|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Stevenson tried to defend herself in her speech in Part Two: Chapter I by explaining that some of her work was tainted by the controlling hands of whom?
(a) Olwyn Hughes.
(b) Ted Hughes.
(c) Aurelia Plath.
(d) Clarissa Roche.
2. Anne Stevenson sent a completed draft of her story for Penguin Books to whom for his comments?
(a) Ted Hughes.
(b) Dr. Horder.
(c) W. B. Yeats.
(d) A. Alvarez.
3. When was Ronald Hayman born?
4. How many words did Ted Hughes cut from Linda Wagner-Martin's manuscript?
5. Olwyn Hughes gave Anne Stevenson whose account that was unflattering to Sylvia to review in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) Dido Merwin's.
(b) Ted Hughes'.
(c) Clarissa Roche's.
(d) Elizabeth Sigmund's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olwyn Hughes claim was something Sylvia's mother had never addressed and, in fact, enabled for years?
2. Whose memoir depicting Sylvia Plath did Olwyn Hughes criticize relentlessly?
3. Olwyn Hughes promised to get Anne Stevenson an agent and publisher who would provide what resource?
4. How many pages did the manuscript which Anne Stevenson wrote for Penguin Books contain?
5. Where did Janet Malcolm travel to meet with Anne Stevenson in Part Two: Chapter I?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)