|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to serve as an intermediary between Turi and the Catholic Church?
(a) A Priest.
(b) A Cardinal.
(c) A Minister.
(d) Hector Adonis.
2. What does Don Croce believe Turi is a danger to?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) His empire.
(c) All of Sicily.
3. Where does Don Croce suggest Turi immigrate to when unable to receive a pardon?
(a) The United States.
(b) Brazil or the United States.
4. Who is said to sell information to the government?
(b) The Mafia.
(c) Hector Adonis.
(d) Don Croce.
5. Where does Michael Corleone arrive at the beginning of "Chapter 16"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hector suggest Turi write in order to protect himself?
2. Who heads the war against banditry?
3. Who is said to support a pardon of Turi?
4. Who says they cannot guarantee a pardon for Turi?
5. When Turi's girlfriend is sent to America, what is she supposed to send back to Turi if the escape route is safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens right after the election of 1948?
2. What occurs at the meeting that takes place in Montelepre at the home of Hector Adonis, between Don Croce and Turi?
3. What is Michael and Peter's plans in order to help Turi during his escape to America?
4. What deal does Don Croce set up with The Minister of Justice, Franco Trezza?
5. Why does Hector Adonis meet with Turi to discuss a particular set of documents?
6. After the 1948 election, what happens to the land that is supposed to be distributed to the peasants?
7. When Turi's parent's are arrested by orders of Colonel Ugo Luca, what is Turi's revenge?
8. What is the referendum?
9. When Michael returns to America after his exile in Sicily, what do he and his father, Vito Corleone, talk about involving Turi?
10. Discuss the visit that occurs between Aspanu and Michael in the middle of the night.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)