|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
2. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
3. How many earth-gems does Feanor add light to from the Trees of Valinor?
4. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
5. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of Beren and Luthien.
(c) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(d) The History of the Silmarils.
6. Who does Manwe banish from Valinor in Chapter 9?
7. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
8. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
9. What is the name of the place that Finwe and his son build after returning to Middle-earth?
10. Who does Feanor marry first in the book?
11. What is the gap in the great walls of Pelori created for the Vanyar and Noldor to see?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Valar.
(c) The stars.
(d) The sun.
12. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
13. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
14. Where does Melkor wear the Silmarils after stealing them?
(a) In his crown.
(b) In a necklace.
(c) On a watch.
(d) In a ring.
15. Who causes the sea to plague the Noldor after the Teleri lose a battle against Feanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
2. Who is the lord of the substances of which Arda is made?
3. What is the name of Feanor's second wife?
4. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
5. What do the men usurp at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)