|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
(a) Indis and Namo.
(b) Elendil and Turgon.
(c) Fingolfin and Finarfin.
2. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
3. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(b) The Eldar.
(c) The Noldor.
4. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Fingolfin's death.
(b) Feanor's departure.
(c) The Trees of Valinor.
(d) Finwe's death.
5. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
6. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
7. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
8. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
(a) In his crown.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In a necklace.
(d) On a watch.
9. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(d) Tol Eressea.
10. Who becomes weary after the Valar have a great feast after the first war in Arda?
(a) Ulmo and Manwe.
(b) Turin and Sauron.
(c) Aule and Tulkas.
(d) Meiland and Fingon.
11. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
12. What are the Valar destined to be over the Elves and Men of Arda?
13. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
(b) A star.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
14. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
15. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
2. What is the name of the elf that becomes enchanted with Maia after hearing her singing?
3. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
4. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
5. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)