Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Elves that follow Orome called?
(c) The Noldor.
(d) The Eldar.
2. Who is known as the Spirit of Fire in the book?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
5. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
6. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(b) The Outer Lands.
7. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Palanteri.
(b) The Rings of Power.
(c) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(d) The Silmaril.
8. What is the name of the species that Melkor creates using the Elves found by Orome?
9. Whose home does Melkor travel to where he gains assistance in revenging the Valar?
10. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
11. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
12. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
13. What is the name of the land known as the Lonely Island?
(c) Tol Eressea.
14. What do the Valar mourn the loss of at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Fingolfin's death.
(b) Feanor's departure.
(c) The Trees of Valinor.
(d) Finwe's death.
15. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The water.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who covets the Silmarils and plots to ruin the relationship between the Valar and the Elves?
2. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
3. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
4. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
5. Who is crowned the King of the Teleri in Chapter 4?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)