|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters III, IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When The Journals of Sylvia Plath were published, they were met with derision--first because of Ted's admission that he had done what?
(a) Made up several passages.
(b) Taken out parts that offended him.
(c) Never read them.
(d) Lost a journal.
2. What poet and playwright had previously lived at the residence where Sylvia Plath committed suicide?
(a) Leonard Cohen.
(b) Charles Bukowski.
(c) W. B. Yeats.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
3. Where was Sylvia Plath's father from?
4. Malcolm was surprised that Anne Stevenson confessed to having had a problem with what addiction?
(d) Drug addiction.
5. When did Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what pseudonym was The Bell Jar originally published?
2. Where was A. Alvarez born?
3. Olwyn Hughes promised to get Anne Stevenson an agent and publisher who would provide what resource?
4. Where was Sylvia Plath born?
5. When was Anne Stevenson born?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)