|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the monastery produce and sell to the black market?
2. Who never attends the three day Fiesta in Montelepre?
3. Why is Michael Corleone sent to Montelepre?
4. How long does it take an escape tunnel for Turi to be built?
5. When Turi kidnaps Prince Ollorto, what does he supply the Prince with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before the Fiesta, what happens to Turi and his cousin, Aspanu?
2. Where was Don Croce born and what did his life entail while growing up?
3. After Turi is hurt by the carabinieri, where does he go for help?
4. What is the Fiesta and what is Turi's role in it?
5. What does Turi learn about the monastery when he stays there after his run in with the carabinieri that caused his injury?
6. Who declared war on the Mafia and what was Don Croce's status when the war ended?
7. What crime is popular in Sicily during Turi's time spent as a bandit?
8. Who is Hector Adonis and what is his relationship to Turi?
9. How does Turi Guiliano become a bandit?
10. Who is Silvestro and why does he join Turi's band?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dialogue was used heavily in The Sicilian. Discuss and explain how dialogue was used in the story and why it played a large role. Cite examples in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Turi's Testament. Give examples from the story in order to explain what the Testament was as well as its importance. Be sure to discuss the role it had on the events that occurred throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Turi Guiliano to Robin Hood. Cite examples from the story in order to justify your response.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)