|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main component for a large dog's leash?
(b) Hemp rope.
(c) Rawhide belt lacing.
(d) Hemp lacing.
2. How does Quoyle feel about middle age?
(a) He wonders about his biological clock.
(b) It doesn't frighten him.
(c) He thinks he might enjoy it.
(d) It horrifies him.
3. What large assignment has Agnis negotiated?
(a) To do upholstery work in the damaged ship Rome.
(b) To refit the damaged ship Rome.
(c) To provide cushions for the QE2.
(d) To refit the captain's cabin on the Rome.
4. What does Wavey wear for the trip to St John's?
(a) A maroon suit in boiled wool.
(b) A maroon serge suit.
(c) A Chanel suit in maroon with sky blue piping.
(d) A Chanel suit in golden brown.
5. Where did Bunny find the string?
(a) Hanging on a bush.
(b) On Quoyle's typewriter.
(c) In the car.
(d) On the doorstep.
6. What song does Yark half-sing?
(a) The Spruce Goose.
(b) Goosey Gander.
(c) The Wild Goose.
(d) The Gandy Goose.
7. Who is Alvin's niece?
8. What used to cause thousands of wrecks per year?
(a) The Quoyles.
9. What happens to Nutbeem's bicycle?
(a) Quoyle steals it.
(b) Tert Card rides it into the woods, chasing the Hairy Devil.
(c) Diddy Shovel throws it into the bay.
(d) Diddy Shovel steals it.
10. What job change does Jack announce for Quoyle?
(a) He's to be made redundant.
(b) He'll be managing editor and Nutbeem will do The Shipping news.
(c) He's to be Women's Editor.
(d) He's to be managing editor, but will keep writing The Shipping News.
11. What landscape feature triggers the aunt's memories?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The marshes.
(c) A tall tree.
(d) A small pond.
12. What type of movie does Beety want Quoyle to hire?
(a) An American comedy.
(b) An Australian comedy.
(c) A movie about vampire lesbians.
(d) Anything starring Robert Carlyle.
13. What color is Mavis' hair?
(c) Dark brown.
14. Where is the McGonigle Oil Field?
(a) Under the Grand Banks.
(b) Between Ireland and northern Canada.
(c) In Hudson Bay.
(d) Twenty kilometres from Killick-Claw.
15. What is approximate to the meaning of the word 'redolent'?
(a) aromatic, reminiscent.
(d) recurring, resounding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one surprising use for knots?
2. What prompts Quoyle to make another vow to lose weight?
3. What does Wavey wonder about?
4. Why is Quoyle called to the school?
5. Of which type of figurative language is this an example: 'The bay was an aluminum tray dotted with paper boats.'?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)