|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Sylvia Plath die?
2. What "friend" of Plath finally felt the freedom to express her true feelings for the poet by relating that she was a horrible wife and a martyr?
(a) Dido Milroy.
(b) Olwyn Hughes .
(c) Frances McCullough.
(d) Anne Stevenson.
3. Where was Sylvia Plath born?
(a) Rhode Island.
4. With whom was Ted Hughes having an affair at the time of Sylvia Plath's death?
(a) Assia Wevill.
(b) Frances McCullough.
(c) Janet Malcolm.
(d) Charles Stevenson.
5. What did Hughes claim Sylvia had discarded during the last years of her life in the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
(a) False selves.
(d) Personal relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath, Hughes commented how in the last several years of her life, Sylvia had found ______________.
2. When did Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath marry?
3. What university did Janet Malcolm attend?
4. Who was named the literary agent for the writings of Sylvia Plath after her death?
5. When was Sylvia Plath born?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)