|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Alicia's father?
(a) Victor Rose.
(b) Vaughn Rose.
(c) Vincent Rose.
(d) Vernon Rose.
2. Where did Alicia go to do her painting?
(a) The basement to her house.
(b) Her attic.
(c) Her living room.
(d) The summerhouse in her garden.
3. According to Ruth in Part Two, Chapter Nine, what is Theo doing by being with Kathy?
(a) Replaying his childhood.
(b) Torturing himself.
(c) Acting like a doormat.
(d) Being loyal and faithful.
4. What suggestion does Jean-Felix make in Part Two, Chapter Twenty regarding Alicia?
(a) To let her paint.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) To let him question her.
(d) To get her to write.
5. What is the name of the grandmotherly psychotherapist who helped the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head psychiatric nurse at the Grove?
2. What play is Kathy rehearsing for in in Part Two, Chapter Six?
3. What does Theo resolve in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
4. According to Alicia in the prologue to the novel, who gave Alicia the diary?
5. According to Alicia's diary in Part Two, Chapter Thirteen, why does she dislike Max Berenson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Theo resolve following his meeting with Ruth in Part Two, Chapter Nine? How does his mind change in the following chapter?
2. How does the narrator describe Gabriel Berenson in Part One, Chapter One?
3. What does Theo do in Part Two, Chapter Six? What does he discover?
4. What happens in the play Alcestis, as Theo explains in Part Two, Chapter Twenty-One?
5. What paintings does Theo see when he visits the art gallery in Part Two, Chapter Twenty?
6. What happens during Theo's first meeting with Alicia in Part One, Chapter Seven?
7. What happens during Theo's session with Alicia in Part Two, Chapter Seven?
8. What does Theo learn from Max during their meeting in Part Two, Chapter Twelve?
9. What happened to Alicia following her trial for murder?
10. Who is Jean-Felix? What does he do while Alicia is on trial for murder?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)