|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play is Kathy rehearsing for in in Part Two, Chapter Six?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) King Lear.
2. Why was Elif admitted to the Grove?
(a) For murdering her neighbors.
(b) For murdering her mother and sister.
(c) For murdering her psychologist.
(d) For murdering her aunt and cousin.
3. When Theo views Alicia's painting of Gabriel on the cross in Part Two, Chapter Twenty, what does he notice around Gabriel's torso?
(a) A pair of binoculars.
(b) A paintbrush.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A camera.
4. According to Jean-Felix in Part Two, Chapter Twenty, which is Alicia's best work?
(a) The painting of the car accident.
(b) The painting of Lydia.
(c) The Alcestis.
(d) The painting of Gabriel on the cross.
5. How does Theo feel in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen after meeting with Paul?
6. According to Alicia's diary in Part Two, Chapter Thirteen, why does she dislike Max Berenson?
(a) Max constantly borrows money from them.
(b) Max is a kleptomaniac.
(c) Max says he is in love with her.
(d) Max believes she is not good enough for his brother.
7. According to Max's receptionist in Part Two, Chapter Twelve, where should Theo go for more information?
(a) Alicia's aunt.
(b) Alicia's cousin.
(c) Alicia's best friend.
(d) Alicia's former doctor.
8. What is the name of the grandmotherly psychotherapist who helped the narrator?
9. What does Theo begin to doubt in Part Two, Chapter Eighteen?
(a) That he is qualified to help Alicia.
(b) That Alicia murdered Gabriel.
(c) That he had actually seen evidence of an affair.
(d) That his wife loves him.
10. According to Theo in Part Two, Chapter Fifteen, the answers to the present could be found where?
(a) In Alicia's art.
(b) In Alicia's file.
(c) In Alicia's dreams.
(d) In Alicia's past.
11. How does Theo injure himself when he is tormented by Kathy's emails in Part Two, Chapter Eight?
(a) He cuts his finger on a broken wine bottle.
(b) He falls down the stairs while drinking.
(c) He sprains his ankle while pacing.
(d) He hits his head on a cabinet.
12. According to Diomedes in Part One, Chapter Six, what will Alicia teach Theo?
(a) A lesson in humility.
(b) A lesson in fortitude.
(c) A lesson in patience.
(d) A lesson in failure.
13. The murder of Gabriel Berenson occurred how many years before the events described in the first chapter?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
14. What does Theo resolve in Part Two, Chapter Ten?
(a) To forget all about the emails he had read.
(b) To enter rehab.
(c) To tell Kathy what he saw.
(d) To leave his wife.
15. Whom did the narrator internalize, leading him to have psychological issues?
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Alicia in Part Two, Chapter One, England in a heatwave feels like what country?
2. How did Alicia's mother die?
3. According to Theo in Part Two, Chapter Five, what did Alicia's attack on him signify?
4. According to Elif in Part Two, Chapter Eleven, why did she get attacked by Alicia?
5. How does Lydia describe Alicia's painting of her in Part Two, Chapter Seventeen?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)