|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first fortress Melkor builds?
2. Who becomes weary after the Valar have a great feast after the first war in Arda?
(a) Meiland and Fingon.
(b) Ulmo and Manwe.
(c) Turin and Sauron.
(d) Aule and Tulkas.
3. How many ages is Melkor sentenced to be imprisoned by Manwe?
4. Who does Melkor offer help to in hiding the Silmarils from the Valor?
5. Who is the king of the Valar when it is first created?
6. Who plants seeds to bring order to Ea?
7. What are the Elves that do not follow Orome called?
(a) The Ainur.
(b) The Nordor.
(c) The Eldar.
(d) The Avari.
8. What is the name of the item the Valar take a bough from to create the sun?
9. Who comes to the aid of the Valar after the first war begins?
10. Who creates the Two Trees of Valinor?
11. What attribute do Elves possess that Men do not?
(a) They are immortal.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They have large ears.
(d) They are blue.
12. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
13. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
14. Who is the High King of the Elves?
15. What do the sun and moon give light to after they are created?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many earth-gems does Feanor add light to from the Trees of Valinor?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11?
3. Who is the mother to the Spirit of Fire?
4. Who is the Doomsman of the Valar?
5. What is the name of the city the Valar build when they go to the Land of Aman after Mekor destroyed their villages?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)