|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
2. Where does Orome bring the Elves where he tries to save them but they are sundered?
3. Where does Yavanna often go to heal the ruin caused by Melkor in Arda?
(d) The Outer Lands.
4. What is the name of the evil form that the Valar battle with the Children of Iluvatar?
5. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
6. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
7. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
8. Who calls council to determine how to protect the Elves from Melkor's shadows?
9. What is the name of the high hill the Elves erect and build the city Tirion on top of?
10. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
11. What does Feanor do to the ships he uses to get to Middle-earth in Chapter 9?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Sinks them.
(d) Gives them away.
12. Who places lamps at Illuin and Ormal after the first war in Arda?
13. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
(a) They are blue.
(b) They have large ears.
(c) They are very tall.
(d) They are immortal.
14. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Of Thingol and Melian.
(b) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of the Valinor.
(c) Of Beren and Luthien.
(d) The History of the Silmarils.
15. Who speaks out against Feanor's idea of he and his sons taking an oath to pursue anyone seeking the Silmarils?
(a) Fingolfin and Finarfin.
(b) Elendil and Turgon.
(d) Indis and Namo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appeals to his father to restrain Feanor during a council called after Feanor openly rebels against the Valar?
2. Who tries to take the Silmarils from Melkor but is stopped when he summons his evil creatures?
3. What is the name of the item the Valar take a piece of fruit from to create the moon?
4. What is the title of Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of King Thingol and Melian's first child?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)