|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is known as the Powers of the World in the book?
2. What is the name of Feanor's second wife?
3. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The Valar.
4. What is the place Iluvatar creates that is known as the World that Is?
5. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
6. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Peter Jackson.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(c) Steven King.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
7. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(c) The Outer Lands.
8. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) Of Feanor.
(b) Of the Sun and Moon.
(c) Of Thingol and Melian.
(d) Of Men.
9. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
10. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
11. Whose departure do the Valar mourn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Feanor and the Eldar.
(b) The Dwarves.
(c) The Elves.
12. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
13. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
14. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
15. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
2. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
3. What does Melkor claim he taught Feanor at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Who calls a council when Feanor openly rebels against the Valaer?
5. What is the name of the island that breaks in half when the Valinor are on it?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)