|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
2. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
3. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
4. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
5. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
6. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
7. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The stars.
(b) The Valar.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
8. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Great Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
9. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Elves and Men.
(b) Dwarves and Elves.
(c) Elves and Valar.
(d) Men and Dwarves.
10. How many earth-gems does Feanor add light to from the Trees of Valinor?
11. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
12. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
13. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
14. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
15. Who puts stars in the sky to provide light to the Outer Lands?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
2. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
3. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
4. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
5. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)