|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
2. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(b) Tol Eressea.
3. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon.
(b) Of Men.
(c) Of Feanor.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
4. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
5. What are the Valar destined to be over the Elves and Men of Arda?
6. How many sons does Feanor's first wife bear him?
7. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
8. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
9. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
10. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
11. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Gives them away.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Sinks them.
12. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
(a) On a watch.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In a necklace.
(d) In his crown.
13. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
14. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
15. What do the Valar create to refortify Valinor after remembering Melkor's destruction of Almaren?
(a) No entrances.
(b) One pass.
(c) Two passes.
(d) Entrances by water only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
2. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
3. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
4. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
5. What is the name of the species that Melkor creates using the Elves found by Orome?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)