|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American analytic philosopher best known for his work in ethics and aesthetics was the father of Anne Stevenson?
(a) Harold Stevenson.
(b) Richard Stevenson.
(c) Robert Stevenson.
(d) Charles Stevenson.
2. When was Janet Malcolm born?
3. What did Hughes claim Sylvia had discarded during the last years of her life in the first publication of The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
(a) False selves.
(c) Personal relationships.
4. What university did Janet Malcolm attend?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Idaho.
(d) University of Montana.
5. When Anne Stevenson wrote her biography of Sylvia Plath, she found that she and Sylvia had gone through the same teen-aged angst and sexual frustrations of the American youth of what era?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "friend" of Plath finally felt the freedom to express her true feelings for the poet by relating that she was a horrible wife and a martyr?
2. Who edited The Journals of Sylvia Plath?
3. When did Sylvia Plath die?
4. To what friend of the Hughes was William Stanley Merwin married?
5. With whom was Ted Hughes having an affair at the time of Sylvia Plath's death?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)