves and Men of Arda?
13. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Fingolfin's death.
(b) The Trees of Valinor.
(c) Finwe's death.
(d) Feanor's departure.
14. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Elves and Valar.
(b) Men and Dwarves.
(c) Dwarves and Elves.
(d) Elves and Men.
15. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of Beren and Luthien.
(b) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(c) The History of the Silmarils.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
2. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
3. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
4. How many Valier rule in Valar?
5. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)