|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
2. Who becomes weary after the Valar have a great feast after the first war in Arda?
(a) Meiland and Fingon.
(b) Turin and Sauron.
(c) Aule and Tulkas.
(d) Ulmo and Manwe.
3. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
4. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
5. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
(a) Entrances by water only.
(b) Two passes.
(c) One pass.
(d) No entrances.
6. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Men and Dwarves.
(b) Dwarves and Elves.
(c) Elves and Men.
(d) Elves and Valar.
7. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
8. What is the name of Feanor's second wife?
9. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
10. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
(a) They are immortal.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They are blue.
(d) They have large ears.
11. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) The Elves.
(c) Feanor and the Eldar.
(d) The Dwarves.
12. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
13. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
14. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
15. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Great Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Red Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
2. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
3. Who dies much easier in the battle against Melkor in Chapter 12?
4. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
5. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)