|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters III, IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used for a novel describing real life, behind a façade of fiction?
(c) Roman a clef.
(d) Nonfiction fiction.
2. In Part Three: Chapter IV, Malcolm had another run-in with Olwyn, who felt she took Sylvia's side when a former boyfriend she interviewed felt Sylvia had __________.
(a) Psychological issues.
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Excessive emotion.
(d) Borderline personality.
3. On the eve of her death, Sylvia Plath insisted on paying for what which she got from Trevor Thomas?
4. A. Alvarez claimed that Olwyn and Ted Hughes probably chose Anne Stevenson to write a biography on Sylvia because they could ______________.
(a) Believe in her.
(b) Profit from her.
(c) Manipulate her.
(d) Feel good about themselves.
5. When was the novel The Bell Jar first published under Sylvia Plath's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Malcolm drew a parallel between Anne Stevenson's failed relationship and her guilt-ridden past to the subservient role she took on with whom?
2. What poet and playwright had previously lived at the residence where Sylvia Plath committed suicide?
3. Anne Stevenson left her second husband and children to go off with what poet?
4. What American poet was the Poet Laureate of the United States from 1949 to 1950?
5. Janet Malcolm wrote to Olwyn Hughes in an effort to get an interview with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)