Ainulindale: The Music of the Ainur and Valaquenta
* Iluvatar creates the Ainur, or the Holy Ones, to sing for him.
* Melkor is one of the Ainur, and he creates chaos.
* Iluvatar shows the Ainur the world he wishes to create where there will be two races of children called Elves and Men.
* Melkor has desires to rule, but he is not allowed.
* Iluvatar creates Ea, the World that Is, and some Ainur go there while others stay with him.
* The Ainur on Ea are called Valar, and they create a land for themselves called Arda.
* Melkor soon wages war against the Valar, but he is banished and no longer mentioned.
* Manwe is the king of the Valar, and he begins preparing for the coming of Elves and Men.
* The eight High Ones of Arda and the Maiar are spirits that rule Arda.
Quenta Silmarillion: The History of the Silmarils, Chapter 1: Of the Beginning of Days and Chapter 2: Of Aule and Yavanna
This section contains 1,720 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)