|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(b) The History of the Silmarils.
(c) Of Beren and Luthien.
(d) Of Thingol and Melian.
2. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(c) The Outer Lands.
3. What do the Teleri refuse to do for Feanor when he tries to leave Valinor, which leads to a battle?
(a) Build ships.
(b) Make food.
(c) Make weapons.
(d) Kill others.
4. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Finwe's death.
(b) The Trees of Valinor.
(c) Fingolfin's death.
(d) Feanor's departure.
5. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Gives them away.
(d) Sinks them.
6. How many Valier rule in Valar?
7. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
8. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Great Sea.
9. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
10. Who searched for Melkor in order to punish him for instigating discord between the Valar and the Elves?
11. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(b) Tol Eressea.
12. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's people?
13. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
14. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
15. Who becomes weary after the Valar have a great feast after the first war in Arda?
(a) Meiland and Fingon.
(b) Aule and Tulkas.
(c) Turin and Sauron.
(d) Ulmo and Manwe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Melkor and Ungoliant sneak into where they find a feast?
2. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
3. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
4. What do the Dwarves create for the Sindar after warning that evil creatures wander about the woods?
5. Who does Melkor name as the commander of the fortress Angband?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)