|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the monastery produce and sell to the black market?
2. After the robbery of the Duke and Duchess, what does Turi keep for himself?
3. Who is Turi's godfather?
4. What do Turi and Aspanu watch from a dark alley before returning to the cave where they live?
5. By what age did Don Croce become the strongest don in the Sicilian Maffia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the black market and who runs it?
2. Before the Fiesta, what happens to Turi and his cousin, Aspanu?
3. After Turi is hurt by the carabinieri, where does he go for help?
4. Discuss the kidnapping of Prince Ollorto.
5. Who is sent by Don Croce to give Turi a message and what is the message?
6. Discuss the tunnel and its purpose.
7. Who is Silvestro and why does he join Turi's band?
8. Where was Don Croce born and what did his life entail while growing up?
9. What is Turi's job while staying at the monastery run by The Abbot?
10. What does Turi learn about the monastery when he stays there after his run in with the carabinieri that caused his injury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Don Croce's opinions of Turi throughout the story. Cite examples from the book in order to explain how and why Don Croce's opinions changed over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Turi Guiliano to Robin Hood. Cite examples from the story in order to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Turi and Don Croce throughout the story. Why did they become enemies when they were once civil to each other?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)