|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was viewed as the rival to government in the story?
(a) The church.
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Groups of bandits.
2. At the end of the war, what was the only problem for Don Croce?
(a) He lacked a family.
(b) He felt overwhelming revenge towards the government.
(c) He was no longer considered a don in the Mafia.
(d) He lacked an heir for his empire.
3. When Turi runs away from the police after being shot, what do the police retain of his?
(a) His work certificate.
(b) His gun.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His identity card.
4. Who offers Turi refuge with Don Croce?
(b) Michael Corelone.
(c) Hector Adonis.
(d) Father Benjamino.
5. When Michael Corleone arrives in Sicily, where does he attend a meeting in order to discuss Turi?
(a) The Hotel Umberto.
(b) The Hotel Hugo.
(c) The Hotel Sicily.
(d) The Hotel Piasa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aspanu inform that he knows the whereabouts of Turi?
2. Who does Don Croce send in order to give Turi a message from the Friends of the Friends?
3. Who is nailed to a cross and sent to Quintana as a message?
4. Who does Turi Guiliano kill that causes him to become a bandit?
5. Who do Turi and Aspanu attack on their way to the mountains after visiting Turi's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hector Adonis want Turi to reach an accommodation with the Friends of the Friends?
2. What crime is popular in Sicily during Turi's time spent as a bandit?
3. Before the Fiesta, what happens to Turi and his cousin, Aspanu?
4. Who is sent by Don Croce to give Turi a message and what is the message?
5. Discuss the Sicilian flag that Turi and Aspanu raise while in the mountains.
6. Who is Silvestro and why does he join Turi's band?
7. What is the black market and who runs it?
8. Discuss the tunnel and its purpose.
9. When Michael meets Turi's parents, what does Turi's father discuss with him?
10. What are Turi's plans for the people of Sicily when he becomes a bandit?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)