|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To assuage Ted's hurt artistic side, A. Alvarez wrote in a letter that he felt Ted and Sylvia were ______________.
(a) True intellectuals.
(b) The best poets of their generation.
(c) Beautiful souls.
(d) The greatest love story of all time.
2. When was Ronald Hayman born?
3. What book did A. Alvarez write on the subject of divorce?
(a) Day of Atonement.
(b) Life After Marriage.
(c) Beyond All This Fiddle.
(d) Where Did It All Go Right?
4. When did Ted Hughes die?
5. At what meeting had Anne Stevenson appeared to speak in Part Two: Chapter I?
(a) The 4H Club.
(b) The University Women's Club.
(c) The Girl Scouts.
(d) A town hall meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. To A. Alvarez, Anne Stevenson was a minor writer writing about a major writer and thus there was natural ____________.
2. The long and confused letter Janet Malcolm received from Olwyn in response in Part One: Chapter IV only reiterated her disdain for ____________.
3. Whose memoir depicting Sylvia Plath did Olwyn Hughes criticize relentlessly?
4. What university did Sylvia Plath attend in England?
5. Where did Olwyn Hughes work until after Sylvia Plath's death?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)