|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Linda Wagner-Martin wrote a biography of Sylvia Plath. Upon what did her relationship with the Hughes family deteriorate in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) The publishing of the book.
(b) Choosing a cover for the book.
(c) Completion of the manuscript.
(d) Reviews of the book being published.
2. When was Ronald Hayman born?
3. Where did Janet Malcolm travel to meet with Anne Stevenson in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) Durham, England.
(b) Shirebrook, England.
(c) Helmsley, England.
(d) Beaconsfield, England.
4. To what friend of the Hughes was William Stanley Merwin married?
(a) Dido Milroy.
(b) Anne Stevenson.
(c) Janet Malcolm.
(d) Sylvia Plath.
5. Ted felt that Sylvia's work lacked what element?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne Stevenson explained in Part Two: Chapter I that she had been commissioned to write a story about Sylvia Plath in a series for Penguin Books called __________.
2. When was The Bell Jar first published?
3. Where did Olwyn Hughes work until after Sylvia Plath's death?
4. Under what pseudonym was The Bell Jar originally published?
5. Whose biography of Sylvia Plath did Olwyn Hughes laud?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)