|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Rings of Power.
(b) The Palanteri.
(c) The Silmaril.
(d) The Two Trees of Valinor.
2. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
3. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
4. What does Melkor attack but fails, becoming more closely bound to the earth?
(b) A star.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
6. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
7. What is the name of the island that breaks in half when the Valinor are on it?
8. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
9. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(b) The History of the Silmarils.
(c) Of Beren and Luthien.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
10. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
11. Who appeals to his father to restrain Feanor during a council called after Feanor openly rebels against the Valar?
12. Who is the son of Lenwe who fears for his people's safety against evil and later dies?
13. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Feanor and the Eldar.
(b) The Elves.
(c) The Dwarves.
14. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
15. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 12?
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. What are the two races of children of Iluvatar?
4. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
5. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)