|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to pick up Adonis at the beginning of "Chapter 17" in order to drive him to Montelepre?
(c) Michael Corelone.
2. What are the orders of Turi's band during the festivities at Portella della Ginestra?
(a) To fire over the heads of the crowd.
(b) To raid the festivities in order to steal food and other goods.
(c) To kill the townspeople.
(d) To kill the Mafia chiefs who will be at the festivities.
3. If the Christian Democrats win the election, what does Don Croce say must be promised to him?
(a) For the government to allow him to execute Turi.
(b) For the government to eliminate Turi.
(c) To help Turi immigrate to America.
(d) For the government to give Turi a pardon.
4. What is the name of the vote that did away with the Italian monarchy and established Italy as a Republic?
5. Who does Andolini and Hector Adonis travel to meet before helping Turi escape to America?
(b) Turi's parents.
(c) Inspector Velardi.
(d) Don Croce.
6. Where does Michael plan to go first in order to help Turi escape to America?
7. Who is said to sell information to the government?
(b) Don Croce.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Hector Adonis.
8. Who wants to attack the festivities in the towns that win the communist vote in the election?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The Friends of the Friends.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) Don Croce.
9. What is given to Aspanu as a token of good faith?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A new identification badge.
(c) A red security pass.
(d) A silver coin.
10. Who does Andolini and Adonis give information to to relate to Turi before his escape to America?
(a) Turi's parents.
(c) Don Croce.
11. What does Don Croce believe Turi is a danger to?
(a) All of Sicily.
(b) His empire.
(c) The Mafia.
12. What does Don Croce say he will have Turi's band attack?
(b) Socialists and Communists.
(c) Christian Democrats.
13. What does Turi unite all of the political parties against?
(a) The Mafia.
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The Catholic Church.
14. Who is Stefan Andolini's biological father?
(a) Don Croce.
(b) Hector Adonis.
(c) The Abbot Manfredi.
(d) Minister Trezza.
15. What does Michael inform Aspanu about Andolini?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He escaped to America.
(c) He didn't keep his appointment with Adonis.
(d) He spoke with him the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michael Corleone arrive at the beginning of "Chapter 16"?
2. While awaiting the arrival of Turi's father, who does Aspanu kill when refusing to surrender their weapons?
3. When Andolini arrives at Velardi's office, what is demanded of him?
4. When Turi's girlfriend is sent to America, what is she supposed to send back to Turi if the escape route is safe?
5. Who is to serve as an intermediary between Turi and the Catholic Church?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)