|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quenta Silmarillion: The History of the Silmarils, Chapter 17: Of the Coming of Men into the West and Chapter 18: Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is created when Feanor adds light from the Trees of Valinor to the earth-gems?
2. What is the name of Melkor's young dragon that is defeated by Fingon?
3. How many years is Feanor banished from the Valinor after a council is called against him?
4. What shore does Orome leave the Elves at when Manwe asks his council?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The Great Sea.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
5. What do Melkor and Ungoliant kill that creates darkness in Valinor?
(a) The Silmaril.
(b) The Rings of Power.
(c) The Two Trees of Valinor.
(d) The Palanteri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beings Iluvatar creates that are known as the Holy Ones?
2. What is the name of the tree Yavanna makes for the Elves in Tirion?
3. Where does Feanor tell the Noldor to return to after leaving the Valar?
4. Who makes the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves?
5. Who is angry and unable to bear the sun after it is created?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)