|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator?
(a) Todd Ford.
(b) Ted Farber.
(c) Trent Foster.
(d) Theo Faber.
2. According to Chistian in Part Two, Chapter Three, what is "hanging" over the Grove?
(a) Pandora's box.
(b) Promethean fire.
(c) The sword of Damocles.
(d) Cupid's arrows.
3. What meeting does Theo attend immediately upon arriving at the Grove in Part One, Chapter Five?
4. Which friend does Kathy plan to meet in Part Two, Chapter Eighteen?
5. What is the name of the gallerist who exhibits Alicia's artwork?
(a) Jean-Carlos Mariche.
(b) Jean-Felix Martin.
(c) Jean-Philip Moulin.
(d) Jean-Luc Michel.
6. What revelation does Alicia have about her current project in Part Two, Chapter One?
(a) She has subconsciously used Jean-Felix's face.
(b) She has subconsciously used Gabriel's face.
(c) She has subconsciously used her father's face.
(d) She has subconsciously used Max's face.
7. According to Theo in Part Two, Chapter Fifteen, the answers to the present could be found where?
(a) In Alicia's file.
(b) In Alicia's dreams.
(c) In Alicia's art.
(d) In Alicia's past.
8. What does Theo discover about Kathy in Part Two, Chapter Six?
(a) She is planning to divorce him.
(b) She is addicted to drugs.
(c) She is having an affair.
(d) She is having a nervous breakdown.
9. When Theo views Alicia's painting of Gabriel on the cross in Part Two, Chapter Twenty, what does he notice around Gabriel's torso?
(a) A paintbrush.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A camera.
(d) A pair of binoculars.
10. According to Diomedes' directive in Part Two, Chapter Fourteen, Theo must stick to what?
(a) The facts.
(b) The confines of the unit.
(c) The file.
(d) Playing detective.
11. Why does Alicia shake her head no in Part Two, Chapter Seven?
(a) When Theo asks if she would like to speak.
(b) When Theo says that a part of Alicia had hated Gabriel.
(c) When Theo states Alicia is faking her mental illness.
(d) When Theo wonders if Gabriel deserved to be shot.
12. How does Christian view Theo's plan to help Alicia in Part Two, Chapter Three?
(a) As illogical and irrational.
(b) As unfair to the other patients.
(c) As undermining his authority.
(d) As a waste of time.
13. Where did Theo work prior to coming to the Grove?
14. Which Grove employee does Theo recognize from his former job?
15. According to Ruth in Part Two, Chapter Nine, what does Theo need to do?
(a) End his marriage.
(b) Forgive Kathy.
(c) Find another job.
(d) Forget about the emails.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean-Felix in Part Two, Chapter Twenty, which is Alicia's best work?
2. Who interrupts the meeting in Part One, Chapter Five to complain about a broken pool cue?
3. What is the name of the grandmotherly psychotherapist who helped the narrator?
4. Which therapist oversaw Alicia's treatment at the Grove?
5. What physical symptom does Theo experience during his second session with Alicia in Part Two, Chapter Four?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)