|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
2. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
3. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
4. Who plants seeds to bring order to Ea?
5. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
6. How many Valier rule in Valar?
7. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
8. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
9. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
10. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Finwe's death.
(b) Feanor's departure.
(c) Fingolfin's death.
(d) The Trees of Valinor.
11. Who is the High King of the Elves?
12. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(b) The History of the Silmarils.
(c) Of Beren and Luthien.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
13. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
14. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Elves and Valar.
(b) Elves and Men.
(c) Dwarves and Elves.
(d) Men and Dwarves.
15. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(b) The Eldar.
(c) The Noldor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
2. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
3. Who dies much easier in the battle against Melkor in Chapter 12?
4. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
5. What are the Valar destined to be over the Elves and Men of Arda?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)