|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters III, IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A. Alvarez claimed that Olwyn and Ted Hughes probably chose Anne Stevenson to write a biography on Sylvia because they could ______________.
(a) Profit from her.
(b) Feel good about themselves.
(c) Manipulate her.
(d) Believe in her.
2. When was Anne Stevenson's book Correspondences: A Family History in Letters published?
3. How many pages did the manuscript which Anne Stevenson wrote for Penguin Books contain?
(a) 75 pages.
(b) 100 pages.
(c) 150 pages.
(d) 50 pages.
4. When was The Bell Jar first published?
5. How did Sylvia Plath commit suicide?
(a) She gassed herself.
(b) She overdosed.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She shot herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hughes claim Sylvia had discarded during the last years of her life in the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
2. In Part Three: Chapter IV, Malcolm had another run-in with Olwyn, who felt she took Sylvia's side when a former boyfriend she interviewed felt Sylvia had __________.
3. Who wrote The Haunting of Sylvia Plath?
4. When was Anne Stevenson's book Living in America: Poems published?
5. To what friend of the Hughes was William Stanley Merwin married?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)