|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(a) Tol Eressea.
2. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
(a) Dwarves and Elves.
(b) Elves and Valar.
(c) Men and Dwarves.
(d) Elves and Men.
3. How many Valier rule in Valar?
4. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
5. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(c) The Outer Lands.
6. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
7. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
8. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
9. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
10. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
11. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
12. Who dies much easier in the battle against Melkor in Chapter 12?
13. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of the Sun and Moon.
(d) Of Feanor.
14. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
15. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
2. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
3. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
4. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
5. Who is the High King of the Elves?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)