|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose memoir depicting Sylvia Plath did Olwyn Hughes criticize relentlessly?
(a) Ted Hughes'.
(b) A. Alvarez's.
(c) Janet Malcolm's.
(d) Anne Stevenson's.
2. Where did Olwyn Hughes work until after Sylvia Plath's death?
3. Janet Malcolm wrote to Olwyn Hughes in an effort to get an interview with whom in Part One: Chapter IV?
(a) Anne Stevenson.
(b) Ted Hughes.
(c) Assia Wevill.
(d) A. Alvarez.
4. When did Ted Hughes die?
5. How many words did Ted Hughes cut from Linda Wagner-Martin's manuscript?
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda Wagner-Martin wrote a biography of Sylvia Plath. Upon what did her relationship with the Hughes family deteriorate in Part One: Chapter IV?
2. Ted Hughes was the British Poet Laureate beginning in what year?
3. What did Olwyn Hughes claim was something Sylvia's mother had never addressed and, in fact, enabled for years?
4. Anne Stevenson explained in Part Two: Chapter I that she had been commissioned to write a story about Sylvia Plath in a series for Penguin Books called __________.
5. A. Alvarez claimed to have thought that Bitter Fame was an example of ___________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)