|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(c) Peter Jackson.
(d) Steven King.
2. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
3. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(d) Tol Eressea.
4. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
5. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
(a) In a necklace.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In his crown.
(d) On a watch.
6. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
7. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Dwarves and Elves.
(b) Elves and Valar.
(c) Elves and Men.
(d) Men and Dwarves.
8. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
9. What is the name of Feanor's second wife?
10. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The Valar.
11. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
12. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
13. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(b) The mountains.
(c) The moon.
(d) The water.
14. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
15. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
4. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
5. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)