|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of journalism did Nutbeem handle well?
(b) Feature articles.
(c) Touchy stories.
2. Why does Quoyle decide to take the boat to Killick-Claw?
(a) It is faster than driving.
(b) He needs to transport the corpse.
(c) The road is blocked.
(d) He thinks he can tow the corpse there.
3. Which accommodation no longer seems attractive to Quoyle?
(a) The motel where he is staying.
(b) The back of his station waggon.
(c) The green house.
(d) Nutbeem's trailer.
4. What is Tert Card's reaction to Quoyle's piece about oil tankers?
(a) He thinks it is a good joke.
(b) He is annoyed, but grudgingly publishes it.
(c) He is furious, rewrites it, then goes and gets drunk.
(d) He is furious, tears it up and punches Quoyle in the face.
5. Who humiliated Herry Prowse?
(a) Mrs Lumbull.
(c) Hetty Pretty.
(d) The school principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dawn's attitude to Florida?
2. Of which type of figurative language is this an example: 'The bay was an aluminum tray dotted with paper boats.'?
3. What is the main component for a large dog's leash?
4. How is Quoyle's routine described?
5. Under what flag is the ship Rome registered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the reception given Quoyle's piece about oil tankers.
2. What conclusions can be drawn about the origin of the money Agnis receives?
3. In what way does Quoyle fail Nutbeem?
4. Contrast the growing relationship between Quoyle and Wavey with that each experienced with their previous partners.
5. In what way has Quoyle reached a turning point in his life?
6. What insight into Wavey and her friends, the Buggit family, is provided in this chapter?
7. In what sense is the new boat symbolic?
8. What is the outcome of Bunny's attack on the teacher?
9. In what ways are descriptions of interior environment, specifically the Heavy weather bar and the Burke house, connected to the characters of Quoyle and Tert Card in Chapter 34?
10. What is Quoyle's response to Billy Pretty's skepticism about him?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)