|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Turi is shot for refusing to give the name of the person who gives him cheese, what does he do in return?
2. What functions as the headquarters for the black market smugglers?
3. What does Adonis leave for Turi that contains wine and jugs?
4. What do Turi and Aspanu watch from a dark alley before returning to the cave where they live?
5. At the end of the war, what was the only problem for Don Croce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Turi Guiliano become a bandit?
2. Who declared war on the Mafia and what was Don Croce's status when the war ended?
3. Who is Michael Corleone and what orders does he receive from his father, Vito Corleone, which must be executed before he can go home to America?
4. When Turi and Aspanu escape the police in the mountains, what do they do?
5. Who is Silvestro and why does he join Turi's band?
6. Before the Fiesta, what happens to Turi and his cousin, Aspanu?
7. Who is sent by Don Croce to give Turi a message and what is the message?
8. What is the Fiesta and what is Turi's role in it?
9. After Turi is injured by the carabinieri, what news does Hector Adonis bring to Turi?
10. What is the black market and who runs it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Turi's mission to help others with the Friends of the Friends' mission to help others. Cite examples from the story in order to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Turi and Don Croce throughout the story. Why did they become enemies when they were once civil to each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Turi and Hector Adonis and how the two affected each others lives, whether positively or negatively, throughout the story. Give examples from the text in order to support your answer.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)