Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part One: Chapter I
1. Ted Hughes wrote two introductions to The Journals of Sylvia Plath. What did he write in the first introduction, and when was this edition published?
2. What did Ted Hughes write in the second edition introduction of The Journals of Sylvia Plath? When was it published?
3. How old were Sylvia and Ted when Sylvia died? How did she die?
4. What struggle did Ted face after the death of Sylvia Plath?
5. What does Malcolm write of the power and struggle of the biographer...
This section contains 1,029 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)