|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michael Corleone arrive at the beginning of "Chapter 16"?
2. What do Turi and Justina do in secret?
3. Where does Aspanu feel he cannot live?
4. Who does not appear for dinner that causes Michael to worry?
5. What year do Turi and his band go home for Easter in "Chapter 22"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the marriage between Turi and Justina.
2. Why does Hector Adonis meet with Turi to discuss a particular set of documents?
3. What happens at the May Day celebration in the town of Portella della Cinestra?
4. When Turi's parent's are arrested by orders of Colonel Ugo Luca, what is Turi's revenge?
5. Discuss the Abbot's relationship to Stefan Andolini and what does he tell Stefan about his work for Don Croce?
6. What happens right after the election of 1948?
7. Why is Passatempo killed for betraying Turi?
8. When Turi receives information about a pardon for Turi, what is his response?
9. What is discussed between Michael Corleone and Don Domenic Clemenza when they meet in the town of Trapani?
10. What is the immediate response to the massacre at Portella della Cinestra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Don Croce's opinions of Turi throughout the story. Cite examples from the book in order to explain how and why Don Croce's opinions changed over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contract the character of Turi with the character of Aspanu. Cite examples from the story in order to support your answer by describing at least three qualities that were similar and different between the two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Turi and Don Croce throughout the story. Why did they become enemies when they were once civil to each other?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)