|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VIII and IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Assia Wevill die?
2. What book did A. Alvarez write on the subject of divorce?
(a) Beyond All This Fiddle.
(b) Where Did It All Go Right?
(c) Life After Marriage.
(d) Day of Atonement.
3. What university did Sylvia Plath attend in England?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Exeter University.
(c) Rhodes University.
(d) Cambridge University.
4. Where was A. Alvarez born?
(d) El Salvador.
5. What did Hughes claim Sylvia had discarded during the last years of her life in the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
(c) Personal relationships.
(d) False selves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American analytic philosopher best known for his work in ethics and aesthetics was the father of Anne Stevenson?
2. What was the address where Sylvia committed suicide?
3. To A. Alvarez, Anne Stevenson was a minor writer writing about a major writer and thus there was natural ____________.
4. To assuage Ted's hurt artistic side, A. Alvarez wrote in a letter that he felt Ted and Sylvia were ______________.
5. What is the term used for a novel describing real life, behind a façade of fiction?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)