|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
2. Who is the Lord of the Waters in Valar?
3. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Silmaril.
(b) The Rings of Power.
(c) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(d) The Palanteri.
4. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
5. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
6. Who plants seeds to bring order to Ea?
7. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
8. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
9. What does Manwe make sure will not be destroyed during the Firstborn's power that are Yavanna's favorite?
10. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
(a) Build ships.
(b) Make weapons.
(c) Kill others.
(d) Make food.
11. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
12. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
13. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
14. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
15. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Elwe's elves known as after he is crowned king?
2. What is the name of the elf that becomes enchanted with Maia after hearing her singing?
3. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
4. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
5. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)