|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Turi receives a pardon, what will he be elected to rule?
2. When Andolini arrives at Velardi's office, what is demanded of him?
3. Who orders the arrest of Turi's parents?
4. Who does Andolini and Hector Adonis travel to meet before helping Turi escape to America?
5. What does Turi unite all of the political parties against?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stefan Andolini sent to visit Turi and who sends him?
2. What happens to most of Turi's band by the time he begins his journey to America?
3. What happens at the May Day celebration in the town of Portella della Cinestra?
4. Why is Passatempo killed for betraying Turi?
5. After the 1948 election, what happens to the land that is supposed to be distributed to the peasants?
6. Why does Hector Adonis meet with Turi to discuss a particular set of documents?
7. What makes Turi finally realize he has to leave Sicily?
8. What is Michael and Peter's plans in order to help Turi during his escape to America?
9. What is the immediate response to the massacre at Portella della Cinestra?
10. Discuss Turi's last thoughts as he begins his journey out of the mountains to go to America.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sicilian falls into the theme of revenge. Cite examples from the book in order to justify your response as to why this book falls under this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain the mission of Michael Corleone. Explain why Michael was in Sicily as well as the orders he was to follow from his father. Be sure to include examples in order to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Sicilian was written in third-person; this allowed readers an understanding of each character from a distance. Discuss the usage of third-person in the text. Explain how it was used as well as the effects it had on readers.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)