|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to pick up Adonis at the beginning of "Chapter 17" in order to drive him to Montelepre?
2. Who visits Michael during the night and scares him out of his sleep?
3. After the election, what is supposed to be distributed to the peasants?
4. Who do the security passes that Inspector Velardi is looking for belong to?
5. Why couldn't the Christian Democrats give a pardon to Turi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Turi's last thoughts as he begins his journey out of the mountains to go to America.
2. Discuss the events that occur that cause Andolini to be arrested.
3. What occurs at the meeting that takes place in Montelepre at the home of Hector Adonis, between Don Croce and Turi?
4. What does the Cardinal promise to do on Easter that will provide proof to Turi that he will be granted a pardon after the elections?
5. Why does Hector Adonis meet with Turi to discuss a particular set of documents?
6. Why is Passatempo killed for betraying Turi?
7. When Michael returns to America after his exile in Sicily, what do he and his father, Vito Corleone, talk about involving Turi?
8. What are Colonel Ugo Luca's thoughts on Turi?
9. When Turi learns of Stefan, what does he do?
10. When Turi receives information about a pardon for Turi, what is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Turi Guiliano was the main character in the story because the book revolves around him. Discuss any foils that stood in Turi's way during his time spent as a bandit. Cite examples from the story in order to explain how Turi dealt with the foils that tried to inhibit him and whether Turi was able to be stopped because of them.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain the mission of Michael Corleone. Explain why Michael was in Sicily as well as the orders he was to follow from his father. Be sure to include examples in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of police, or the "carabinieri", in The Sicilian. What was their involvement in the story and in what ways did they play a large part of the book? Give examples from the text in order to support your response.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)