|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
2. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(b) The Silmaril.
(c) The Palanteri.
(d) The Rings of Power.
3. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
4. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Steven King.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(c) Peter Jackson.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
5. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
6. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
7. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
8. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
9. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(a) The Outer Lands.
10. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
11. Who dies much easier in the battle against Melkor in Chapter 12?
12. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(c) The History of the Silmarils.
(d) Of Beren and Luthien.
13. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
14. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
15. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
2. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
3. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
4. What do the Noldor name Melkor as the dark enemy of the world?
5. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's first child?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)