|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Janet Malcolm born?
2. When was Ronald Hayman born?
3. When was Anne Stevenson born?
4. In 1952, William Stanley Merwin's first book of poetry was published under what title?
(a) Glasses for Peter.
(b) A Hat for Harrold.
(c) A Coat for Jamal.
(d) A Mask for Janus.
5. When did the Inquisition of the Roman Catholic Church begin?
(a) 13th Century A.D.
(b) 11th Century A.D.
(c) 14th Century A.D.
(d) 12th Century A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "friend" of Plath finally felt the freedom to express her true feelings for the poet by relating that she was a horrible wife and a martyr?
2. What did Olwyn Hughes claim was something Sylvia's mother had never addressed and, in fact, enabled for years?
3. Who applauded Wagner-Martin for not caving to the demands of the "evil" sister as Anne Stevenson had done?
4. When did Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath marry?
5. Where did A. Alvarez publish the first "official" bad review of Bitter Fame?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)