|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plants seeds to bring order to Ea?
2. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
3. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
4. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The water.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The moon.
5. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
6. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Great Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
7. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
8. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
9. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(b) Of Thingol and Melian.
(c) Of Beren and Luthien.
(d) The History of the Silmarils.
10. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
11. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
12. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
13. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
14. Who is the High King of the Elves?
15. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
2. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
5. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)