|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the biography Bitter Fame?
(a) Anne Stevenson.
(b) Frances McCullough.
(c) Janet Malcolm.
(d) Sylvia Plath.
2. The Bell Jar is based in part on Plath's own life and, in particular, her suicide attempt in what year?
3. How old was Ted Hughes when Sylvia Plath died?
4. When did Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath marry?
5. In 1952, William Stanley Merwin's first book of poetry was published under what title?
(a) A Coat for Jamal.
(b) A Hat for Harrold.
(c) A Mask for Janus.
(d) Glasses for Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the bomb drop on Hiroshima?
2. Ronald Hayman wrote in The Independent that whose biography was vindictive?
3. A. Alvarez was initially much more impressed with Ted--thinking of Sylvia as __________.
4. Who was named the literary agent for the writings of Sylvia Plath after her death?
5. When did Sylvia Plath die?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)