|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theo in Part Two, Chapter Five, what did Alicia's attack on him signify?
(a) A sign of fear.
(b) A desire to communicate.
(c) A need for more medication.
(d) A hatred of Theo.
2. The murder of Gabriel Berenson occurred how many years before the events described in the first chapter?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. According to Diomedes' directive in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, Theo must stick to what?
(a) The file.
(b) The facts.
(c) Playing detective.
(d) The confines of the unit.
4. According to Jean-Felix in Part Two, Chapter Twenty, which is Alicia's best work?
(a) The painting of Lydia.
(b) The painting of the car accident.
(c) The painting of Gabriel on the cross.
(d) The Alcestis.
5. How does Alicia describe Gabriel's face in Part Two, Chapter One?
(a) Like a Greek statue.
(b) Like a superhero.
(c) Like a Hollywood actor.
(d) Like a bronze god.
6. What does Theo's wife do for a living?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a photographer.
7. What is the Grove?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A rest home for the mentally ill.
(c) A secure forensic unit.
(d) Where the murder occurred.
8. What two investigative paths does Theo plan to follow in Part One, Chapter Eight?
(a) Alicia's education and career.
(b) Alicia's self-portrait and childhood.
(c) Alicia's medical and news reports.
(d) Alicia's family and marriage.
9. How does Christian view Theo's plan to help Alicia in Part Two, Chapter Three?
(a) As undermining his authority.
(b) As a waste of time.
(c) As illogical and irrational.
(d) As unfair to the other patients.
10. How does Theo injure himself when he is tormented by Kathy's emails in Part Two, Chapter Eight?
(a) He sprains his ankle while pacing.
(b) He cuts his finger on a broken wine bottle.
(c) He hits his head on a cabinet.
(d) He falls down the stairs while drinking.
11. Who interrupts the meeting in Part One, Chapter Five to complain about a broken pool cue?
12. According to Ruth in Part Two, Chapter Nine, what do people often confuse for love?
(a) Excitement and euphoria.
(b) Crisis and calamity.
(c) Strife and sorrow.
(d) Drama and dysfunction.
13. What play is Kathy rehearsing for in in Part Two, Chapter Six?
(b) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
14. What revelation does Alicia have about her current project in Part Two, Chapter One?
(a) She has subconsciously used her father's face.
(b) She has subconsciously used Max's face.
(c) She has subconsciously used Jean-Felix's face.
(d) She has subconsciously used Gabriel's face.
15. What is the subject of the painting Alicia made while on trial for murder?
(b) Her mother.
(d) A Greek heroine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Jean-Felix tell Theo in Part Two, Chapter Twenty about Alicia's relationship to her father?
2. When Theo views Alicia's painting of Gabriel on the cross in Part Two, Chapter Twenty, what does he notice around Gabriel's torso?
3. Where did Alicia go to do her painting?
4. Theo compares his life to what in Part One, Chapter Eight?
5. What does Alicia call her diary in the prologue to the novel?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)