|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeals to his father to restrain Feanor during a council called after Feanor openly rebels against the Valar?
2. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
3. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
4. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
5. What is the name of the elf that becomes enchanted with Maia after hearing her singing?
6. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
7. Who is the High King of the Elves?
8. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
9. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(b) The Dwarves.
(c) The Elves.
(d) Feanor and the Eldar.
10. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
11. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The sun.
12. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
(a) In a necklace.
(b) On a watch.
(c) In a ring.
(d) In his crown.
13. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
(a) Fingolfin and Finarfin.
(c) Indis and Namo.
(d) Elendil and Turgon.
14. What are the Valar destined to be over the Elves and Men of Arda?
15. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
2. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
3. Who is the author of the book?
4. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
5. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)