|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two: Chapter II, Ted described the battle Sylvia had to get her short story published in what periodical?
(a) Good Housekeeping.
(b) Family Circle.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) The Ladies' Home Journal.
2. Olwyn Hughes gave Anne Stevenson whose account that was unflattering to Sylvia to review in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) Clarissa Roche's.
(b) Elizabeth Sigmund's.
(c) Dido Merwin's.
(d) Ted Hughes'.
3. There was always a close association between Sylvia's work and what?
(a) Her love of Greek literature.
(b) Her love of Shakespeare.
(c) Her spirituality.
(d) Her personal life.
4. When was The Bell Jar first published?
5. Janet Malcolm met with Olwyn Hughes in February of what year in Part One: Chapter VI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylvia Plath's extremism and ________ were things that Anne Stevenson deplored.
2. What did Olwyn Hughes claim was something Sylvia's mother had never addressed and, in fact, enabled for years?
3. Anne Stevenson tried to defend herself in her speech in Part Two: Chapter I by explaining that some of her work was tainted by the controlling hands of whom?
4. Ronald Hayman wrote in The Independent that whose biography was vindictive?
5. How many pages did the manuscript which Anne Stevenson wrote for Penguin Books contain?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)