|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dreadful family secret does Quoyle discover?
2. What new slant is suggested for the home page?
(b) Travel tales.
(c) Wildlife year.
(d) International gourmet.
3. What fell from the latch as Quoyle exited?
(a) A length of knotted twine.
(b) Some green twine.
(c) The handle
(d) Some seaweed.
4. What does Herry perform?
(a) A piano accordian piece.
(b) A specially prepared song.
(c) A bagpipe piece.
(d) A hornpipe.
5. What is another word for the former sailor hairstyle called 'queues'?
(c) Crew cuts.
6. What season is best for boat-building?
7. What do Quoyle and Bunny think about going back to New York?
(a) They don't like the idea.
(b) Quoyle wants to go, but Bunny doesn't want to leave her best friend.
(c) They can't wait to get packed and in the car.
(d) They have mixed feelings.
8. What is the outcome of the conflict over the piece on oil tankers?
(a) Jack Buggit rules in Quoyle's favor.
(b) Tert Card is suspended.
(c) Jack Buggit suspends Quoyle.
(d) Tert Card gets a pay rise.
9. Why does Quoyle decide to take the boat to Killick-Claw?
(a) The road is blocked.
(b) He needs to transport the corpse.
(c) He thinks he can tow the corpse there.
(d) It is faster than driving.
10. In the end, what does Quoyle learn?
(a) That love doesn't have to be associated with pain and misery.
(b) To discipline Bunny and Sunshine.
(c) To manage a boat.
(d) That he's actually a good journalist.
11. What song does Yark half-sing?
(a) The Gandy Goose.
(b) The Wild Goose.
(c) Goosey Gander.
(d) The Spruce Goose.
12. What is Jack jealous of?
(a) His fishing rights.
(b) The way other men can catch fish and seals.
(c) Quoyle's talent.
(d) The Gammy Bird's reputation.
13. Why does Tert Card wear knot charms?
(a) Against canker sores.
(b) Against the evil eye.
(c) Against gout.
(d) Against vampires.
14. Why did Mr Nightingale cancel his classified ad?
(a) He had run out of money.
(b) His boat suddenly made a profit.
(c) He sold using a roadside sign.
(d) His boat sank.
15. Who is Bunny's best friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Pretty's attitude to travel?
2. Quoyle is appalled about what?
3. What was the vehicle used by the masked attacker?
4. What country was Myanmar formerly known as?
5. Why do Argentina and Paraguay refuse to play soccer in Peru?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)