|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agnis' mother die?
(a) Of injuries sustained in a fall.
(b) Of pneumonia, at home.
(c) Of pneumonia, in a Brooklyn hospital.
(d) Of lung cancer, in a Brooklyn Hospital.
2. How is Quoyle's routine described?
(a) As elaborate.
(b) As frenetic.
(c) As distinctive.
(d) As simple.
3. How is Nutbeem's bathroom unusual?
(a) There is an old firehose in the shower recess.
(b) There is a makeshift bath in the shower recess.
(c) There is a built-in TV in the shower recess.
(d) There is a bidet.
4. Why is Quoyle called to the school?
(a) On account of Bunny's misbehavior.
(b) Because the principal wanted publicity for the school.
(c) On account of unpaid fees.
(d) Because Bunny's poor grades.
5. What happened to the old lighthouse?
(a) It fell into the sea.
(b) It was smashed by a tsunami.
(c) It was burnt down.
(d) It was blown up by Quebec separatists.
6. What season is best for boat-building?
7. Who is Alvin's niece?
8. What is the main component for a large dog's leash?
(a) Hemp lacing.
(b) Rawhide belt lacing.
(d) Hemp rope.
9. What is the outcome of the conflict over the piece on oil tankers?
(a) Tert Card is suspended.
(b) Tert Card gets a pay rise.
(c) Jack Buggit suspends Quoyle.
(d) Jack Buggit rules in Quoyle's favor.
10. Why do Argentina and Paraguay refuse to play soccer in Peru?
(a) Because of an influenza epidemic.
(b) Because of political instability.
(c) Because of a cholera epidemic.
(d) Because of poor pay.
11. Who is the sled dog driver of the Chapter 39 heading?
(c) Cousin Nolan.
(d) Jack London.
12. Who is poor at keeping secrets?
(b) Billy Pretty.
(d) Agnis Hamm.
13. What song does Yark half-sing?
(a) The Wild Goose.
(b) Goosey Gander.
(c) The Gandy Goose.
(d) The Spruce Goose.
14. Who used skin boats?
(a) The Quoyles.
(b) The pioneers.
(c) The Inuit.
(d) The French.
15. Where will Agnis be working?
(b) Long Island.
(c) St John's.
(d) St Jude's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wavey bring for Quoyle's supper?
2. What new job will Tert Card have?
3. Which accommodation no longer seems attractive to Quoyle?
4. Where do Quoyle and Nutbeem go for the ice they need?
5. What aspect of journalism did Nutbeem handle well?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)