|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter from Ted Hughes, Alvarez was excoriated for publicly airing the details of what event in his memoirs?
(a) Sylvia's childhood.
(b) Sylvia's suicide.
(c) Ted's affair.
(d) Sylvia's marriage to Hughes.
2. Anne Stevenson explained in Part Two: Chapter I that she had been commissioned to write a story about Sylvia Plath in a series for Penguin Books called __________.
(a) The Women Everybody Should Know.
(b) Fascinating Women.
(c) Lives of Modern Women.
(d) Women of History.
3. Ronald Hayman wrote in The Independent that whose biography was vindictive?
(a) Frances McCullough.
(b) Janet Malcolm.
(c) Anne Stevenson's.
(d) A. Alvarez.
4. What university did Sylvia Plath attend in England?
(a) Exeter University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Rhodes University.
(d) Cambridge University.
5. Anne Stevenson began a lecture describing how her and Sylvia's background as well as ideology were similar, and they had both married _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what meeting had Anne Stevenson appeared to speak in Part Two: Chapter I?
2. What book did A. Alvarez write on the subject of divorce?
3. Anne Stevenson sent a completed draft of her story for Penguin Books to whom for his comments?
4. Who applauded Wagner-Martin for not caving to the demands of the "evil" sister as Anne Stevenson had done?
5. Who prescribed antidepressants for Plath a few days before her death?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)