|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the Christian Democrats win the election, what does Don Croce say must be promised to him?
2. Who wins the 1948 election?
3. Who says they cannot guarantee a pardon for Turi?
4. What does Michael Corleone and Peter Clemenza read that belongs to Turi?
5. If Turi receives a pardon, what will he be elected to rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens right after the election of 1948?
2. What is the immediate response to the massacre at Portella della Cinestra?
3. What does Michael and Clemenza read together while in his room?
4. When Turi learns of Stefan, what does he do?
5. What deal does Don Croce set up with The Minister of Justice, Franco Trezza?
6. What is the referendum?
7. What makes Turi finally realize he has to leave Sicily?
8. What is discussed between Michael Corleone and Don Domenic Clemenza when they meet in the town of Trapani?
9. After the 1948 election, what happens to the land that is supposed to be distributed to the peasants?
10. What are Colonel Ugo Luca's thoughts on Turi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Turi's Testament. Give examples from the story in order to explain what the Testament was as well as its importance. Be sure to discuss the role it had on the events that occurred throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Turi Guiliano was very close to his parents, before and after he became a bandit. Discuss Turi's relationship with his parents by citing examples from the book in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of The Sicilian. Cite at least three examples from the story that cause the book to be categorized in this particular genre.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)